2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My status changed today to "a final decision has been made and a letter has been mailed to you". Kind of discouraging to hear that some people had their status changed to this a week ago and still haven't received a letter. Does it seriously take a week to receive it? Snail mail shouldn't be that slow.

It's because they don't actually mail the letter when that status comes up. That message appears when you've got a decision and it's ready to be mailed. Then they have to print out the letters. Then they have to get the dean to sign them. Then they have to put them in envelopes. Then they mail them.

That's why it takes a week or so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saqrfaraj, since ur a MS-1 and already at Drexel, would it be possible for you to find out if the adcom has started looking at wait listed ppl or when they will take applicants off the waitlist? any info about the waitlist would be nice...i only ask b/c having me call them would be pointless since i already know the answer im going to get....btw, gluck studying for ur neuro exam!:meanie:
 
Last edited:
saqrfaraj, since ur a MS-1 and already at Drexel, would it be possible for you to find out if the adcom has started looking at wait listed ppl or when they will take applicants off the waitlist? any info about the waitlist would be nice...i only ask b/c having me call them would be pointless since i already know the answer im going to get....btw, gluck studying for ur neuro exam!:meanie:

i called the office last week to see if they received an update i sent them. the nice lady i spoke with put me on hold, came back and told me that the adcom was in a meeting and they had all the WL files, so she could not tell me if my update had made it into my file.
i'm not really sure what that means in terms of what they are doing, so take that as you wish
 
i called the office last week to see if they received an update i sent them. the nice lady i spoke with put me on hold, came back and told me that the adcom was in a meeting and they had all the WL files, so she could not tell me if my update had made it into my file.
i'm not really sure what that means in terms of what they are doing, so take that as you wish

Sounds like a good sign and looks like FF430's got his answer. I didn't even have to do anything. 😀
 
saqrfaraj, since ur a MS-1 and already at Drexel, would it be possible for you to find out if the adcom has started looking at wait listed ppl or when they will take applicants off the waitlist? any info about the waitlist would be nice...i only ask b/c having me call them would be pointless since i already know the answer im going to get....btw, gluck studying for ur neuro exam!:meanie:

Who told you about that? Do you have a man on the inside or something?? :laugh:
 
My status changed today to final decision has been made. I will find out to a few days. It's difficult to stay positive since every been getting rejections.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status changed today and a "final decision has been reached." Fingers crossed! :xf:

My status changed on Tuesday. I am hoping to get my letter this afternoon.
Best of like to you Mashers. I am crossing my fingers for you :xf:
 
yes, it changed on monday morning and i got the letter on saturday.
apparently letters are mailed on tuesdays, but because it was a long weekend they were mailed on wednesday this week. hope that helps!


Congradulations 😀

Do remember when your online status changed to "a decision has been made and will be mailed to you"?
 
yes, it changed on monday morning and i got the letter on saturday.
apparently letters are mailed on tuesdays, but because it was a long weekend they were mailed on wednesday this week. hope that helps!

Hrm, you must live closer to Drexel than me. I assume you live on the east coast or midwest? I live in California, which is the only reason I can think of for how you got your letter so fast.
 
Hrm, you must live closer to Drexel than me. I assume you live on the east coast or midwest? I live in California, which is the only reason I can think of for how you got your letter so fast.
I hope you get into Drexel! You're a great guy. 👍
 
yep, im an east coast person. you'll prob get the letter today or tmw!


Hrm, you must live closer to Drexel than me. I assume you live on the east coast or midwest? I live in California, which is the only reason I can think of for how you got your letter so fast.
 
Hrm, you must live closer to Drexel than me. I assume you live on the east coast or midwest? I live in California, which is the only reason I can think of for how you got your letter so fast.

Hey Mace1370,

My status changed to "final decision..." on Tuesday 5/26. I live in California too and I still haven't received the letter either. I am expecting the letter today or tomorrow.
Good luck to you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are you supposed to withdraw via email? there were no directions in the packet... also, which email have people used? there are so many.
 
I just wanted to let you know that I interviewed at Drexel back in January and just received my decision last week. I was accepted but I just gave up my spot yesterday. I hope it goes to one of you guys! I know how it feels to wait a long time for a response.
 
It has been awfully quite here. Has no one heard anything lately? has there been any waitlist movement?? is there no hope??
 
Steve0913 said he was actually accepted outright and not off the waitlist. So right now we have 0 movement according to this board. Has anyone heard anything?
 
my friend was accepted off the WL but that was like more than 3 - 4 weeks ago. she declined her offer thou since she is going elsewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I jus got accepted else where and therefore I'm declining my acceptance to Drexel. Good luck to everyone! hope my spot go to a SDNer!
 
I called the admissions office yesterday....said the wait-list is moving, but slowly. He said it will continue to move up until the day of classes so "look out for that phone call"....just wanted to share! good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.