2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if there are any other SDNers who had April interviews here at Drexel and what your current status is according to the banner website.

I was an interviewee on 4/2 and checked that as of 4/14, my file was under review by a committee member and will be sent to committee shortly. I just checked now and it is still the same.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if there are any other SDNers who had April interviews here at Drexel and what your current status is according to the banner website.

I was an interviewee on 4/2 and checked that as of 4/14, my file was under review by a committee member and will be sent to committee shortly. I just checked now and it is still the same.

I interviewed in November. My status message finally changed today. The wait will vary.

EDIT: Question has been answered lol

Last edited:
I interviewed in November. My status message finally changed today. The wait will vary.

EDIT: Question has been answered lol
Oh..man. It changed today !!. What does it say now ?. It is unbelievable that they processed applications of even those who are interviewed in April, but didn't touch those interviewed way earlier. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in my withdrawal letter (and email) so a spot will be opening up. Good luck to everyone!

Rejected post-interview :( Time to leave Philly and make new friends :(

I don't understand, rejected 4 weeks post-interview...they did not even waitlist me....I am shocked and saddened (and fuming).

Rejected post-interview :( Time to leave Philly and make new friends :(

I don't understand, rejected 4 weeks post-interview...they did not even waitlist me....I am shocked and saddened (and fuming).

Chessdoc,

I am first and foremost share in your disappointment. I am right now waiting to hear back and had my interview a little over 3 weeks ago.

I was wondering if there was anything in your interview that stood out to you that may have been a factor going against you. Did you think it went well? Do you have an MDapps profile? What are your stats, edu profile, and bio facts? Do you have any acceptances this season? It is kind of strange that you would make it to this point and just get axed.

Feel free to reply or PM me. And once again, I sympathize with you.

Status just changed to currently under review by admissions committee with no decision yet made.

Thanks for the luck NJmed. My status was on under review until Wed then it changed to committee review and then Friday it changed to a decision has been made. Your's should be moving soon enough. perhaps this next week. Try not to worry something good is on its way.:cool:

I really wish they would email decisions.
sperola, did you get the letter ?.

Got my letter, waitlisted..

Will be withdrawing. Good luck guys

Hey guys,

I will be withdrawing my acceptance from Drexel later today. Hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys!

Good luck!!

Hey guys,

I will be withdrawing my acceptance from Drexel later today. Hopefully my spot will go to one of you guys!

Good luck!!
Thanks Warbux. By the way, may I ask you where you are going to go ?.

Got my letter, waitlisted..

Will be withdrawing. Good luck guys
Oh man, fuzzywuz...interviewed in November and they waited till (almost) May to waitlist you. Who was your interviewer and how do you think your interview went ?. Anyway, you don't have to worry since you have other acceptances. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thursdays are when I do my Drexel dance and send out my positive vibes to the adcom!!

for those of you that have gotten final decision made status notices recently, does drexel send out the decisions right away or do you still have to wait about 2 weeks (from previous posts)

sperola, did you get the letter ?.

Hey NJmed, I got the letter finally last friday, and it was a rejection. :(
But its okay I got accepted to a program at my first choice. :D

I hope you get your letter soon and that its good news

Good Luck!

Thanks Warbux. By the way, may I ask you where you are going to go ?.

I'm going to go to the University of Miami, but I'm still deciding whether I want to go to the main campus or the regional campus at Boca Raton. Miami offered a nice financial aid package and it's in my home state so that's why I decided to go there.

I really liked Drexel though so this was a tough decision... Good luck!! :xf:

Hey NJmed, I got the letter finally last friday, and it was a rejection. :(
But its okay I got accepted to a program at my first choice. :D

I hope you get your letter soon and that its good news

Good Luck!
Thanks buddy. Sorry about your rejection...how was your interview ?. And also may I ask who was the interviewer ?.

The wait is finally over...well, maybe almost.

As of 10 AM today, my status went to: "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address."

Thanks buddy. Sorry about your rejection...how was your interview ?. And also may I ask who was the interviewer ?.

If I remember right I think we rode the bus to center city together for our interviews. My interview was with Dr. Xiao. I didn't think it went well, I felt rushed and I often had to repeat things because it seemed as though he didn't understand what I was saying or what was going on in my application. My student interview went great I thought.

I really like Philly and Drexel, no worries though, I'll be headed for a great school in the fall. Go Buckeyes!!!

... You still haven't received the letter yet? I thought your status already changed.

Just withdrew, hope it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck to you.

The wait is finally over...well, maybe almost.

As of 10 AM today, my status went to: "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address."
Hey, Did you get the letter ?.

Withdrew... hope the spot is headed to one of you. It was a tough school to let go-- enjoy Philly!

Is there a current Drexel student who would be willing to answer a few of my questions? Please shoot me a PM. Thank you!

Interviewed at Drexel in December and absolutely LOVED the school. Great people there and my faculty interviewer and the admissions staff were really really friendly. This was a difficult one to withdraw from... hope one of you gets my spot. Good luck everyone.

Does anyone know how the AdCom will notify people who got acceptances off the waitlist? Email, phone, snail mail? Also, are they even evaluating the wait list now, or are they still going over recent interviewees? Thanks.

Does anyone know how the AdCom will notify people who got acceptances off the waitlist? Email, phone, snail mail? Also, are they even evaluating the wait list now, or are they still going over recent interviewees? Thanks.

I know that at least some folks received calls from Kelli Kennedy, the Director of Admissions. I don't know if this is the default method, or just one of the ways they do it.

I interviewed in early April and am still waiting to hear back. I called on Friday and it sounded like the committee was meeting again on Thursday to make more decisions.

I interviewed in early April and am still waiting to hear back. I called on Friday and it sounded like the committee was meeting again on Thursday to make more decisions.

I interviewed around the same time too and still waiting to hear back. My status changed about a month go to under review by adcom and hasn't changed since.

I interviewed around the same time too and still waiting to hear back. My status changed about a month go to under review by adcom and hasn't changed since.
My status just changed to "under review" so that's a good sign at least! I'm not giving up hope just yet.

I interviewed in mid April, and on May 15th, my status changed to "final decision has been made". Drexel said they mailed out my letter on Monday, so it should be here any day now :D

Good luck thebluehour.
My status has yet to change...

hi everyone - i recently got accepted to drexel but am torn... i got into suny buffalo as well and am a NYS resident... so cost plays a huge factor. however, i feel that drexel's clinical rotations are probably stronger than buff? Any thoughts? Does anyone know if the 2009 match list is available somewhere?

hi everyone - i recently got accepted to drexel but am torn... i got into suny buffalo as well and am a NYS resident... so cost plays a huge factor. however, i feel that drexel's clinical rotations are probably stronger than buff? Any thoughts? Does anyone know if the 2009 match list is available somewhere?

here is the 2009 match
http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/cdc/f...h_Results.html

best of luck with your decision

I responded to your post in another thread. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Anyone in this thread do the IMS program at Drexel? What did you think of it?

Last edited:
I interviewed in mid April, and on May 15th, my status changed to "final decision has been made". Drexel said they mailed out my letter on Monday, so it should be here any day now :D

My status changed on the 15th too. I hope it comes by tomorrow because I'm going on vacation next week and I want to know whether to celebrate or drown my sorrows because I have no acceptances. We'll see!

Well, nothing in the mail today. I'm hoping it comes tomorrow - I don't think I could take waiting the entire weekend. :p

Paisley Jane, how long did it take for your status to change?

Mine changed on friday too, I have yet to receive my letter though...

My status changed today to "a final decision has been made and a letter has been mailed to you". Kind of discouraging to hear that some people had their status changed to this a week ago and still haven't received a letter. Does it seriously take a week to receive it? Snail mail shouldn't be that slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.