-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread
Started by ButImLETired
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was wondering how's the NYU residence are like. I heard it was pretty sketchy from the interview feedback.
I have friends who go to NYU med. They said the rooms are really tiny, but that's pretty much par for the course in New York.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm realizing that all my NYC interview days seem to be blending together in my memory...so was NYU the one with two rooms connected by a bathroom?
Not the one I saw.
I'm assuming we're talking about Rubin Hall right? Is the Med School adjoined to the hospital or is it at the main NYU campus? Cuz Rubin Hall is quite aways away from the hospital...
Rubin Hall is actually quite close to both hospitals. The med school, Rubin Hall, and the hospital all seem to be interconnected and they are not on the main NYU campus.
Ya, same question. For those who have interviewed, when is the slated date of notification of acceptance/hold/reject etc? Is it still going to be March 3rd? I thought they were trying to get the notice out early because they were losing lots of candidates notifying so late? Thanx
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/8. Interview invite 11/18
Chocolate chip + M&M cookie please
Congrats! Looking for some love from NYU, no luck yet.
I'm curious though (as are a lot of people on this thread), did you ever get the "Final Decision Pending" message?
I'm realizing that all my NYC interview days seem to be blending together in my memory...so was NYU the one with two rooms connected by a bathroom?
I think Cornell may be the one with 2 rooms connected to a bathroom. If my memory serves me correctly, NYU has dorms where you actually have to leave your room to use the bathroom.
I think Cornell may be the one with 2 rooms connected to a bathroom. If my memory serves me correctly, NYU has dorms where you actually have to leave your room to use the bathroom.
Yup, that's Olin Hall in Cornell..
I apologize if this was asked already (I did not find the answer in this thread), but what time does the interview day end? Better yet, what is the earliest I could book a flight to leave NYC?
I apologize if this was asked already (I did not find the answer in this thread), but what time does the interview day end? Better yet, what is the earliest I could book a flight to leave NYC?
It depends what time your interview is. I had a morning interview, and I was finished by 1:30. Afternoon interviews would go a bit later.
I apologize if this was asked already (I did not find the answer in this thread), but what time does the interview day end? Better yet, what is the earliest I could book a flight to leave NYC?
i had an afternoon interview (3 pm), and i was done at 3:30. i'm sure others that had 1 or 1:30 interviews were done earlier.
Congrats! Looking for some love from NYU, no luck yet.
I'm curious though (as are a lot of people on this thread), did you ever get the "Final Decision Pending" message?
I don't think so. After obssessively checking my status for months I started checking once ever 2-3 days and I never noticed that message at all.
Congrats! Looking for some love from NYU, no luck yet.
I'm curious though (as are a lot of people on this thread), did you ever get the "Final Decision Pending" message?
I've been done since August and just received an invite yesterday. I need to book it somewhere between December 8th-20th. So, assuming they interview until March like all the other schools, plenty of spaces left.
Thanks guys...I really hope these schools have second looks lolYup, that's Olin Hall in Cornell..
According to their website NYU only interviews until the end of January
I've been done since August and just received an invite yesterday. I need to book it somewhere between December 8th-20th. So, assuming they interview until March like all the other schools, plenty of spaces left.
congrats!! 👍 have you sent in any updates prior to ur invite? thanks for ur help!
I apologize if this was asked already (I did not find the answer in this thread), but what time does the interview day end? Better yet, what is the earliest I could book a flight to leave NYC?
Better yet, when does the day start? When do you have to arrive "on campus" in the morning?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Better yet, when does the day start? When do you have to arrive "on campus" in the morning?
Depends on your interview time. My interview was at 10:45 so they asked me to be there at 10:30. Some applicants with earlier interviews were already there. If you have an afternoon interview, I assume you'd still have to be there for the pre-lunch tour, which was around 11 I believe. I'd call the admissions office if I were you.
i had to be there for the 12 pm lunch since i had an afternoon interview.Depends on your interview time. My interview was at 10:45 so they asked me to be there at 10:30. Some applicants with earlier interviews were already there. If you have an afternoon interview, I assume you'd still have to be there for the pre-lunch tour, which was around 11 I believe. I'd call the admissions office if I were you.
T
thegreenlight
Is anyone still under review? 🙁
yeah!Is anyone still under review? 🙁
yep. i'm still under review
I heard/read somewhere that NYU acceptances went around in December before the holidays last year.
Anyone have any clue as to when that date might be this year?
I'm REALLY hoping for some positive news!!
EDIT: retracting this. Turns out this was the case two years, not last year.
Anyone have any clue as to when that date might be this year?
I'm REALLY hoping for some positive news!!
EDIT: retracting this. Turns out this was the case two years, not last year.
Last edited:
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Does anyone use their NYU keychain? Just wondering 🙂
I like to put the name tags on my door when I get interviews. Since I didn't get one at NYU, I taped the keychain on my door!
Anyone know how much the interview is weighted? I had mine yesterday and it seems that it was pretty laidback for everyone... naturally everyone did well. If this is the case, are we really to be judged mainly by our pre-interview stats? Because 30 mins of "what's your childhood like" questions don't really do us justice... at least the pre-meds who've been keeping up with ethics.
Complete on 10/14.
Interview invite 12/8.
***runs outside dorm in just boxers and busts some crazy moves, before realizing its 20° outside***
Interview invite 12/8.
***runs outside dorm in just boxers and busts some crazy moves, before realizing its 20° outside***
did NYU tell anyone when they were complete or do you just assume based on if you have everything in?
did NYU tell anyone when they were complete or do you just assume based on if you have everything in?
I received an email notifying me that I had everything in.
did NYU tell anyone when they were complete or do you just assume based on if you have everything in?
e-mail sent after complete
Dear Applicant:
This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.
Thank you,
Admissions Office
NYU School of Medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe the status page indicates the day you submitted your application, but it does not indicate the day it was completed. I was notified that I was complete via e-mailI received an email notifying me that I had everything in.
so i called NYU today to find out whether they will send out acceptances in december. they really super nice lady said yes, the first round of acceptances will be sent out in december.. and if you dont hear, dont know, because more may/will be sent out in january. 🙂
and they accept LOI's.. preferably by email 🙂
hope thishelps. i was going to send an LOI, but i think i will wait until after new years to do that with this new info
and they accept LOI's.. preferably by email 🙂
hope thishelps. i was going to send an LOI, but i think i will wait until after new years to do that with this new info
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K