2008 - 2009 University of Colorado Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email this morning saying that the alt1 meeting that was originally scheduled for may 26th has been canceled, and is rescheduled for mid June. They expect to have everyone from alt1 accepted by that date. Im sure RandomZero is talking about that.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed. In the email they said that they expect all alt 1s to be accepted by the mid-june session, in which case they'll just cancel the session all together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dean Wagoner said that they didn't give us any information in order to not get our hopes up. It seems to work too well. While I am appreciative that im on alt2 not alt 3 or flat out rejected, the silence is killing me.

Last edited:
Is anyone else an alt1 at other schools? Have those other schools moved quicker in offering waitlist acceptances, or is this par for the course?
Illuminati more secretive, but much more expedient

I'm on wait lists at three other schools and hold an acceptance. So far Colorado has given me the most info on my wait list status, offering me a fairly specific placement, alt1. Other schools are keeping me more in the dark, which I suspect doesn't bode well...

It seems the wait list is moving... I was accepted today! 4:30 PM, via e-mail.

Last edited:
Congrats :)! Join our facebook group if you can!

I just got my acceptance today as well. I was an Alt 1. Good luck all!

So yesterday I called the admissions office around 4 pm to inquire about my status, and gave my name which Willa looked up. Then she said "well actually I'm about to send you your acceptance email..." Needless to say, I was like "whoa, ok... thanks." So I ruined the email surprise. But that's all right, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who have been recently accepted! :)...Good luck to the rest who are waiting!

im also an alt1 that has yet to hear anything. I called the office today and Willa let me know that they sent out letters earlier this week to people with multiple acceptances telling them that they have until this monday before offers are rescinded. She said that more movement will most likely happen after monday. More waiting...

im also an alt1 that has yet to hear anything. I called the office today and Willa let me know that they sent out letters earlier this week to people with multiple acceptances telling them that they have until this monday before offers are rescinded. She said that more movement will most likely happen after monday. More waiting...

Thanks for the info!!

That could explain why some have heard while others have not. I was holding an acceptance at New York.

well this silence is painful haha..still havent heard anything..(alt1) :sleep:

Yeah I understand, everyday that there are still alt1's waiting to get in, my hopes in alt2'ers getting in kinda slide a little. Now if only admissions were as efficient as the Illuminati, the secrecy wouldn't seem so bad.

ok here is the latest. I talked to Willa today. The class is full. All 160 students have committed to the school so far. This is the first time in 6 years that this has happened. I don't know what to think. I guess the bad economy has finally taken its toll on us students. I hope the best for all of us.

Being an Alt1, I did not see this coming.:(

Cu was my last wait list on round 2..... That is definately unexpected news....

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Nep; however awful it might be. At least we now know something. You still have a chance, a couple people might drop at the beginning of the year or during the summer and I can't imagine there are many people ahead of you. In any case, best of luck to you, those applying next year, and to everyone else who'll be starting something new.

Thanks for the info Nep; however awful it might be. At least we now know something. You still have a chance, a couple people might drop at the beginning of the year or during the summer and I can't imagine there are many people ahead of you. In any case, best of luck to you, those applying next year, and to everyone else who'll be starting something new.

Thanks, I know its hard for all the waitlisted people to hear this news.

But what I am curious about is if there are any folks who have been accepted here that are waitlisted somewhere else, who might still consider the other school. Now that would open some spots up. It all depends how the other schools walitlist is moving.

In context of how wishy-washy they've been with the rest of the info they've fed us, for Willa to make such a statement makes me think she's pretty confident that we aren't getting acceptances anytime soon. Although, I guess it all depends on her interpretation of the word "committed." You still have a misinformation meeting in mid-June, right? You'll have to let us know what they tell you. I just can't imagine there would be very many people still sitting on acceptances...

This was Willa's reply to my inquiry today,

While I cannot tell you that there is no chance that we will get to the non resident alternate 2 list I believe that it is unlikely. In the past we have always taken all the names off the alternate 1 list and gone into the alternate 2 list. That may not be the case this year. At this time the list seems to have stalled. I wish the news were better. All best wishes, Willa

So I emailed her about the mix up that im a non resident, but i guess thats pretty clear.

I thought that I would post to clear up some misinformation that I see in this thread. While the class is technically full there are still accepted students holding on to wait list positions at other schools. If they get off whatever wait list they are on they have a chance to give up their CU acceptance. So the CU wait list should continue to slowly trickle until matriculation in August. So don't give up all hope yet the wait list might still move. Best of luck.

Yeah. I talked to a first year who got his acceptance two days before class started.

Yeah, what those two guys said.

Congratulations Nep! That's awesome. I am also excited that the waitlist is moving! Any other Alt 1's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.