2008-2009 UT Southwestern Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I will be unable to attend the Friday pre-interview day (obviously I will be there for Saturday). Can anyone tell me what, in particular, they talked about on Friday that is not covered on Saturday? Is it a significant disadvantage to not going on Friday?

There is no disadvantage. Basically it is a more indepth presentation of the curriculum, the campus, and med school life in general, but they have a concise version on the interview day. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

My status online changed from "interviewed" to "under review" any ideas what that means?

My status online changed from "interviewed" to "under review" any ideas what that means?

I am also "under review" Hopefully it is good news next Saturday!

Members don't see this ad :)

lol I decided to check my status last night and noticed the same thing... Anyone from last year have any insight on this one?

Does anybody know if UT Southwestern accepts a lot of OOS from their waitlist? When do most of those acceptances happen?

Same question here. Congrats to all those accepted already!

I would imagine that the waitlist movement would start happening in mid april to may because many of the UTSW people holding acceptances are also holding acceptances to AMCAS schools and they need to decide on one school by May 15, so they will start dropping acceptances, and as such, they might be dropping UTSW after receiving word from WL, fin aid, at other schools etc...

So... does anyone know what the email later this month will contain (other than what the wait-email already outlined)? Or will we really have to wait that much longer to know what will be there... :eek:

Has anyone admitted received any recent correspondence from UTSW aside from Wes Norred's e-mail about the change in grading policy? A couple UTSW students were telling me that MS-0 day was in mid to late February last year, but I haven't heard anything about it!

Has anyone admitted received any recent correspondence from UTSW aside from Wes Norred's e-mail about the change in grading policy? A couple UTSW students were telling me that MS-0 day was in mid to late February last year, but I haven't heard anything about it!

Nope. Surprisingly quiet since then.

Wow, this is a quiet one! Anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted from the waitlist? Or, since UTSW apparently does not rank alternates, what the criteria are for determining which candidates are accepted off this list?

Wow, this is a quiet one! Anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted from the waitlist? Or, since UTSW apparently does not rank alternates, what the criteria are for determining which candidates are accepted off this list?

And are what are the differences in the Alternate List for IS and OOS?

I got a couple emails last week about UTSW's summer enrichment program. I think its for economically disadvantaged, URMs, ppl with low stats, and ppl that have been out of college for a while(I think thats how I got it). As for MS-0 day, I havent heard anything.

Does anybody know when the next alternate list update will come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.