2009-2010 Boston University Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure I win the lowest mcat award. I feel like I got an appeal on the day of my death sentence.

27/3.84/good public school..... like someone else, I'm pretty sure I'm waiting to die another day...
 
I'm pretty sure I win the lowest mcat award. I feel like I got an appeal on the day of my death sentence.

27/3.84/good public school..... like someone else, I'm pretty sure I'm waiting to die another day...
27/3.91/good public school....tie score!
 
3.5, 36 from University of Michigan with a lot of clinical/volunteering experience and a little unconventional (doing SMP at Georgetown for my master's).

I'm checking every day to see if I've been canned, I'm hoping BU will wait to see how I do in my first classes this year before they pull the trigger.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when BU started dishing out interviews or second round of rejections last year?

I might check that out when I have some time.
 
Anyone know when BU started dishing out interviews or second round of rejections last year?

I might check that out when I have some time.
\

I'm sure many of us would be forever indebted to you if you somehow acquired this information🙂
 
at least it looks like the axe has stopped falling on heads for now.

or maybe they're just sharpening it outback...and will be back for more 🙁
 
I need to update my grades, and the admissions office says to do it via myapplication. Should I just write down my new grades on a word document and upload it or does it need to be more official than that? Other schools have been accepting emails as updates so i'm just not sure how formal i'm supposed to be.
 
So much for mercy!

Even though I knew it was coming, still hurts. Oh well. Probably because I wasn't expecting to get rejected on a weekend.

Complete 4/13, they're going around the block again, I think!

Good luck everyone 🙂
 
Not rejected!

But that's because I just submitted today. Now we play the waiting game.
 
So much for mercy!

Even though I knew it was coming, still hurts. Oh well. Probably because I wasn't expecting to get rejected on a weekend.

Complete 4/13, they're going around the block again, I think!

Good luck everyone 🙂

Looks like its begun again :scared:
 
complete 7/13, just got rejected. FML. I'm not getting in anywhere this year.
Don't let Boston get you down. Both Boston and Georgedown reject huge numbers of applicants, even after you give them a ridiculous $100 application fee.
 
So much for mercy!

Even though I knew it was coming, still hurts. Oh well. Probably because I wasn't expecting to get rejected on a weekend.

Complete 4/13, they're going around the block again, I think!

Good luck everyone 🙂

Ah crap. Wonder if they're going to do it systematically like they did the first round.

I'd probably prefer it to be random.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I got an email today from this school asking why I haven't communicated with them since receiving the secondary. I am waiting on some lors so that's why I haven't turned it in yet. Should I be concerned.
 
Hahaha. I love my school.

July 7th, I get an e-mail from BUSM saying they need a copy of my institutional action letter.

July 8th, I go to the Judicial Affairs office and them mail that letter to BUSM, which is literally two miles away.

July 27th, I call the Judicial Affairs office. They sent it a while ago. I call BUSM. They haven't gotten it yet. They say to send it again.

July 31st, I go back to the Judicial Affairs office and get another copy. The director of Judicial Affairs hands me the unsealed envelope and says to bring it there in person. I look at the letter. It is three sentences long.

August 3rd, I go to BUSM in person. They don't take unsealed envelopes. They tell me to get another copy that is sealed and signed across the fold. Until then, my application is still on hold.

😍😍😍
 
Rejected! :cry: Now I hate the Red Sox even more.

Complete 7/20. 3.76/36

Me too to both the being rejected and to the hating the red sox even more than I already did!!

i was complete 7/20 as well
 
First Rejection.

Secondary Submitted: 12th July
Complete: 20th July
Stats: 3.9/35

Good Luck Everyone! Looks like round 2 of the Boston Massacre has begun! :scared:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
had a question for you guys. i've already been rejected from here but a question just popped into my head about BU's secondary. I remember when my MCAT scores were automatically entered for me in the mcat score section, my percentile rank showed up next to each subsection and composite score. i've never seen any other secondaries show this. do all schools see what your percentile was for that particular mcat since every mcat is different, either way harder or way easier?
 
had a question for you guys. i've already been rejected from here but a question just popped into my head about BU's secondary. I remember when my MCAT scores were automatically entered for me in the mcat score section, my percentile rank showed up next to each subsection and composite score. i've never seen any other secondaries show this. do all schools see what your percentile was for that particular mcat since every mcat is different, either way harder or way easier?

probably, it seems like an official way that the mcat service reports
 
i feel like tomorrow is the day of my death sentence! :scared:

good luck to my fellow 21ers, hope we can actually fall sleep tonight :xf:😀
 
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in here, but my head was starting to hurt from reading the 10+ pages in this thread...

Anyway, my AMCAS has not been verified and my committee LOR hasn't been received my AMCAS yet either (should be within the next week :xf:). Am I still able to submit the secondary even though I have these blanks?

THANKS!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
had a question for you guys. i've already been rejected from here but a question just popped into my head about BU's secondary. I remember when my MCAT scores were automatically entered for me in the mcat score section, my percentile rank showed up next to each subsection and composite score. i've never seen any other secondaries show this. do all schools see what your percentile was for that particular mcat since every mcat is different, either way harder or way easier?

An MCAT score in number form always correlates to a certain percentile.
 
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in here, but my head was starting to hurt from reading the 10+ pages in this thread...

Anyway, my AMCAS has not been verified and my committee LOR hasn't been received my AMCAS yet either (should be within the next week :xf:). Am I still able to submit the secondary even though I have these blanks?

THANKS!

If they sent you an invite for secondary application, you can submit the secondary, however they will not even look at it until everything is in, so there's really no point in rushing it.

If they have not sent you an invite for secondary, then you should wait.
 
My limited understanding from briefly looking at the BU thread from last year is that it'll be awhile before interviews start going out.

I'm going to stop obsessing about this one.
 
Rejected. I think I would've really liked this school, but looking at the list of those who have been rejected on SDN, I think I'm still happy to be in such great company. 🙂

Good luck to those of you still in the running!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.