-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Boston University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Although the news wasn't fantastic, I am glad that there has been at least partial closure to this matter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not everyone, I haven't gotten any news at all yet. Do you think all of the waitlisted statuses have been updated by now? I'm having a mini heart attack every time I check my e-mail!
Im not too sure if everyone got the updates by now.
but I received an email and I was asked to confirm whether i wanted to remain on the waiting list or not.
Is there anyone who got rejected in the status page?
Waitlisted yet again. My 5th one. Do I smell or something?
Im not too sure if everyone got the updates by now.
but I received an email and I was asked to confirm whether i wanted to remain on the waiting list or not.
Is there anyone who got rejected in the status page?
so your status page changed?
Waitlisted yet again. My 5th one. Do I smell or something?
Sorry bluedevil. I feel your pain.
Ouch. I was actually wait-listed. The e-mail just hadn't forwarded to my main account yet.
So wait-listed at my top two choices, accepted to my 3rd. I shouldn't really complain, but it still hurts a little bit. 🙁
So wait-listed at my top two choices, accepted to my 3rd. I shouldn't really complain, but it still hurts a little bit. 🙁
hahaha either BU straight up decided to lie to everyone by saying a 'small' pool of students are waitlisted or they totally have a different meaning for the word 'small'.
I wish everyone here with whatever they decided the best of luck in their career, and life for that matter. It has been an honor being tortured and neurotic with you. 🙂
I wish everyone here with whatever they decided the best of luck in their career, and life for that matter. It has been an honor being tortured and neurotic with you. 🙂
hahaha either BU straight up decided to lie to everyone by saying a 'small' pool of students are waitlisted or they totally have a different meaning for the word 'small'.
I wish everyone here with whatever they decided the best of luck in their career, and life for that matter. It has been an honor being tortured and neurotic with you. 🙂
Yeah, they totally mislead you about the waitlist. They did this last year as well. I just don't get the point why the Dean makes a note to say this every year, when it's just blatantly not true. I'd rather they just not say anything about it, then making people believe the contrary.
Anyway, still nothing for me. So it's probably rejection or acceptance for me.
rejected 🙁 How sad huh? 🙁
I got one via email, so if you didn't get one you know its a good thing 🙂
Just want to let you all know so you can breathe a bit easier knowing that they do reject some people!! Good luck everyone with the rest of the process! 🙂 It was a nice journey with you all
I got one via email, so if you didn't get one you know its a good thing 🙂
Just want to let you all know so you can breathe a bit easier knowing that they do reject some people!! Good luck everyone with the rest of the process! 🙂 It was a nice journey with you all
rejected 🙁 How sad huh? 🙁
I got one via email, so if you didn't get one you know its a good thing 🙂
Just want to let you all know so you can breathe a bit easier knowing that they do reject some people!! Good luck everyone with the rest of the process! 🙂 It was a nice journey with you all
I'm sorry...I feel your pain, was rejected here (via email) as well 🙁 I'm pretty upset, I felt like I'd fit in well in Boston, and this was also the last school I was waiting to hear from..waitlisted everywhere else.
Well good luck to everyone who is continuing to wait, it was actually a nice journey. The people on this BU thread are pretty awesome, I wish you all the best.
I'm sorry...I feel your pain, was rejected here (via email) as well 🙁 I'm pretty upset, I felt like I'd fit in well in Boston, and this was also the last school I was waiting to hear from..waitlisted everywhere else.
Well good luck to everyone who is continuing to wait, it was actually a nice journey. The people on this BU thread are pretty awesome, I wish you all the best.
Sorry to hear that Silly Monkey and AutumnAmethyst. This whole process is a crapshoot, and I think we've all learned not to take it personally. I'm sure you'll end up someplace where you'll be happy. Good luck. I'm rooting for you!
Yeah, they totally mislead you about the waitlist. They did this last year as well. I just don't get the point why the Dean makes a note to say this every year, when it's just blatantly not true. I'd rather they just not say anything about it, then making people believe the contrary.
Anyway, still nothing for me. So it's probably rejection or acceptance for me.
Nothing for me either, but I'm still panicking every time I check my e-mail. I'll feel a lot better once 5pm passes, then hopefully we'll be safe for today. Why can't they just tell us!?
Nothing for me either, but I'm still panicking every time I check my e-mail. I'll feel a lot better once 5pm passes, then hopefully we'll be safe for today. Why can't they just tell us!?
who was your interviewer again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
who was your interviewer again?
Dr. Phillips, and someone had said they got a congrats e-mail from her this morning...so I'm a little worried.
Dr. Phillips, and someone had said they got a congrats e-mail from her this morning...so I'm a little worried.
Since you didn't get a wait-list, or rejection status update, you are probably good to go. I remember in January, the accepted update status did not change till well after everyone else received their info. Your interviewer probably accidentally skipped your name, or hasn't gotten to you yet.
🙂
Anyone else feel like they were double wait-listed at BU? Deferred and then wait-listed?

*Sigh*
so is there really no waitlist movement at BU? or did they lie about that too
got waitlisted as well...someone with more insight about this process at BU please share your thoughts.
Hey Guys,
I was accepted in January, but my better half got wait listed today so I will be withdrawing--hopefully my spot goes to one of you!

I was accepted in January, but my better half got wait listed today so I will be withdrawing--hopefully my spot goes to one of you!

Just received an acceptance email from the admissions office. Neat.
Just got an e-mail that my status changed and I'm accepted!
I definitely had a minor panic attack when I saw that e-mail, all it says in the subject is: Status Update, they should put a congrats in there or something. 😀
I knew it! Go celebrate.
🙂
mdeast!!
You for sure going?? I am!!! wooot
You for sure going?? I am!!! wooot
waitlisted. fml
mdeast!!
You for sure going?? I am!!! wooot
I'm still probably going to Mount Sinai. But I'm thinking about checking out revisit weekend. Honored to have the option. I will withdraw once I'm sure, and I hope if I do end up doing that, that it goes to a SDNer.
omg!
Got the email 4:59pm.
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Yayyyyyyy!! Me too man
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, my first post of the thread. I'm accepted!! 2nd time reapplicant too after being WL last year so this feels extra extra sweet. Any other GMS grads get accepted?
Got the e-mail about two hours ago. Baboosh!
So I don't really understand this but a friend of mine who was deferred in January who withdrew following the deferral also got the waitlist email today... Even though she withdrew in January..
What is BU doing??!
now that's some thick sh|t
also waitlisted 🙁
Accepted! 🙂
Interviewed in January, got an acceptance email around 5:00 PM EST on Friday 4/2/10.
Good luck to everyone!
Interviewed in January, got an acceptance email around 5:00 PM EST on Friday 4/2/10.
Good luck to everyone!
is anyone else having trouble getting to the accept/decline screen?
acceptance package in the mail today. Live in Philly.
Same here. Live in NYC.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, my first post of the thread. I'm accepted!! 2nd time reapplicant too after being WL last year so this feels extra extra sweet. Any other GMS grads get accepted?
I only know camaras who posted earlier and a poster named redsquareblack or something like that has gotten accepted who were last year's GMS kids.
But they got accepted in the earlier group not this one. Don't know about othrs.
i want to make sure that i am understanding this correctly. for the financial aid stuff for BU, we have to fill out the fafsa, the busm application for financial assistance, AND the CSS/Financial Aid Profile........which isn't free.....correct? that last one costs more money.....? 🙁
i want to make sure that i am understanding this correctly. for the financial aid stuff for BU, we have to fill out the fafsa, the busm application for financial assistance, AND the CSS/Financial Aid Profile........which isn't free.....correct? that last one costs more money.....? 🙁
Yea, that's correct. You also need to include your parents' information even if you are considered "independent." And mail/upload copies of all tax returns. And yes, the CSS profile requires payment, I don't remember exactly how much.
Yea, that's correct. You also need to include your parents' information even if you are considered "independent." And mail/upload copies of all tax returns. And yes, the CSS profile requires payment, I don't remember exactly how much.
boo for more payments lol....upload the tax returns? where? on the application home's action link? i'm guessing they won't take emails? lol
I think there was 0 movement in the past two years. But thats just from SDN and last years waitlist threads.
According to Witzburg, no one off the waitlist got in last year. This really sucks
Got Waitlisted on Friday. Almost Threw up 🙁
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K