You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW, I looked at last year's thread for ECU and found the following things that happened after this date last year:
98 acceptances on may 1 last year
1 acceptance on may 14,
1 acceptance on may 21.
That's it, so good luck to all but I for one am not counting on it at all!
98 acceptances on may 1 last year
1 acceptance on may 14,
1 acceptance on may 21.
That's it, so good luck to all but I for one am not counting on it at all!
FWIW, I looked at last year's thread for ECU and found the following things that happened after this date last year:
98 acceptances on may 1 last year
1 acceptance on may 14,
1 acceptance on may 21.
That's it, so good luck to all but I for one am not counting on it at all!
That was only what was reported in the thread. No one ever put up the complete number of acceptances from May of last year. And, that thread had half the traffic that this year's does, so it isn't necessarily a representative sample.
The spaces are, however, running out. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to drop the money on an MCAT course, and retake that thing again.
That was only what was reported in the thread. No one ever put up the complete number of acceptances from May of last year. And, that thread had half the traffic that this year's does, so it isn't necessarily a representative sample.
The spaces are, however, running out. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to drop the money on an MCAT course, and retake that thing again.
Agreed. I think there were probably 5 acceptances for every 1 post or so.......
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!![]()
Thanks for opening up my spot!
😀(Hope you're a white male - preferably older - just to keep their demographics even!)
Thanks for opening up my spot!😀
(Hope you're a white male - preferably older - just to keep their demographics even!)
Matty I think you said what many of us were thinking 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are we thinking phone call at this point? or still a letter in the mail?
Yay for girls giving up spots! 🙂
I think it's still a letter in the mail. I wish phone call ... or e-mail. Would make it much easier.
Also, still no update. Hopefully no spots went out again.
I know of a girl who gave up her spot on Friday 😛
G'luck to ya 👍
Another girl here withdrawing from Brody. I love this school though, and it kind of broke my heart to do so, but I'm better suited elsewhere. Best to all



Just to offer some info my letter was dated March 30th, but it didn't arrive until April 4th....
I'll try to call again later, being that I'm about to go into a meeting at work. Can somebody else try too, just in case I don't get out until 5?
Norm, you're in Charlotte, right?
Yeah... well near Charlotte. I think all our mail has to go through Charlotte before it comes to the post office near my house in Cabarrus County...
I don't think SDN helps at all
... or their updates 🙁
I wish they would use e-mail/phone calls like every other medical school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh I hope so...waiting is killing me! I would like to make plans at this school foremost but if not here elsewhere. I'm gonna be tied down this summer which will make it hard to find housing during what little free time I will have. Good luck everybody!!
I just called. I got in.
Got the acceptance letter today!! This is my second time applying so it comes with much relief.
For anyone else who recently received a letter, did yours include anything about financial aid?
Congratulations! The financial aid stuff is sent separately later on. It came several weeks after the acceptance letter, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has everyone received their letter in the mail then?
Nothing here ... looks like only 1 letter so far, and 2 acceptances posted on SDN.
Hopefully good things will happen this week. 🙂
I got my letter. No financial aid info though. Dated March 16, postmarked the 17th.
Great news! Congrats on your acceptances!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.