2010-2011 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh just got the call from betty!! I finally have a seat!!! :hungover: for those who want to know, i'm oos, interviewed in november, and accepted in january. I will definitely be attending fiu and i cannot wait to meet all of you guys!!

congrats!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I'm looking to apply to FIU this year. Does anyone know their average MCAT and GPA?

Just got an email asking if I wanted to remain on the waiting list.

Notice to those who received this email that the subject heading is "Accepted Alternate Wail List". So true.

Just got an email asking if I wanted to remain on the waiting list.

Notice to those who received this email that the subject heading is "Accepted Alternate Wail List". So true.

LOL I didn't notice that.
I got the email too, and I said YES YES. :)

Just got the email as well. I'm guessing they sent it to everyone on the wait list just like last time. The e-mail says they expect the list to move quickly so maybe there still a bit of hope? Anyways, good luck to you all! :luck:

Just got the call from Betty today! SO excited, FIU was my first choice! I've already accepted the seat (put my deposit down within seconds of getting the email). For those still waiting, don't lose hope, the list still moves!

PS. For those who want demographics, I'm out of state.

Just got the call from Betty today! SO excited, FIU was my first choice! I've already accepted the seat (put my deposit down within seconds of getting the email). For those still waiting, don't lose hope, the list still moves!

PS. For those who want demographics, I'm out of state.

Yay!! :) Grats! See you in August!

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm real pumped to meet everyone. Is there a facebook group or anything like that for students? Or a posting area for people looking for housing or roommates?

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm real pumped to meet everyone. Is there a facebook group or anything like that for students? Or a posting area for people looking for housing or roommates?

FB group. We've been talking a lot about housing/roomies of late. The group name is FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Class of 2015!!! (Not sure how many !s, but it's a few).

Congrats to FIU on receiving their Provisional Accreditation from the LCME today!!

Is there any hope at this time to be accepted here? They keep telling me that there is still a chance but...there is no movement....
Is anyone accepted still waiting to hear from other school(s)?

Is there any hope at this time to be accepted here? They keep telling me that there is still a chance but...there is no movement....
Is anyone accepted still waiting to hear from other school(s)?

I just gave up my spot today, and I'm sure that others like me are still waiting to hear from other schools, so there's still hope. (It was a really tough choice -- this is a great school!)

I just gave up my spot today, and I'm sure that others like me are still waiting to hear from other schools, so there's still hope. (It was a really tough choice -- this is a great school!)

thanks Spin! :) Wish you the best!

betty wont be in until tuesday.

It looks like this thread has died....or has moved on to facebook...Anyone recently accepted?? Still hoping for a miraculous call from Betty here( Handel's Messiah playing in the background) lol...:xf: maybe...maybe not?? Either way, Congratulations to all of you recently accepted!! and to the others still waiting like me...there is always hope, we still have a month left. Good luck everyone!

just out of curiosity, how many Alt-Accepts still remain at this point in the game? And has anyone heard anything?

just out of curiosity, how many Alt-Accepts still remain at this point in the game? And has anyone heard anything?

I'm still on the alt list,
but honestly at this point I almost hope I'm just rejected since I've put so much money on the apps for next cycle, not to mention the studying to retake the mcat.
it sux to have to wait this long..

Just as a bit of an update:

The last acceptance I heard about (via the FB page) was around June 28th. I do remember hearing (somewhere, no idea if it was reliable source) that there wasn't as much movement this year as they had expected.

However, sometimes there is very late movement (I remember Betty telling a story at interview day about someone accepted only 2 or 3 days before orientation). That is obviously not the norm, but, hey, who knows?

I wish those of you who are still waiting good luck, both in the wait list as well as with next cycle if you are applying again. :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.