-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview invite! Complete 9/16, II 9/21. Interview is on 11/23 - anyone else?
LOR received by AMCAS on 8/31
Complete 9/8
II 9/22
Interview is on 11/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NICE! I was just wondering what were your ECs? I have similar stats but got a "HOLD" haha
Good but not super good: Lots of volunteering with kids, a year of awesome research, about 100 hours of shadowing, a year abroad in Britain, etc. And I was very happy with my "Why George Washington?" essay on the Secondary.
LOR received by AMCAS on 8/31
Complete 9/8
II 9/22
Interview is on 11/23
Sweet! I will see you there 😀
Ditto, I know how you feel man. Good luck. I LOVE this school - hopefully they love me back.
So what's the consensus on the re-review/on hold status?
Did anyone who was offered an interview this year get put on this status first? For those unfortunate enough to get rejected, were you ever on this status?
it's not an automatic rejection. i've seen a good amount i believe on last year's thread get interviews from the rereview pool. also another poster said most students come from this pool. overall though, i feel that it's not a great position to be in, but you're not rejected. there is definitely a chance to get an interview later on.
So what's the consensus on the re-review/on hold status?
Did anyone who was offered an interview this year get put on this status first? For those unfortunate enough to get rejected, were you ever on this status?
Last season I was placed on hold in September and then received an interview in March. A lot of good it did me!
Hopefully I will be a bit more lucky this time around.
I was interviewed last year in early fall, and was placed on the waitlist and did not end up getting in. I applied again this year and will be interviewing soon. Does anyone know how many people from the waitlist last year are invited to interview again? Should I be excited about this, or is this customary?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Since I submitted my application (early Sep), I had a "waiting on MCAT scores" status, I received my scores last week and the status had not changed until today, then it went to the re-review/on hold status immediately...
I am currently on waiting on MCAT scores. Not trying to be rude or nosy but is it possible that you did bad? If you didn't and got over a 32 I would email and ask since it could be a mistake and they didn't actually review it. Mine come out next week and I'm scared this may happen to me. Oh the stress of this whole process I feel like I've aged dramatically over the last summer.
I am currently on waiting on MCAT scores. Not trying to be rude or nosy but is it possible that you did bad? If you didn't and got over a 32 I would email and ask since it could be a mistake and they didn't actually review it. Mine come out next week and I'm scared this may happen to me. Oh the stress of this whole process I feel like I've aged dramatically over the last summer.
I really dont think that a score over 32 guarantees you an invite. If there was a status change after a week it means they actually reviewed the application and decided to re-review it later.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I would like to know this. was just about to ask about this. Should we be sending in updates to GW??? My friend who is a GW med student year 2 said something about that to me. But i still need to call her and have her expand what she was talking about. But what is your all's thoughts???
Anyone??
I've emailed them two updates for my application file so far. I just used the
[email protected] address. They emailed me back a few days later saying the updates had been added to my file.
I really dont think that a score over 32 guarantees you an invite. If there was a status change after a week it means they actually reviewed the application and decided to re-review it later.
I was put on re-review with a 35Q. Lower GPA though
I just received notice that my application has been received. How long after that does it take to be "complete?"
Thanks!
Thanks!
I just received notice that my application has been received. How long after that does it take to be "complete?"
Thanks!
All my materials were received on 8/31 and got the complete email on 9/8
I really dont think that a score over 32 guarantees you an invite. If there was a status change after a week it means they actually reviewed the application and decided to re-review it later.
I didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to say if you got a good score maybe it was a system error given that it changed immediately. I have a feeling they set a cutoff cause they do review your app before the score and change its status. Just speculating - I would call to ask. Good luck.
I didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to say if you got a good score maybe it was a system error given that it changed immediately. I have a feeling they set a cutoff cause they do review your app before the score and change its status. Just speculating - I would call to ask. Good luck.
It changed after a week... I thought that is what the post said
Never mind then
GW is one of my top choices!
For those of you who have interviewed here or have received an interview invite, how long after you were complete did it take to get your invite?
Thanks!
For those of you who have interviewed here or have received an interview invite, how long after you were complete did it take to get your invite?
Thanks!
Four days. I was so impressed.For those of you who have interviewed here or have received an interview invite, how long after you were complete did it take to get your invite?
Four days. I was so impressed.
+1. If it's love at first sight they give it to you rightaway. If not you will be rereview later and that takes a little longer
I hope that's what they're going to say on my evaluation form. "A bit nervous at interview, but come on, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT."+1. If it's love at first sight they give it to you rightaway. If not you will be rereview later and that takes a little longer
Placed on hold also🙁 but not too surprised since my stats are on the lower side, atleast its better than a rejection!!👍 (which I got immediately last year!)
So I submitted my application in early august, but I checked my status and its still under review. I took the MCAT again in August and did better. I got my score two weeks ago, but is my application now at the bottom of the pile again? Help! I'm on the review list at all my schools
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GW is one of my top choices!
For those of you who have interviewed here or have received an interview invite, how long after you were complete did it take to get your invite?
Thanks!
Complete 7/27, invite 8/4. Hang in there. 🙂
Do we have any Oct 5 interviewers in the audience?
I am! 🙂. See you there
On our secondary, is it better to write GWU or GW?
On our secondary, is it better to write GWU or GW?
They refer to themselves as GW in a few different places on the website. It's what I used, and it hasn't set me back... I imagine they get both in equal numbers, regardless. Not something to worry too much about, I don't think.
🙂
& Veronica32... See you! Very best of luck!
How do they go about interviews and acceptances? Website, Email, or snail mail? I know some are still using snail mail for certain things.
How do they go about interviews and acceptances? Website, Email, or snail mail? I know some are still using snail mail for certain things.
Complete 7/27, invite 8/4. Hang in there. 🙂
Four days. I was so impressed.
Wow that is amazing! Congrats to you both! I will be complete this week and am hoping they love me as much as I love them.

Do you mind sharing your stats? You can PM if you'd like.
Hey fellow "re-review" applicants, I noticed earlier in the thread several posters stated that they didn't think pre-interview rejections of "hold" applicants would be made before January. Well, I don't want to freak anyone out, but the first mass rejection last year was actually sent out on October 19 (check out last year's thread, it was really a MASS rejection!) So get those updates and letters of interest in NOW, ASAP, so they have some time to process and really take note of what you submit. I just sent an update. GOOD LUCK!!!
Last edited:
Hey fellow "re-review" applicants, I noticed earlier in the thread several posters stated that they didn't think pre-interview rejections of "hold" applicants would be made before January. Well, I don't want to freak anyone out, but the first mass rejection was actually sent out on October 19 of last year (check out last year's thread, it was really a MASS rejection!) So get those updates and letters of interest in NOW, ASAP so they have some time to process and really take note of what you submit. I just sent an update. GOOD LUCK!!!
thanks for the heads up! didn't think the rejections would be coming so soon! just sent in my update yesterday...phew.hope it helps
. good luck to you!Hey fellow "re-review" applicants, I noticed earlier in the thread several posters stated that they didn't think pre-interview rejections of "hold" applicants would be made before January. Well, I don't want to freak anyone out, but the first mass rejection last year was actually sent out on October 19 (check out last year's thread, it was really a MASS rejection!) So get those updates and letters of interest in NOW, ASAP, so they have some time to process and really take note of what you submit. I just sent an update. GOOD LUCK!!!
Wow, I just checked out last year's thread. You weren't kidding. That was like a massacre. Scary... stuff of nightmares.
Placed on hold too. 🙁
Placed on hold too. 🙁
Sorry to hear that. When were you complete?
Complete 9/21, placed on hold.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent an email addressed to the Dean.
I just got my interview invite!!! Thank Goodness!!!😀😀😀
Were you ever on hold for re-review?
Just poured my heart out in an update letter, its kinda long (6 paragraphs) so I hope they read everything! I even was so bold to ask for an interview...hope I didn't screw myself!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.