2010-2011 Mayo Clinic Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My fee was received 7/19 and still nothiiiiiinnnnngggg.

Same here. But I am hopeful. Does anyone know when, or if there even is, an appropriate time to call the office of admissions and inquire about the status of your application after they have received the payment? Likwise, is there an appropriate time to contact the office after your file is in review but have not received an interview invite or rejection? I would not want to pester them, but I have heard the admission office at my state school say they want you to stay 'engaged' throughout the process. Thoughts, anyone?

I would not do anything "fake" with Mayo. e.g. Don't call the office just to appear interested. If you have actual concerns or questions, voice them. Otherwise, recognize that the admissions office at Mayo seriously reviews each application (and sometimes that means time delays) and gets back to you quickly enough.
 
Does Mayo only send interview invites out on Friday nights/Saturday early mornings?

Or will they be sent out pretty much any night of the week?
 
Does Mayo only send interview invites out on Friday nights/Saturday early mornings?

Or will they be sent out pretty much any night of the week?


Seems to me like there have been quite a few on the weekends, but I looked back today and there have been some on Tuesday and Wednesday too. So I am just planning to hold my breath all week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Asyouwereatrio, you're freakin' awesome. You constant words of encouragement are much appreciated, since I haven't heard back from Mayonnaise since 16/07 when they asked for my fee. No LOR request either 🙁


:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: ALL!
 
Asyouwereatrio, you're freakin' awesome. You constant words of encouragement are much appreciated, since I haven't heard back from Mayonnaise since 16/07 when they asked for my fee. No LOR request either 🙁


:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: ALL!

Haha you're very welcome! That's what I believe in...encouraging others when they're in need. Positive impact on other's lives...this is what medicine is all about.

Other than slicing and dicing "with a deli slicer" or being "pimple popper, MD"

I hope someone gets reference.
 
Secondary Received: 7/15
Secondary Submitted: 7/16
Rejected pre-letter request: 8/10
I'm kinda bummed, thought I would at least get a letter request. have a 37/4.0 stat wise. Since this is my only response from a school so far makes me kind of nervous that maybe there's something wrong with my app that I didn't think of and unfortunately they say in their e-mail they won't respond to questions until after may 15th =/ Hopefully I'll have better luck elsewhere. good luck to everyone else!
 
Secondary Received: 7/15
Secondary Submitted: 7/16
Rejected pre-letter request: 8/10
I'm kinda bummed, thought I would at least get a letter request. have a 37/4.0 stat wise. Since this is my only response from a school so far makes me kind of nervous that maybe there's something wrong with my app that I didn't think of and unfortunately they say in their e-mail they won't respond to questions until after may 15th =/ Hopefully I'll have better luck elsewhere. good luck to everyone else!

Hey ABe, don't fret about Mayo's rejection. As you look through the thread, a lot of people with your stats are rejected by mayo. They have a very unique "set of qualities" they look for. With your scores, you'll definitely get in somewhere!

Seriously, look through the thread..it'll definitely calm your nerves. A mayo rejection is nothing to worry about! 🙂
 
Fee Received 6/29
Rejected Pre-LOR Request 8/11
3.9 37N

I didn't really want to go to Mayo anyways.. Stupid School.. Lol
 
Last edited:
Fee Received 6/29
Rejected Pre-LOR Request 8/11
3.9 37N

I didn't really want to go to Mayo anyways.. Stupid School.. Lol
Hahaha a I wouldnt mind going to this stupid school ... In fact im on my knees begging to get in.
I am kinda happy I cant get rejected, not just yet lol My letters are not in yet until then i am chillin.
 
Hahaha a I wouldnt mind going to this stupid school ... In fact im on my knees begging to get in.
I am kinda happy I cant get rejected, not just yet lol My letters are not in yet until then i am chillin.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:I like the way you think 👍.

I only start to get really nervous when my file is complete!!
 
Rejected this morning.

Verified: 7/19
Fee Received: 7/21
No LOR request.
Rejected: 8/12
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected with the notorious 1:35am email 🙁

fee request 6/26
LOR request 7/3
complete 7/13
rejection 8/13
 
At a glance it seems like they download letters on a specific day every two weeks or so, and then spend around a day processing them? So after your letter request, it could be anything from a day to two weeks before they officially "receive" them.

It was right around a week and a half for me.
 
Mayo Secondary Recieved: June 26
Mayo Secondary Submitted: June 26
Mayo LOR Request: July 2
Mayo LOR Recieved: July 13
Rejected: August 13th, 2:35 am, ouch 🙁

Alas, our paths depart.
 
Mayo Secondary Recieved: June 26
Mayo Secondary Submitted: June 26
Mayo LOR Request: July 2
Mayo LOR Recieved: July 13
Rejected: August 13th, 2:35 am, ouch 🙁

Alas, our paths depart.

Good luck everywhere else!

Your application dates look like mine, so I am probably waiting for a rejection soon enough!..Maybe even tonight?!
 
Ugh. It seems like there have been about 5 people on this page who have been rejected almost exactly a month after their letters were received. One of the downfalls of SDN is constantly trying to identify patterns 🙁. My LOR were received on 7/15, so I am worried the bell will toll for me this weekend.
 
Ugh. It seems like there have been about 5 people on this page who have been rejected almost exactly a month after their letters were received. One of the downfalls of SDN is constantly trying to identify patterns 🙁. My LOR were received on 7/15, so I am worried the bell will toll for me this weekend.

No man is a rejection island, entirely rejected by himself, every man is a piece of the rejection system a part of the rejected whole. If a clod is washed out by the system, the system is clodless, as much as if a mountain of rejects were lost. Therefore post not to ask for whom the rejection comes, it cometh for thee.
 
No man is a rejection island, entirely rejected by himself, every man is a piece of the rejection system a part of the rejected whole. If a clod is washed out by the system, the system is clodless, as much as if a mountain of rejects were lost. Therefore post not to ask for whom the rejection comes, it cometh for thee.

hilarious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/15 Sunday 2:36am rejection email.

Seriously, it can't be a human. It's a robot that reviewed my application.
 
Anyone here go to Mayo now or know anything about whether or not student hosts are offered? Previous years' posts indicate they might be. I'm planning to fly over the weekend before the interview and would love to meet up with anyone willing to spare a few hours talking about the school. I didn't see much on the interview confirmation website other than a link to the "visiting Mayo" part of the clinic's main website--so not sure if any additional instructions are coming.

Good luck to everyone!
 
Anyone here go to Mayo now or know anything about whether or not student hosts are offered? Previous years' posts indicate they might be. I'm planning to fly over the weekend before the interview and would love to meet up with anyone willing to spare a few hours talking about the school. I didn't see much on the interview confirmation website other than a link to the "visiting Mayo" part of the clinic's main website--so not sure if any additional instructions are coming.

Good luck to everyone!

I emailed them and they said they would send us a separate email about student hosts soon. I just went ahead and booked a hotel just in case though.
 
I emailed them and they said they would send us a separate email about student hosts soon. I just went ahead and booked a hotel just in case though.


Hey everyone. Mayo does offer student housing and we are more than excited to host you. After your initial interview request, you will get a follow up letter with an e-mail address that you can e-mail if you are interested in having a student host. Hope that helps and hang in there!

And there isn't a robot that reviews applications at Mayo, they are actual human beings and they do a great job trying to get a class that works well together and brings a lot of different perspectives. Hang in there!
 
Thanks pharaoh. I called admissions but nobody answered so I left a message. According to google, it takes 17 minutes to get from Mayo to RST. Since it's a small airport I think it would be okay, esp with no checked bags.

To the guy asking about the flights out at night, this is a flight that leaves from RST straight to my home city which happens to be a hub for the airline so that might be why you can't find a flight.

Thanks for your help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine are not even in 🙁
well i cant get rejected anytime soon either 🙂

Stay strong - I was getting worried since in the past people were getting complete relatively quickly. I guess they're just running behind

Here's the e-mail I received:

Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,

Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file. Your application is in review and you will be notified as soon as the review is completed.

Sincerely,

Marcy Landswerk
Admissions
Mayo Medical School
[email protected]
 
Stay strong - I was getting worried since in the past people were getting complete relatively quickly. I guess they're just running behind

Here's the e-mail I received:

Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,

Thank you for your continued interest in Mayo Medical School and for your patience with the application process. Your letters of reference have been received and attached to your AMCAS file. Your application is in review and you will be notified as soon as the review is completed.

Sincerely,

Marcy Landswerk
Admissions
Mayo Medical School
[email protected]


I received the same email this morning and had my letters requested almost two weeks ago. Hurrah for moving onward!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.