You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Mayo Clinic Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just uploaded my letters yesterday... Mayo downloaded them today and I got a confirmation email. That was super quick. Maybe im special😛 haha.
Cmon mayo, interview me!
You got lucky. I uploaded my letters on 7/14 and I got downloaded in the same batch that you did.
You got lucky. I uploaded my letters on 7/14 and I got downloaded in the same batch that you did.
oh lol. Guess i got it in right before the batch! Sweet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finally got a letter request. Too bad I won't have them until September because of my committee.
So excited! Just got a letter request bout half an hour ago. Payment on 7/7. Was a bit worried I wasn't going to get anything after all that time.
Congratulations to you both! 👍
Welcome to the club of waiting, oh so patiently, for that elusive interview invite.

Letter request also!! Really didnt think this would happen 🙂
I finally got a letter request. Too bad I won't have them until September because of my committee.
So I'm just about to submit my application, but I've read some conflicting stuff about Mayo accepting international students. Even though I'm Canadian and graduated from a Canadian university, I'm still eligible for Mayo, right?
Thanks!
- insert joke comparing minnesota to canada -
More honestly, their website is helpful for these sorts of things:
"International Students
International students must meet all current MMS admissions criteria to be considered for acceptance. International students must complete a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. International students must complete the final two years and all prerequisite courses for admissions at the institution from which their undergraduate degree is granted."
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember a bit about invites being extended during "late July" on this webpage earlier:
http://www.mayo.edu/mms/md-application-process.html
But it's not there anymore. So, for all of us waiting after the LOR requests, may this mean we have a bit longer to wait? Best of luck to all.
http://www.mayo.edu/mms/md-application-process.html
But it's not there anymore. So, for all of us waiting after the LOR requests, may this mean we have a bit longer to wait? Best of luck to all.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember a bit about invites being extended during "late July" on this webpage earlier:
http://www.mayo.edu/mms/md-application-process.html
But it's not there anymore. So, for all of us waiting after the LOR requests, may this mean we have a bit longer to wait? Best of luck to all.
It's still there under "Letters of Recommendation Policy" 🙂
"Invitations to attend onsite interviews will be sent beginning in late July; and all onsite interviews will be completed by mid-December."
🙂
Glad to know that!!! Mayo I am socially competent pick me me me🙂We have had orientation this entire week, so it's been quite relaxed. Most of the time is spent learning about Mayo and hanging out with each other. A lot of fun and very little work🙂! The class seems to be getting along quite well and we are already having a great time. Mayo definitely picks a lot of socially-competent, fun people😉.
Good luck all!
I have a tiny bit of hope then ... payment received 7/8 and still waitingCongratulations to you both! 👍
Welcome to the club of waiting, oh so patiently, for that elusive interview invite.![]()
- insert joke comparing minnesota to canada -
Lol - thanks for the confirmation on what I pretty much thought for sure! Now just waiting to be verified....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a letter request this morning. I would love to have a chance to interview at MMS.
Congrats!
rejected this morning. 34R/4.0 medium amount of research, no pubs. a little surprised i didn't even get a letter request but w/e.
Sorry to hear ap! I've heard Mayo is unique in their application review. But with those numbers, I'm sure adcoms will snatch you up somewhere 🙂
Im getting worried..... I need an answer to move onrejected this morning. 34R/4.0 medium amount of research, no pubs. a little surprised i didn't even get a letter request but w/e.
think we are hearing about potential interview invites on friday?
I could be paranoid, but all of my Mayo emails (n=2, so who knows?) were sent at 1:33 AM on Fridays (6/25 fee, 7/2 LOR req).
Both of my emails were at 1:33 am also. One on a Friday(Saturday) and one last night/this morning (Wednesday).
1 of mine was 2:33am (EST) and the other was around noon... so I dunno lol
I have a question. Mayo sent me the "fee received" email on 6/29. They haven't asked for LOR's yet, and they haven't rejected me yet. Is this a bad sign or a good sign? Should I send them an email asking for my status or sit tight and be patient? I feel like something should have happened by now considering how early I submitted everything.
Thanks!
Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. Fee received 7/6. I'm expecting a rejection sometime soon as it's now been over three weeks.... but well, I at least can still consider myself in the running until I hear otherwise. If you do call, let us know what they say.I have a question. Mayo sent me the "fee received" email on 6/29. They haven't asked for LOR's yet, and they haven't rejected me yet. Is this a bad sign or a good sign? Should I send them an email asking for my status or sit tight and be patient? I feel like something should have happened by now considering how early I submitted everything.
Thanks!
If you guys look at last years thread it seems all of the emails (besides the fee received one which is probably automatic) came at around 1:30 central time. Seeing as we should start hearing about interviews near the end of july I am guessing any day now.
Mayo sent me an email today saying they received letters from AMCAS (they requested letters about a week - ten days ago)and they will continue reviewing it.
What does that mean?Does it mean I am neither rejected nor invited to an interview yet?Or is it just a courtesy email?
What does that mean?Does it mean I am neither rejected nor invited to an interview yet?Or is it just a courtesy email?
Mayo sent me an email today saying they received letters from AMCAS (they requested letters about a week - ten days ago)and they will continue reviewing it.
What does that mean?Does it mean I am neither rejected nor invited to an interview yet?Or is it just a courtesy email?
I got the same email today. I'm pretty sure it just means they have finally gotten all of our letters and will now start looking at our apps to decide if they wana interview us.
I got my letters uploaded yesterday too. Does anyone know how soon after getting letters that they give u a response? Im guessing applying this early is a good thing and all and I hope and pray I get a chance to interview here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview invite! 9/13!
wow congrats!! when were u complete and when did they download ur letters?interview invite! 9/13!
Thanks!
Fee Request 6/26
LOR Request 7/2
LOR Received 7/7
Interview Invite 7/31
Fee Request 6/26
LOR Request 7/2
LOR Received 7/7
Interview Invite 7/31
hopefulMD1, first of all, congrats on the interview invite. Secondly, was your interview invite by email and was it time stamped 1:33AM central time like the other Mayo emails?
interview invite! 9/13!
That's huge! Congratulations hopeful! 👍
Glad to see the invites have begun... Here's to hoping and waiting!

LOR Request 07/31!
I received the Fee Request 07/01 so I actually thought the e-mail was going to be a rejection. For anyone else that's been waiting that long, there's still hope!
Congratulations on the interview invite hopefulMD, and good luck everyone!
I received the Fee Request 07/01 so I actually thought the e-mail was going to be a rejection. For anyone else that's been waiting that long, there's still hope!
Congratulations on the interview invite hopefulMD, and good luck everyone!
And the interview invites begin! If any of you have questions, feel free to PM me. And congratulations!
hopefulMD1, first of all, congrats on the interview invite. Secondly, was your interview invite by email and was it time stamped 1:33AM central time like the other Mayo emails?
yes... e-mail at 1:35AM
Thanks! and good luck to you all! 🙂
Interview Invite!!!! I can't believe it!
Interview Invite!!!! I can't believe it!
Congratulations!! I'm still waiting for the "we received your letters" email 🙂
Interview Invite!!!! I can't believe it!
Congratulations to those with interviews! That is awesome! MedVed, when were you complete?
Good luck to eeveryone with interviews, if they want to see you, there is clearly something valuable in your application!
Ya, I'm now sitting here waiting for my rejection or "lack of an interview invitation"....
Ya, I'm now sitting here waiting for my rejection or "lack of an interview invitation"....
I pretty much followed hopefulMD's same timeline:
Fee Request 6/26
LOR Request 7/2
LOR Received 7/6
Interview Invite 7/31
Good luck to all!!
Fee Request 6/26
LOR Request 7/2
LOR Received 7/6
Interview Invite 7/31
Good luck to all!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i applied regular md and we didnt receive any kind of ratings sheet.
+1
AWESOMENESSSS good luckinterview invite! 9/13!
Got an email saying they received my letters today.. reallly crossing my fingers for a chance at an interview here! 

finally got a letter request but my school committee is the slowest ever... not really ... but people getting interview is freaking me outGot an email saying they received my letters today.. reallly crossing my fingers for a chance at an interview here!![]()
- Status
- Not open for further replies.