-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I received 4 "your file is complete messages" before I finally got one of the real statuses. Not something to be too worried about IMO 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been complete since 7/30...not any of the four status that people seem to get almost immediately. Is that a rejection?
I was like that for awhile Lokhtar. I ended up getting a "Further" message. I believe other people got that or the "May" message. Just wanted to give you some insight. But in the end don't take my word for it. Maybe you can call them?
I've been complete since 7/30...not any of the four status that people seem to get almost immediately. Is that a rejection?
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been complete since 7/28 with no status updates. 🙁
Well after I didn't get in off the waitlist, they told me I needed more shadowing experience. My application actually changed a bit when I applied again 2nd cycle - I shadowed a physician over the summer (one that wrote a rec for me) and then during the fall (last school year) I did an SMP and got my M.S. in cell & molec bio, over 100 hrs of volunteering in a local hospital (lots of hands on) and working part time in clinical research. I would say that's improvement. Yet still no interview last year, though I was kind of told I should apply after I finish grad school and not so much during. Maybe since I've finished, my chances are better this year![]()
Wow, Autumn, I've had a remarkably similar experience. Maybe VCU really doesn't like reapplicants. I hope things improve for you this time around, and for me next time!
hey guys i have a question. i applied here and they sent me an email saying they received my amcas and that i can check my status on the page in the email. but appearantly you have to sign in with a pin... they didnt give me a pin in my email but did ask me to go to this page... did you guys have this issue too? do you not receive a pin until you're invited to fill out a secondary? thanks!
hey guys i have a question. i applied here and they sent me an email saying they received my amcas and that i can check my status on the page in the email. but appearantly you have to sign in with a pin... they didnt give me a pin in my email but did ask me to go to this page... did you guys have this issue too? do you not receive a pin until you're invited to fill out a secondary? thanks!
The pin is your birthdate MMDDYYYY
The pin is your birthdate MMDDYYYY
awesome thank you!
I keep getting emails that my status has changed within the last 48 hours. I check my status and it is exactly the same. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah, that happened to me a few weeks ago-- I received an email but nothing had changed. But in only happened once.
On another note, I just received the "further" status. Fingers crossed that it turns into an interview!
hey! i just got my secondary! and i'm from ny and i dont really know about the hospitals we have to choose between. can anyone offer some insight? i saw there was a sentence about them before regarding rural or not and i guess its not a big deal but i need help deciding! i guess putting the either or choice is a good bet!
Has anyone gotten the "very interested" status this year?
But I just got it today after having the comprehensive review status for damn near 6 weeks. It's funny, I was going to call this week, too, just to make sure my app hadn't gotten lost or something.
But the general consensus is that the "very interested" status almost always leads to an interview, right? If so, I am so pumped! First (almost? maybe?) invite.
I just got this status... anyone know what it means?
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
I just got this status update "Your file is complete, and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for further decison." haha just noticed they spelled decision wrong. Is this bad? I thought I had been complete since 8/3. Not sure how this is a change in status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got this status... anyone know what it means?
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
yeah samurai, basically it's kinda like being pooled. i got the same message. basically they like you; however, you may or may not get an interview.
I just got this status update "Your file is complete, and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for further decison." haha just noticed they spelled decision wrong. Is this bad? I thought I had been complete since 8/3. Not sure how this is a change in status?
ha it is what it is. you're complete. they're going to review it. just going to have to wait awhile to get a response.
I just got this status... anyone know what it means?
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
Had this before I got an interview.
Just got the "may" status. 3.8/ 33S OOS
Just got the "may" status. 3.8/ 33S OOS
that's pretty good. nice.
D
deleted248403
I got an interview offer 13 days after getting the "may" response.
OOS too
OOS too
"Your file is complete, and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for further decison." status change today. Was complete on 8/3/10. Hmmmm...I don't know how to feel about this.
Same here and I am confused like many of you. Haven't I been complete all this time?
The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are unable to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail in March.
Anyone know if this is generally a good sign?
3.73/33Q OOS
Anyone know if this is generally a good sign?
3.73/33Q OOS
The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are unable to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail in March.
Anyone know if this is generally a good sign?
3.73/33Q OOS
When were you complete?
According to most, may is better than further, but people got interviews from both status.I was just wondering what the difference is between the "may" and "further" status' and which is better?😕
D
deleted248403
I dont think there is much diff between "may" and "further". Nor can anyone tell this early on - if someone wants to keep tabs then that would be more helpful.
As I said, I got "may" and got an interview - so for me, it was good
As I said, I got "may" and got an interview - so for me, it was good
When were you complete?
I think I was complete 8/24, or at least that was the last "status change" that was in my e-mail inbox. I haven't started keeping my e-mails until recently.
To those that got an interview off of the "may" e-mail...how long did you have to wait until you heard?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have you all been getting these notices via email or through the status check online?
D
deleted248403
affable - read back in the thread. This is all mentioned on this page or the page before. I wrote a related post to your first question like 5 posts before u asked it.
upennugrad - u get an email telling you to check the website for an update
upennugrad - u get an email telling you to check the website for an update
sorry i keep asking so many questions but i noticed a few oos people get interviews! congrats btw! that is awesome! im just curious about how long your little essays about why vcu were? i have about 250 words and i think it gets my point across but i'm afraid its too short...
D
deleted248403
I did 350 words
sorry i keep asking so many questions but i noticed a few oos people get interviews! congrats btw! that is awesome! im just curious about how long your little essays about why vcu were? i have about 250 words and i think it gets my point across but i'm afraid its too short...
Mine was proably like 200, say what you need to say, no more, no less.
I keep getting an update from VCU, but nothing seems to be changing.
Mine was proably like 200, say what you need to say, no more, no less.
214 to be exact. Like Dmann said, longer is not always better. I would say mine was strong at 214. Good luck! 😛
sorry i keep asking so many questions but i noticed a few oos people get interviews! congrats btw! that is awesome! im just curious about how long your little essays about why vcu were? i have about 250 words and i think it gets my point across but i'm afraid its too short...
400ish.
I've had the may status for three weeks already. Please interview me, VCU! So much waiting.
for those of you who have gotten interviews, when were you complete? i've been complete since aug. 17 and i still haven't heard anything...
for those of you who have gotten interviews, when were you complete? i've been complete since aug. 17 and i still haven't heard anything...
i've been complete since 7/28 and haven't heard anything......
Same here. I know your pain! Maybe we'll both get some good news soon... then I can stop checking my email so often 🙂I've had the may status for three weeks already. Please interview me, VCU! So much waiting.
I've had the may status for three weeks already. Please interview me, VCU! So much waiting.
I've had that status since 8/8 and am still waiting... i know how bad it sucks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've had the 'very' status since 8/12 and haven't heard anything since. It seems like they haven't sent out interviews in a while.
I've had the 'very' status since 8/12 and haven't heard anything since. It seems like they haven't sent out interviews in a while.
I'm ok with that.. at least it means I don't feel like I'm constantly getting passed over.
My application was complete as of this weekend, and I got a rejection today. Man, they really must not like me - but then, why bother with a secondary?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
