2011-2012 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't received it yet..

Maybe they're sending out the e-mails based on when you were verified? I was verified on 6/16.

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted my secondary. Anybody receive a "we have received your secondary" or "your application is complete" email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my secondary. Anybody receive a "we have received your secondary" or "your application is complete" email yet?

Nope, the only thing I got was notification of payment.

This is what it says:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.
We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

No essays if you are a standard run-of-the-mill first time applicant. I had to do ~3 essays.

Same here. Explaining 5 failed classes and 5 withdrawals in one year was no fun, but I'm glad they let me explain.

has anyone who was verified in mid June not yet received their secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's possible that they do it in batches. I am committed to just being patient. AE doesn't seem to like students pushing the process.

Anyone knows how to check status after submitting the secondary?

I logged back into the secondary website, it makes you go to the payment page again.

My credit card activity shows AECOM. so I am sure my secondary has been submitted.

Anyone knows how to check status after submitting the secondary?

I logged back into the secondary website, it makes you go to the payment page again.

My credit card activity shows AECOM. so I am sure my secondary has been submitted.

The "App Complete" email says:

"If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder."

Does anyone know what's up with their letter requirements? It says they want a letter from my post-bacc advisor. The problem is, I don't have an advisor!

I tried emailing admissions about this last week and they haven't responded. Are they receptive to email?

So has anyone gotten a secondary since the first batch was sent out? I'm thinking about sending off a succinct email to ask...

Yeah...I am definitely just going to wait after the whole shredder fiasco.

Received this morning and was verified mid-June.

Received this morning. Have everything set to go, but I'm going to sit on it until tomorrow and then read everything through before I submit it.

Does anyone know if "I have taken time off during my undergraduate years " applies to post-bacc, or specifically while pursuing a degree?

thanks, i thought they wanted a "50 word" statement on if you've taken time off though -- just making sure it was actually 50 words b/c that seems way too short.

thanks, i thought they wanted a "50 word" statement on if you've taken time off though -- just making sure it was actually 50 words b/c that seems way too short.

Oops, sorry I was assuming you were a traditional applicant. Here's what the secondary says if the following applies to you:

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school
(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.) (Limit: 100 Words)

So I'm really interested in AECOM, but just noticed that they require the 2 LOR's to be from faculty in different science departments. Mine are both from faculty in the same department, but I have 3 additional letters from people I've worked with. Not sure what to do at this point...

So I'm really interested in AECOM, but just noticed that they require the 2 LOR's to be from faculty in different science departments. Mine are both from faculty in the same department, but I have 3 additional letters from people I've worked with. Not sure what to do at this point...

Call them?

Oops, sorry I was assuming you were a traditional applicant. Here's what the secondary says if the following applies to you:

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school
(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.) (Limit: 100 Words)

or, if you graduated before this last spring, these may apply to you (both 100 word limits)

I have taken time off during my undergraduate years
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.)

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.)

sorry i think i'm being a noob again, but how do i get a 125 x 160 px picture after cropping? I only have picasa, paint, and windows photo gallery or whatever.

i mean, i think that is a 4x5 picture? but i can't seem to designate the actual pixelage in picasa :(

oh, and 1 more question (sorry guys). if i have a premed committee letter packet that already has my additional letters in it (from employers) then should i pick both the committee letter part AND the additional letters part? i just want to make sure i don't have to have checks next to each letter writer in order to get "complete" cuz it might be confusing if my additional letters are already part of the packet? i must get really confused around this time of night sorry :(

i mean, i think that is a 4x5 picture? but i can't seem to designate the actual pixelage in picasa :(

It's much smaller than 4x5. Use paint. Go to properties and set size to XX pixels by XX pixels.

It's much smaller than 4x5. Use paint. Go to properties and set size to XX pixels by XX pixels.

I would resize the canvas or crop first. If you just rescale using pixels from the original imagine it could come out distorted.

I would resize the canvas or crop first. If you just rescale using pixels from the original imagine it could come out distorted.

Tip for MSTP applicants: When you enter in pubs, posters, etc., every new line you create makes a numbered list after submission. So I entered city, institution, etc., and it lined it up as a poster itself. Hopefully they won't care because I didn't see any instructions for this.

Damn I have to re-take my MCAT on Aug 6 & planning to submit my app like the week after ... am I out of the game?

Hey guys, a second year at Einstein just wanting to wish everyone good luck this application cycle. If you have any questions about einstein please feel free to pm me - as i don't always check this board. I love it here! :love:

I'm also just stopping in to wish everyone luck. Being fresh out of last year's cycle, I know all too well how stressful this process can be. Hang in there!

I'm an incoming first year, and am super excited to be going to Einstein next month. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can. I don't live in the area yet, and won't be starting classes until mid-August, so any questions about life at Einstein are obviously much better addressed to Zebalong (s/he was a huge help last year). Feel free to ask me anything or PM me regarding the application and interview process at Einstein or in general. Good luck.

hey guys!

i sent in all my stuff on 7/15 but i still haven't received that app complete email..those of you who have received it: how long did it take you to get the email after you submitted all your materials? thank you!!

hey guys!

i sent in all my stuff on 7/15 but i still haven't received that app complete email..those of you who have received it: how long did it take you to get the email after you submitted all your materials? thank you!!

3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.