2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For April interviewees who didn't hear anything back yet, how did you guys think your interview went?
I interviewed in late April and my interview was honestly terrible. Everyone was saying it was gonna be relaxed but my interviewer showed up 5 min late, asked me 2 "normal" questions and 2-3 very off-topic questions, let me ask two questions, and then cut me off and hung up the zoom. Total time, 25 minutes out of the hour it was supposed to take.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in late April and my interview was honestly terrible. Everyone was saying it was gonna be relaxed but my interviewer showed up 5 min late, asked me 2 "normal" questions and 2-3 very off-topic questions, let me ask two questions, and then cut me off and hung up the zoom. Total time, 25 minutes out of the hour it was supposed to take.
I would report that if Einstein is a top choice for you. I think the interview should be 45 minutes at the very least.

I would report that if Einstein is a top choice for you. I think the interview should be 45 minutes at the very least.
Yeah, but whose word are they gonna believe, me or an established, well-respected faculty member? I also would hesitate just in case it affected my chances at this point.

Also, forgot to mention - they had people moving in and out of the camera feed constantly, which was also super confusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who got accepted this morning off the HPWL hear anything about their financial aid package?
Nope, I'm doing the questionnaire now.
I just got an email saying they'll notify us of any scholarships by May 24th

Reactions: 1 user
feeling very convinced that they forgot about my app

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The housing email today said they sent out ~100 new applications.
Given that AECOM had like a 53% yield in 2019, there should be another ~100 acceptances from now until the start of classes. Don't lose hope!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Given that AECOM had like a 53% yield in 2019, there should be another ~100 acceptances from now until the start of classes. Don't lose hope!
thanks for this!

Reactions: 1 users
A this morning! HPWL, and got the "still interested" email. Interviewed mid-February.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
A this morning!
Interview March 15
"Rolling Admissions" April 5
"Rolling Admissions Follow-up" May 3

Congrats everyone on your acceptances! What was the deadline you were given to respond?

Congrats everyone on your acceptances! What was the deadline you were given to respond?
Based on Einstein’s website, acceptances given after April 30th, have 5 business days to respond. If someone could confirm this, that’d be great!

Based on Einstein’s website, acceptances given after April 30th, have 5 business days to respond. If someone could confirm this, that’d be great!
I am not sure if it is business days; it might just be days. My acceptance was this morning and it says I have "5 days from now" and it's due Monday May 24

Has anyone else gotten a scholarship offer?
I only received an email saying they'll notify me by May 24th if I qualify for one.

what do new housing applications mean? does that mean 100 people have planned to enroll so far?

Hey everyone. I know that this has been clarified a million times, but I just wanted to make sure for my neurotic brain. I just got a rolling admissions email - is this their version of the high priority waitlist? Just confused because nowhere in the rolling admissions email does it say the word waitlist but on the website, the options are to accept/decline your option on the waitlist.

Also, for any people who got off rolling admissions, what was the time period between Dean Kerrigan's "still interested" emails and your rolling admissions? Also, did you send a LOI?

Rolling admissions (HPWL) email a short while ago!

Early April interview, IS status. I was given until May 28 to respond (so perhaps a wave of A’s will occur in early June)

• Love

Early April interview, IS status. I was given until May 28 to respond (so perhaps a wave of A’s will occur in early June)
Congrats!🎉

• Love

Did you get an April or May Update email before this?

so how many people here are still waiting for an initial decision (received march/april/may update or like no correspondence)

Reactions: 11 users
so how many people here are still waiting for an initial decision (received march/april/may update or like no correspondence)
I received the May update, but I'm still confused if the updates are a good or bad indication of receiving an acceptance

I got an email about a background check yesterday when the report was released two months ago. Do I have to send it specifically to Einstein? It doesn’t look like an option...

I received the May update, but I'm still confused if the updates are a good or bad indication of receiving an acceptance
i feel like at this point theyre bad cause they're only accepting off HPWL it looks like :/ seeing how many of us are there i have very low hopes lol

i feel like at this point theyre bad cause they're only accepting off HPWL it looks like :/ seeing how many of us are there i have very low hopes lol
True, I had low hopes for Einstein to begin with just due to my stats and OOS status. But, I just don't know where the ambiguous update emails fit in the hierarchy of A > HPLW > WL > R.

Hey everyone. I know that this has been clarified a million times, but I just wanted to make sure for my neurotic brain. I just got a rolling admissions email - is this their version of the high priority waitlist? Just confused because nowhere in the rolling admissions email does it say the word waitlist but on the website, the options are to accept/decline your option on the waitlist.

Also, for any people who got off rolling admissions, what was the time period between Dean Kerrigan's "still interested" emails and your rolling admissions? Also, did you send a LOI?
Yes, as far as we can tell, the Rolling Admissions email is the unofficial HPWL, and has different language than the regular WL email which specifically states waitlist in the email.

I got the HPWL email at the beginning of May and sent a LOI in response.

Yes, as far as we can tell, the Rolling Admissions email is the unofficial HPWL, and has different language than the regular WL email which specifically states waitlist in the email.

I got the HPWL email at the beginning of May and sent a LOI in response.
How long are people Typically making their LOIs? I don’t have any updates since my last letter so trying to gauge.

How long are people Typically making their LOIs? I don’t have any updates since my last letter so trying to gauge.
A few paragraphs should suffice, a page at most; I focused on specific reasons for why I wanted to go to Einstein as I also did not have substantial updates to offer

A few paragraphs should suffice, a page at most; I focused on specific reasons for why I wanted to go to Einstein as I also did not have substantial updates to offer
thanks, I appreciate it

I got an email about a background check yesterday when the report was released two months ago. Do I have to send it specifically to Einstein? It doesn’t look like an option...
I was in the same situation, it should go through in a few days. If you're nervous, email Einstein to give them a heads up what's going on

Just got the “still interested” email a few minutes ago!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users