-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letters recieved. complete. now i wait
Good luck man! I'm still deciding where else OOS to apply.
letters recieved. complete. now i wait
Did you do anything about those letters or did you just have to wait?
It's also saying that they haven't received my payment for my secondary but I paid though Paypal on the 27th.
Did you do anything about those letters or did you just have to wait?
It's also saying that they haven't received my payment for my secondary but I paid though Paypal on the 27th.
I waited. It took them like 2-3 days to get my payment through. Then a week to get my letters read
I waited. It took them like 2-3 days to get my payment through. Then a week to get my letters read
I'll wait a bit then. I paid a week ago so that's annoying but whatever.
I'll wait a bit then. I paid a week ago so that's annoying but whatever.
Do you have your email from the payment?
Do you have your email from the payment?
No, I never received an email concerning payment but it's showing up on my credit card statement.
Edit: Nvm, I do have the email. I had filed it under the wrong folder.
Last edited:
No, I never received an email concerning payment but it's showing up on my credit card statement.
Edit: Nvm, I do have the email. I had filed it under the wrong folder.
give em a call if it doesnt show up by friday
Anybody's status read:
"Baylor College of Medicine interviews from September through February."
I'm assuming my app is complete?
yup yup mine starting reading that today. so i assumed they finally got my ketters
Anybody's status read:
"Baylor College of Medicine interviews from September through February."
I'm assuming my app is complete?
My status is the same as this also. Does anyone know when Baylor typically send out interview invites for in state applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status is the same as this also. Does anyone know when Baylor typically send out interview invites for in state applicants?
It seemed the earliest interview last year was Sept 3rd? invite on the 8th og august?
I don't know when they start sending interview invites, but as others have said the interviews generally begin in September. You can take a look at last year's application thread to kind of get a timeline for when various things happened last year.Does anyone know when BCM historically notifies applicants of interviews?? I am anxiously waiting 🙂!!
Thanks so much- I didn't realize there was a supplemental for Baylor as well.. when will it end?!!
Complete here. It looks like I had a successful night of schools getting/posting all of my stuff.
For the ".Special Experiences" question,. do you folks think it would be appropriate to discuss the undiagnosed/untreated Celiac disease I had growing up? It was misdiagnosed many times before being properly diagnosed in my 20's. My diagnosis and ensuing improved health were a big "why medicine?" inspiration, but I don't know if it's what Baylor's driving at with the prompt...
For the ".Special Experiences" question,. do you folks think it would be appropriate to discuss the undiagnosed/untreated Celiac disease I had growing up? It was misdiagnosed many times before being properly diagnosed in my 20's. My diagnosis and ensuing improved health were a big "why medicine?" inspiration, but I don't know if it's what Baylor's driving at with the prompt...
Did you write about it in your personal statement? If not, it seems like a perfect topic.
Did you write about it in your personal statement? If not, it seems like a perfect topic.
I briefly touched on it, but I can expand on it a lot, and tell about "conquering" it.
I briefly touched on it, but I can expand on it a lot, and tell about "conquering" it.
Go for it then. Just don't waste their time by telling then things they have (hopefully) already read.
so i can start on baylor's secondary even though i havent gotten their email yet? my primary was just verified today
so i can start on baylor's secondary even though i havent gotten their email yet? my primary was just verified today
Yes, I submitted my secondary before my primary was verified.
Hey guys, I have a quick mcat question about Baylor.
I am very interested in the school and I am a Texas resident with a 3.8 gpa from a top 20 university. What kind of MCAT score do I need to be competitive for Baylor number wise?
Thanks for the help and GL on the application process. 🙂
I am very interested in the school and I am a Texas resident with a 3.8 gpa from a top 20 university. What kind of MCAT score do I need to be competitive for Baylor number wise?
Thanks for the help and GL on the application process. 🙂
Hey guys, I have a quick mcat question about Baylor.
I am very interested in the school and I am a Texas resident with a 3.8 gpa from a top 20 university. What kind of MCAT score do I need to be competitive for Baylor number wise?
Thanks for the help and GL on the application process. 🙂
The average score from fall 2010 entering class was around 33-35 AFAI can remember. Some lower some higher. but the average was pretty consistent with people with 33,34,35's
So a 33-34 would make me competitive, thanks, that is what I am going to shoot for 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the special experiences essay somewhat of an option special circumstances sort of thing?
Or is it something they are really looking for everyone to answer fully?
Thanks
Or is it something they are really looking for everyone to answer fully?
Thanks
Is the special experiences essay somewhat of an option special circumstances sort of thing?
Or is it something they are really looking for everyone to answer fully?
Thanks
I wrote 2 sentences of a post-amcas submission update
Keep in mind that if 33-34 is our average, then by definition roughly half of our class is filled with students who had a score lower than that; likewise, we reject a lot of students with those kinds of numbers every year. So don't think you have no hope if your score is lower--and don't think you're a shoe-in if it's higher!So a 33-34 would make me competitive, thanks, that is what I am going to shoot for 🙂
Keep in mind that if 33-34 is our average, then by definition roughly half of our class is filled with students who had a score lower than that; likewise, we reject a lot of students with those kinds of numbers every year. So don't think you have no hope if your score is lower--and don't think you're a shoe-in if it's higher!
What about OOSers?
Keep in mind that if 33-34 is our average, then by definition roughly half of our class is filled with students who had a score lower than that; likewise, we reject a lot of students with those kinds of numbers every year. So don't think you have no hope if your score is lower--and don't think you're a shoe-in if it's higher!
hahahaha I'd consider it an accomplishment just to get an interview.
So, for our SAT score, do they want it out of 1600 or 2400?? 😕
So, for our SAT score, do they want it out of 1600 or 2400?? 😕
I felt the urge to lie just for the sake of lying.
I didn't though, unfortunately.
WTF? Why is Baylor requiring SAT scores? Are you guys joking?
WTF? Why is Baylor requiring SAT scores? Are you guys joking?
This is not that unusual. Jefferson asks for SAT/ACT scores in its secondary application. All public med schools in TX ask for it on the primary application.
I assumed they meant out of 2400, since people in this cycle generally took it once it was out of 2400.
I took it in 2004 when it was out of 1600. I'm 24, which is very much in the normal age range of applicants. I just put down what I got.

I took it in 2004 when it was out of 1600. I'm 24, which is very much in the normal age range of applicants. I just put down what I got.![]()
So put down what you have. It shouldn't be that hard for them to figure out what your score is out of. End the angst!
So put down what you have. It shouldn't be that hard for them to figure out what your score is out of. End the angst!
I called and they said that they want the most recent score, and to include the writing if we have it (out of 2400).
Last edited:
Complete... I just sent my money (snail mail) this Monday. Very quick turn around.👍
Just got a new status update saying that I was complete and under review by the committee. Still says that they interview from September to February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a new status update saying that I was complete and under review by the committee. Still says that they interview from September to February.
Same.
Wow I had no idea medical schools cared about sat scores. I guess they place very little emphasis on them.
Wow I had no idea medical schools cared about sat scores. I guess they place very little emphasis on them.
I don't think they actually use it for evaluation purposes. I'm guessing they're just looking for how high school standardized test scores correlate to the MCAT and performance in undergrad.
Mine too. They also added "You are eligible for interview consideration through February."
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
