2011-2012 Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine too. They also added "You are eligible for interview consideration through February."

Same.

Members don't see this ad.

does baylor only accept us citizens or do they have a history of accepting canadian citizens as well? and particularly for this 2011-2012 cycle are they accepting canadians?

i read on a premed101 thread that they do accept canadians but I cant seem to find this on the baylor website- can anyone please confirm?

thank you!!

does baylor only accept us citizens or do they have a history of accepting canadian citizens as well? and particularly for this 2011-2012 cycle are they accepting canadians?

i read on a premed101 thread that they do accept canadians but I cant seem to find this on the baylor website- can anyone please confirm?

thank you!!

They did not ask for proof of US citizenship on the application if that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)

thank you!!

Per MSAR, Baylor do accept international student.

I have a big picture question that I'm not sure anyone (except maybe a Baylor adcom) would know the answer to. Are Texas residents only competing with one another or with OOS applicants as well and vice versa? And if so is there a certain amount of inflation of average stats due to the ~30% acceptance of OOS'ers? Maybe this is a really big noob question....

Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! My main piece of advice for interviews - just be yourself. Many applicants have said BCM was their most laidback interview, so please relax and let your personality come through - you wouldn't have gotten an interview unless your GPA/MCAT, extracurriculars, PS, rec letters, etc. already impressed the committee. :)

Any idea how long it takes Baylor to down load AMCAS. I was verified 7-13. I know it hasn't really been that long but just curious.

I submitted mine first day, got a secondary "invite" the 27th. so 10 days. although i finished the secondary before that.

I don't think they actually use it for evaluation purposes. I'm guessing they're just looking for how high school standardized test scores correlate to the MCAT and performance in undergrad.

I think its to help with their pre-admission programs. You'll notice that most of the schools with these programs (WashU, Rice/Baylor, etc.) require stats from HS. Its to make sure that the quality of the HS students they accept is comparable to the people they are accepting after college. I believe MU got rid of one of these programs in part b/c these numbers weren't matching up

Status now changed to complete and in review. No longer states "you are eligible for interview consideration through February." Now states directly "Please email Admissions Office" with a link. I assume this is just if you have a question to ask them.

Status now changed to complete and in review. No longer states "you are eligible for interview consideration through February." Now states directly "Please email Admissions Office" with a link. I assume this is just if you have a question to ask them.

mine still says this

Your application is complete and has been reviewed by the committee.
We will let you know something as soon as we are able.

Baylor College of Medicine interviews from September through February.
You are eligible for interview consideration through February.

:?

I have no clue why my status was changed lol.. Kinda weird but prolly nothing I guess

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a little tidbit about status changes lasy year: if it somehow goes to an error message, something like status not supported and contact the admissions office, chances are an interview invite is on its way in a few days...unless of course things have changed since then :)

Hmm mine got changed too. It now says "Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee. We will let you know as soon as further information is available. Please email the Admissions Office."

Hmm mine got changed too. It now says "Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee. We will let you know as soon as further information is available. Please email the Admissions Office."

I got the same message! Everytime I see my status change, it's hard to keep myself from getting excited and reading too much into it :oops:

Just got this status update:

"Your application is complete and has been reviewed by the committee.
We will let you know something as soon as we are able."

I checked last year's thread and several with the same message eventually got invites
smile.gif
apparently the status changes again to a "not supported" error message before the email invites last year

After two weeks of trying to decided which essay to use, I wrote a whole new one last night and submitted it. Finally satisfied.

After two weeks of trying to decided which essay to use, I wrote a whole new one last night and submitted it. Finally satisfied.

Overthink much? :laugh:

Glad you feel satisfied, though :D

Just got this status update:

I checked last year's thread and several with the same message eventually got invites
smile.gif
apparently the status changes again to a "not supported" error message before the email invites last year

mine changed to this too

Mine changed to this sometime today as well. No error message.

Status Check said:
Your application is complete and has been reviewed by the committee.

Baylor College of Medicine interviews from September through February.
You are eligible for interview consideration through February.

Hopefully an II is en route!

Mine changed to this sometime today as well. No error message.

Hopefully an II is en route!

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's just the complete status after your application has been reviewed. Everyone gets it. But yeah, hopefully they start pulling people off their list and sending out interview invites. For everyone whose status changed to "please contact the admissions office," I think that sounds promising! At least according to last years thread..

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's just the complete status after your application has been reviewed. Everyone gets it. But yeah, hopefully they start pulling people off their list and sending out interview invites. For everyone whose status changed to "please contact the admissions office," I think that sounds promising! At least according to last years thread..

I'm not disappointed - I didn't expect the status change to mean I'm going to get one. I just hope to get one, that's all.

Well my Primary was received. But they say they don't have my secondary fee. Sent in the app and fee on 7-5-11 :mad:. Anyway, hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

On a separate note I am a non-trad and I have 5 letters that were sent to all schools. One of my letter writers is dragging serious butt ( asked for letter to be due no later than June 1st). I remember someone else posted (prolly BMEN) that baylor said they were missing a LOR from his packet and he wasn't complete without it. I wonder if they will hold up my app because of this one letter writer. Anyway, that one of my many stresses. It would really stick if I paid all this money and I can't be complete because of one person. I know at MCW I am not complete without her letter so this will likely be true for the other schools I applied to on AMCAS

Well my Primary was received. But they say they don't have my secondary fee. Sent in the app and fee on 7-5-11 :mad:. Anyway, hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

On a separate note I am a non-trad and I have 5 letters that were sent to all schools. One of my letter writers is dragging serious butt ( asked for letter to be due no later than June 1st). I remember someone else posted (prolly BMEN) that baylor said they were missing a LOR from his packet and he wasn't complete without it. I wonder if they will hold up my app because of this one letter writer. Anyway, that one of my many stresses. It would really stick if I paid all this money and I can't be complete because of one person. I know at MCW I am not complete without her letter so this will likely be true for the other schools I applied to on AMCAS

They wont mark you complete without the letter i think. So call ahead and ask.

Just of kicks

When was your app transmitted to baylor and when was your secondary submitted?

Do you know for certain one writer hasn't sent it in yet?

Also since you have more then the required they might start reviewing already and will use that extra letter to supplement. Just imo

They wont mark you complete without the letter i think. So call ahead and ask.

Just of kicks

When was your app transmitted to baylor and when was your secondary submitted?

Do you know for certain one writer hasn't sent it in yet?

Also since you have more then the required they might start reviewing already and will use that extra letter to supplement. Just imo

Secondary submitted and paid for 7-5-11, received an email confirmation. Primary transmitted 7-13-11. Baylor downloaded primary sometime late Friday but I got an email this morning. My status says they received my primary but haven't gotten my fee. That's funny because they took the 100 out of my account.

BTW I emailed Baylor this morning and they were pretty rude. I had to stop myself from sending a snide response.

I would hate for this to hold up my app, I was thinking about calling MCW and asking them to delete her as a writer.

Secondary submitted and paid for 7-5-11, received an email confirmation. Primary transmitted 7-13-11. Baylor downloaded primary sometime late Friday but I got an email this morning. My status says they received my primary but haven't gotten my fee. That's funny because they took the 100 out of my account.

BTW I emailed Baylor this morning and they were pretty rude. I had to stop myself from sending a snide response.

I would hate for this to hold up my app, I was thinking about calling MCW and asking them to delete her as a writer.

If its a non-critical letter, it might be best too

It took around two weeks to get my letters after they had my primary. It took them about a week-week and half to confirm my payment. Be patient

If its a non-critical letter, it might be best too

It took around two weeks to get my letters after they had my primary. It took them about a week-week and half to confirm my payment. Be patient

Arrggg me no likey. Me want answers now!!! ::SMASH::

Lol, j/k. Waiting is tough. Thanks for the response.

Wow that was quick!

Your application is complete and currently being reviewed by the committee.

Perhaps because I contacted the lady at admissions they put me on the fast tract to rejection :eek:

Wow that was quick!

Your application is complete and currently being reviewed by the committee.

Perhaps because I contacted the lady at admissions they put me on the fast tract to rejection :eek:

Congrats patient grasshopper :laugh:

Does anyone else have the same thing?!? I'm wondering if they are waiting to reject me or to give me an interview invite :D

Best of luck to everyone!

Does anyone else have the same thing?!? I'm wondering if they are waiting to reject me or to give me an interview invite :D

Best of luck to everyone!

A lot of people have this so don't wet yourself yet :).

Ok the peroxide must have seeped in but where do I check my status for BCM? - I keep trying to log back into secondary and it just goes to a screen saying I'm done and can't edit my secondary....:(

status back to saying "application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee." use to say "has been reviewed"

"Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee. We will let you know as soon as further information is available."

Yeah, mine has been changed as well. hmmmmm :confused:

Mine is still 'has been reviewed' as well. Has been that way for some time now.

I don't think mine has ever changed from "is being reviewed"... this entire process is a little screwy isn't it lol?

"been reviewed".... sadness! (sinking feeling) :(

Wow you were under review the same time I was on the 19th. Lets hope it's just a fast turn around due to awesomeness and you will get an email soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.