2011-2012 East Tennessee (Quillen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, there goes my hope. I heard back and got the go ahead on plan B. So for those of you still on hold, it's worth an email at this point. I'll still be hanging out in case a miracle happens, but it looks like I'll be going elsewhere next year. Good luck.
 
Well, there goes my hope. I heard back and got the go ahead on plan B. So for those of you still on hold, it's worth an email at this point. I'll still be hanging out in case a miracle happens, but it looks like I'll be going elsewhere next year. Good luck.

What email address did you send your question to? Also what did you ask, if you dont mind me asking. I've been on the holdlist since January and still havent heard anything. Thanks
 
I'll PM you when I get home. I'm on my blackberry at the moment. I was put on hold in January, too. :-( I was really hopefull until yesterday, too. It was such a hard hit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll PM you when I get home. I'm on my blackberry at the moment. I was put on hold in January, too. :-( I was really hopefull until yesterday, too. It was such a hard hit.

Ok thanks. Yea i have pretty much accepted i will be reapplying for next cycle.
 
Sorry to hear that Deutsch. Good luck to you in whatever you do. You never know, it could happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
 
Sorry to hear that Deutsch. Good luck to you in whatever you do. You never know, it could happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Thanks. I'm remaining on the list, but am head-on into the next cycle. I retake the MCAT Aug 4th. Hopefully that will allow me to have better luck next year. Good luck to everyone.
 
I'm so disheartened. This year they've accepted less than the last three years by a wide margin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
 
Not sure of the exact number. The lady that updates their stats on the website has been out of tge office for quite some time now so that's why it hasn't been updated, but there has been less waitlist movement than past years

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
 
I mean, did you call them, and they told you that? I emailed them last Wednesday to ask if I still have a chance... and no response yet.
 
Not sure of the exact number. The lady that updates their stats on the website has been out of tge office for quite some time now so that's why it hasn't been updated, but there has been less waitlist movement than past years

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Is she okay? She's been out since at least the end of May.

Yeah, that's what Doug said, regarding how few they've accepted. This year has been particularly competitive accross all schools. I hate that every year it gets more and more difficult.
 
If we are all referring to the same person, I believe she is fine. She quickly responded to emails I sent a little over a week ago.

Glad to hear she's okay.

Does anyone know how many in-state students have been offered acceptances this year? I know it's far less than past years, but am very curious to see a number--that tends to put things into more of a perspective for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything? Good or bad? It is getting CRUNCH TIME

Weylp, the stats are up! They've accepted 34 less students thus far. Jeeze, I can't upload a pic because it's too large (dimensionally and binary) and none of my pastes will format correctly. So for those trolling this thread from the 2012-2013 cycle, here's the best I can do:


2012 Entering Class Statistics as of 07/11/12
Application Status
In-State
Out of State
Total
Applications Received
595
1334
1929
Applications Terminated/Withdrawn
470
1322
1792
Applications In Process
0
0
0
Interviews completed to date
200
62
262
On Hold for Further Consideration
59
6
65
Acceptances Offered to Date
95
16
111
Current Accepted
68
4
72


Incoming Class Average GPA
BCPM
3.66
All Other
3.74
Total
3.69

Incoming Class Average MCAT
Verbal Reasoning
9.2
Physical Sciences
9.3
Biological Sciences
9.8
Writing Sample
O

-----------------
2011 Entering Class Statistics as of 08/17/11
Application Status
In-State
Out of State
Total
Applications Received
532
1126
1658
Applications Terminated/Withdrawn
466
1121
1587
Applications In Process
0
0
0
Interviews completed to date
209
40
249
On Hold for Further Consideration
0
0
0
Acceptances Offered to Date
129
12
141
Current Accepted
66
5
71


Incoming Class Average GPA
BCPM
3.62
All Other
3.67
Total
3.62

Incoming Class Average MCAT
Verbal Reasoning
9.5
Physical Sciences
9.1
Biological Sciences
9.8
Writing Sample
O

 
Last edited:
So, has anyone withdrawn or been accepted since they sent out that email yesterday?

(For students looking back on this thread in future cycles, it basically stated that this year was unprecedented in that they've accepted less students off the waitlist than past years and that the class is pretty firm at this point.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.