2011-2012 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on Oct 31st and my status still says admissions committee scheduled. my friend's (who interviewed 10 days before me) status is admissions committee decision made

I interviewed with you 🙂. Mine still says that it's scheduled as well. :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reviewed yesterday as well. From previous posters it appears as if it takes approx. two weeks before the first acceptances go out.... However, I e-mailed the admissions office today, and was told that it is a rolling process (which is what they told us at the interview, but for some reason I thought there was an initial "bunch" of acceptances that went out after the committee met...) and that they will continue to send out acceptances until they get 120 seat deposits. They also stated that the most movement will occur in May...

If anyone obtains an acceptance based on yesterday (12/13)'s committee review I'd love the additional information as a way to keep track of the progress of those rolling acceptances!

Fingers crossed!

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays
 
Still listed as scheduled from the 10/31 interview as well. Hopefully there is another committee meeting before the holidays.
 
Accepted today! I interviewed in August (reviewed 10/18 iirc)...so don't be discouraged if it takes a while to hear back post-interview. 🙂
 
Got the review completed status from the 10/31 interview this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be hearing some good news shortly!
 
Got the review completed status from the 10/31 interview this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be hearing some good news shortly!

Me too! 🙂. Same interview date as well. I hope we both get in :luck:

Does anyone know the earliest that they give out the decisions? I realize that it could be months...
 
I guess we'll hear late this week/sometime next week. This week would be nice 😀

Since they have rolling admissions, only those that are accepted right away will hear. If not, you won't hear anything (which kind of sucks). I don't think they make a waitlist until interviews are completed, so theoretically you can hear anytime from now until March!

Good luck!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since they have rolling admissions, only those that are accepted right away will hear. If not, you won't hear anything (which kind of sucks). I don't think they make a waitlist until interviews are completed, so theoretically you can hear anytime from now until March!

Good luck!!!!!

Accepted today...Interviewed 10/28, Admissions Review Completed 12/13. I will be declining the spot so hopefully it goes to one of you. Best of luck!
 
Since they have rolling admissions, only those that are accepted right away will hear. If not, you won't hear anything (which kind of sucks). I don't think they make a waitlist until interviews are completed, so theoretically you can hear anytime from now until March!

Good luck!!!!!

Thanks!

Accepted today...Interviewed 10/28, Admissions Review Completed 12/13. I will be declining the spot so hopefully it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

Congrats! And thank you.
 
Accepted as well? Surprised because my interview went rather terribly? Going to speak in questions for the rest of the day?

Good luck everyone :luck:
 
Anyone from the November interview dates hear anything?
Nope I interviewed 11/18 and still says ad com scheduled as well. Hopefully they make decisions more than once a month because it looks like people who interviewed in october just heard back.
 
Nope I interviewed 11/18 and still says ad com scheduled as well. Hopefully they make decisions more than once a month because it looks like people who interviewed in october just heard back.

The last of the Oct. 31st crowd looks like they just went to review completed. BUT, it will be a couple weeks minimum until the actual decisions are sent if prior experiences hold true. As a note, I was at review scheduled for almost two months, but I'm assuming that Thanksgiving and whatnot delayed it a few weeks.
 
How the heck did that happen? I interviewed weeks before you and just went to review completed a few days ago. Strange...

Had to have been a situation where the 2 interviewers were super fast reviewers and that person got voted on a few days after the interview and then that person was rated high enough to be an immediate accept....

Just a random thought, I wonder if FIU is already done with interviews? I can't think of another school that does all their interviews so early in the cycle and is pretty much finished by December.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had to have been a situation where the 2 interviewers were super fast reviewers and that person got voted on a few days after the interview and then that person was rated high enough to be an immediate accept....

Just a random thought, I wonder if FIU is already done with interviews? I can't think of another school that does all their interviews so early in the cycle and is pretty much finished by December.

Robertch8 must know better than I do. I am very pleased and feel very blessed by this acceptance. It actually took the longest to hear back from FIU. UF gave an acceptance within 12 days of interviewing so I had actually assumed a waitlist was coming up from FIU. I loved the school but I am running out of funds for deposits. This is a budding tradition of excellence. I also like that their campus is not so nested in the downtown area like UM even though the UM campus is very compelling and downtown has its benefits. I had the most difficult, but also the best interview experience of the season so far at FIU...the questions were not easy, and I had to reflect deeply to find answers to most questions.
 
Had to have been a situation where the 2 interviewers were super fast reviewers and that person got voted on a few days after the interview and then that person was rated high enough to be an immediate accept....

Just a random thought, I wonder if FIU is already done with interviews? I can't think of another school that does all their interviews so early in the cycle and is pretty much finished by December.

Well, I seem to remember that they said the interviewers had to submit their review within 15 minutes to a half hour (don't quite remember) after the interview. They insinuated that this was so that it would be fresh in their minds. In any case, I'll just keep on waiting. Nothing can be done at this point.
 
This waiting game is killing me!!! I know i'm not alone. I just keeping praying i hear from FIU when they send out their next batch of acceptances
 
Hey guys,

I interviewed on 11/21, and my status just changed today (1/17) from AdCom Review Scheduled to AdCom Review Completed. So, it looks like from most people's experiences that I can expect to hear back anytime from one day to a few months, lol.

I applied with a 3.7/33 MCAT out of undergrad with a lot of ECs.

Good luck to you all!
 
Hey guys,

I interviewed on 11/21, and my status just changed today (1/17) from AdCom Review Scheduled to AdCom Review Completed. So, it looks like from most people's experiences that I can expect to hear back anytime from one day to a few months, lol.

I applied with a 3.7/33 MCAT out of undergrad with a lot of ECs.

Good luck to you all!

I interviewed 11/21 as well, and my status is still AdCom Review Scheduled. The waiting game continues. Awesome.
 
Scratch that. I'm AdCom Review Complete now. I guess I just checked too early.

Crossing my fingers that I don't have to wait tooooooo long to find out.

Same, had the same interview date and my status was changed today to review complete. good luck to all of us!
 
I just got an "Alternate List" email. I thought my interview did not go well at all so I guess this is fine news.

I have a question though. Didn't they make a fuss about there being an "Accepted-Alternate" list on interview day? Is that different from the "Alternate List" message I got?

Thanks, and good luck to all of you!

Same email for me. I was curious about the Accepted-Alternate vs Alternate list as well. Is it different or the same thing?
 
Is the class full because you seem like a rock solid candidate.

I'd say the class has got to be close to full... I know they were only releasing acceptances and rejections before and some people just did not hear anything -- this is the first I've heard them sending out Alt list e-mails.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at last year's thread and it's a little vague...but I think we're on that Accepted-Alternate list. See page 11 in the old thread or http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10521102&highlight=alternate+list#post10521102

Yeah that is pretty vague... I emailed Dr. Roller asking for clarification, and I'll let you (and everyone else on here) know what she says.

Did you see this on last year's thread?:

"They said 75% of the people get off the list, so I can see why it's referred to as an accepted/alternate list rather than just a wait list. "

Hahaha. If that's true - which I'm more than just a bit hesitant to believe - I like our chances. Hopefully people continue to drop their seats as the interview season winds down. Fingers crossed and good luck!
 
also received the alternate list email today. I'm guessing they filled the class up. Good luck to us all!
 
Anyone else not hear anything? Are they sending emails individually? Around what time did you guys get your notifications?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.