2011-2012 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your input!!

Members don't see this ad.

Any waitlist movement yesterday or today? Anyone??

Any waitlist movement yesterday or today? Anyone??

NOPE! Although I would disagree with the fact that only 4 people got off the WL. There are prolly 2-3 more and they are msot likely not on sdn or facebook.

I personally have no expectations. the WL movement was slow to begin with, and at this point, anything happening seems highly unlikely. I am so restless because i have never been outta school. its a strange feeling this year.
Kinda feels like I wasted a summer just getting stressed and yearning over nothing. TCMC was also horrible in keeping the WListers informed/updated about anything. One of THE MOST frustrating years of my life.

although don't you agree that if we had known where we stood on the WL, things would have been a lot more calmer on our end (because we would know what to expect from the school), or also like an online page that would show the wl movement anonymously would have helped (like the way done at some of the other decent medical schools). An absolute horrendous experience applying here.

even though i will apply here again because of the WL, but i will never have any expectations !!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
NOPE! Although I would disagree with the fact that only 4 people got off the WL. There are prolly 2-3 more and they are msot likely not on sdn or facebook.

I personally have no expectations. the WL movement was slow to begin with, and at this point, anything happening seems highly unlikely. I am so restless because i have never been outta school. its a strange feeling this year.
Kinda feels like I wasted a summer just getting stressed and yearning over nothing. TCMC was also horrible in keeping the WListers informed/updated about anything. One of THE MOST frustrating years of my life.

although don't you agree that if we had known where we stood on the WL, things would have been a lot more calmer on our end (because we would know what to expect from the school), or also like an online page that would show the wl movement anonymously would have helped (like the way done at some of the other decent medical schools). An absolute horrendous experience applying here.

even though i will apply here again because of the WL, but i will never have any expectations !!!!

Believe me, it's not just TCMC. I'm on multiple waitlists and have not heard a word from any of them. My guess is that students are starting to get accepted to fewer amounts of schools so waitlist movement is decreasing. Go look at the NYMC thread. They normally accept almost half their class from the w/l and there has hardly been any movement. The school has even acknowledged this fact.

You should always assume a waitlist equals a rejection and plan accordingly. That way an acceptance is a nice surprise and not something you expect from a school.

For those who are accepted, have you been assigned campuses already? If so then I think the class could be in place.

Yea I agree with you. If they could have even told us the rank on the waitlist then we would know what to expect. Lets see what happens in this last week. Can't wait to get over with this stuff. It has been a hell of an application cycle for me.

Since the orientation starts on next monday August 6, we can atleast hope to hear from them till this week friday. After that I think its all over for this cycle TCMC app.

Hope there is some waitlist movement during this beginning of this week. If any one gets off the waitlist please post on sdn.

Thanks.

I am a 4th year student here at TCMC

At the risk of sounding like a preening peacock, let's just say i totally rocked Step 1, destroyed Step 2, got a ton of third year honors grades and am generally an overall well rounded student who has strongest knowledge in medicine (vs surgery vs peds vs OBGYN vs psychiatry)

Please seek me out if you want the keys to success.

I will not give you mundane, generic advice. I will be very specific and give you very concrete materials.

In fact, what I give you will be worth so much and be so helpful to you, that you will have to go get an iPad! As a matter of fact, the amount of money I can save you is far greater than the cost of the new iPad HD.. besides you'll need an iPad in order to read all of the texts I am going to give you (also foregoing costs of all textbooks) .. plus it will directly make you a very strong medical student, provided you have the desire and the fire within you.

PM me with your tcmedc.org email and I shall get in contact with you.

And remember that at least one upperclass newnyork star med student who was caught violating copyright laws in a flagrant commercial fashion allegedly forfeited his/ her school position. So make sure your generosity falls within state, federal and school codes of conduct.

Does anyone know the email address of Ms. Stalk? Thank you.

Does anyone know the email address of Ms. Stalk? Thank you.
Nevermind - not necessary.

But in today's news TCMC has announced its president.

"The Board of Trustees of The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC) announced today that Steven J. Scheinman, MD, has been named president and dean. Dr. Scheinman will succeed interim president and dean Robert Wright, MD, on September 10"

http://www.thecommonwealthmedical.com/scheinman

any news on the waitlist front? Anyone got off the waitlist recently???? Is the class full already???

Dr. Scheinman, 60, previously served as SUNY Upstate Medical University's senior vice president and dean of the College of Medicine.
He resigned from the position last fall, after the Liaison Committee on Medical Education recommended putting the Syracuse-based school on probation because of curriculum issues. On Thursday, Dr. Scheinman explained the reasons for probation, including the lack of a central committee to make decisions on curriculum. He accepted responsibility, resigning as dean but staying on as a professor.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/commonwealth-medical-college-names-new-leader-1.1353586

Any one accepted of the waitlist recently? Is the class full? Or is there still hope for some waitlist movement?

No more waitlist hope!

"I just wanted to give you an update that TCMC matriculated the Class of 2016 today. We realize it has been a long summer on the waitlist. Please do not give up your dreams of attending medical school and consider applying to us again for the Class of 2017. TCMC expects to accept a class of 100 students next year. We are currently accepting applications and look forward to receiving your application in the days ahead.

All the best,
Deb Stalk"

i wonder if we have a leg up for this next cycle since we interviewed this past cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.