2011-2012 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with Admissions. I had this concern too. The "deadline" of within 4 weeks is just a strong suggestion. Get it in!

I just realized it said "due within 4 weeks" and i def. passed that mark -- FML. what should i do? i already called them but no answer.

That sucks dude, but luckily this is not the case for UConn.

You probably can't apply then. I forgot to apply to UC Davis 2 years ago with same deadline and passed it, and I couldn't access the secondary as a result.

Members don't see this ad.

Applied a month ago. No word whatsoever, and the office was pretty terse when I asked for information.

Do these guys give any kind of completion notices? Emailing in a pdf was bizarre enough.

For an OOS applicant (West Coast) who has made it to the interview stage, does anyone know what the rough statistical chances are of getting an offer? I know they really favor IS people, but are the odds pretty decent for an OOS person if you've already secured an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied a month ago. No word whatsoever, and the office was pretty terse when I asked for information.

Do these guys give any kind of completion notices? Emailing in a pdf was bizarre enough.

I haven't received a completion email. All I got was an automated "we have received your secondary" email immediately after submission.

I called admissions a few weeks after i submitted mine (this was in late july) and they said they dont send out complete emails

I submitted my secondary on 9/14 and I still haven't heard back. IS.

was complete less than a week ago (10/3), got the interview invite this afternoon.

32Q, 3.95 (cum and sci), IS (which i'm guessing is why i heard back so quickly).

surprised by how inactive this thread is. can anyone else report on the interview experience?

was complete less than a week ago (10/3), got the interview invite this afternoon.

32Q, 3.95 (cum and sci), IS (which i'm guessing is why i heard back so quickly).

surprised by how inactive this thread is. can anyone else report on the interview experience?

I've had my app in for over 3 weeks now and not a word. I'm IS. Did they call or send an email?

they called around 1 in the afternoon. i was just shocked by how quickly they offered me an interview. believe me, i'm not trying to induce paranoia-- these forums generally mess with my head. just wondering if anyone is in the same boat, and what the interview is like.

Hello all, I received instructions to fill out the secondary just last week on 10/5 and received an invitation to interview yesterday (10/12) via email. It says in the email just to have completed the secondary before my interview date. I have never heard of anyone sending an invite to interview without first receiving the secondary, is this a common practice?

I am an OOS applicant, 3.5 gpa 33R mcat w/ the interview scheduled for 12/16.

Wow they must really like u :laugh:
it's been a month since i've been complete and still no word. :(
also OOS 3.9+/33

Hello all, I received instructions to fill out the secondary just last week on 10/5 and received an invitation to interview yesterday (10/12) via email. It says in the email just to have completed the secondary before my interview date. I have never heard of anyone sending an invite to interview without first receiving the secondary, is this a common practice?

I am an OOS applicant, 3.5 gpa 33R mcat w/ the interview scheduled for 12/16.

Wow they must really like u :laugh:
it's been a month since i've been complete and still no word. :(
also OOS 3.9+/33

I've been complete for a month and no word either. But I'm IS. Sucks being a CT resident.

I think they just finished looking at another batch of apps. Completed 2ndary early October, invite to interview by phone 10/14. I'm IS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im IS, got a phone call in early august about an interview scheduled this coming friday. 33P, 3.8, Im completely pumped, hope it goes well. Does anyone know the date they started interviewing? How long after the interview are we expected to receive a response?

Wonder when the first acceptances will come out. I'm not sure when the earliest interviews were conducted.

I'm really crossing my fingers about UConn. I had a really awesome interview experience on 9/30 and would be thrilled to attend.

Wonder when the first acceptances will come out. I'm not sure when the earliest interviews were conducted.

I'm really crossing my fingers about UConn. I had a really awesome interview experience on 9/30 and would be thrilled to attend.

Amen. I loved the school and am anxious to see what happens.

Interviewed 9/12... Accepted 10/17. Just got an email this afternoon. very excited their program is my top choice.
35R 3.6gpa

Interviewed 9/12... Accepted 10/17. Just got an email this afternoon. very excited their program is my top choice.
35R 3.6gpa

Awesome. Congrats. :)

So looking like about a 5 week wait then. Which is about what they indicated at the interview.

Still haven't heard anything. Two months since submission, no reply, no completion indication, no nothing.

Really not impressed whatsoever with the way this school interacts with its applicants. Which is to say, no interaction whatsoever. Congratulations to everybody getting invites and acceptances. :)

Accepted!!! :D:D:D

Just got the e-mail from Dr. Zeff. I'm unbelievably thrilled about this. :)

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

still haven't heard anything. Two months since submission, no reply, no completion indication, no nothing.

Really not impressed whatsoever with the way this school interacts with its applicants. Which is to say, no interaction whatsoever. Congratulations to everybody getting invites and acceptances. :)

+1

Accepted!!! :D:D:D

Just got the e-mail from Dr. Zeff. I'm unbelievably thrilled about this. :)

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Congrats! With your stats I'm not at all surprised. I got an interview invitation today for 12/16 and am very excited.

Still haven't heard anything. Two months since submission, no reply, no completion indication, no nothing.

Same here. Aug 14 submission and then not a peep. I'm simply taking the silent rejection and not expecting much from the school at this point. Though I obviously won't say no to a random II anytime soon.

just got the acceptance email! really excited, and also surprised with the quick turnaround.
interviewed 10/17, accepted 10/27.

Hey everyone, I am a Medical Student at UConn. I see some of you complaining about not hearing anything back from UConn. Two things about this:

The application cycle is not over yet, be patient. You need to give them about 8 weeks to process everything albeit some people here back within four weeks, these are usually applicants that applied a little earlier and the office gets backed up.

Second thing: Do not be afraid to call the office! Be proactive and do not sit back and just take the silence. I called the office 8 times when I applied here and it turned out that they lost/misplaced my application. So make sure you call them! This applies to any medical school you are applying to! If you call them they are pretty good about giving you an answer, but if you feel like you are past the 6-8 week mark, make sure you ask them SPECIFICALLY, to see where you are in the review process.

If you have any questions (about the school or application process) feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Best of luck!

just got the acceptance email! really excited, and also surprised with the quick turnaround.
interviewed 10/17, accepted 10/27.

Awesome!!! Congrats. What are your stats if you dont mind sharing faith?

Hellooo.
Would anybody happen to know how receptive UConn is to update letters?

Much thanks! :)

I sent them one. They took it.

I sent them one. They took it.

What e-mail address did you send it to? I'd love to send an update if they'd look at it!

On their website, it says:

I want to supplement my AMCAS application. Can I send additional information (grades, current shadowing, research experience, etc.) to you to be included with my original application?

No. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to update your file. However, should you be selected for an interview, please bring the updated information with you on that day.

Accepted! :) First one of the cycle, so it's good to know I'm in. 37S/3.9 and interviewed in mid-October.

Accepted! :) First one of the cycle, so it's good to know I'm in. 37S/3.9 and interviewed in mid-October.

Congrats! I interviewed early Nov, so hopefully my day is coming up soon =)

Had an interview on 9/26 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this a silent rejection? Should I call/e-mail them? Already emailed the admissions office, but no reply yet.

Advice, anyone?

Sooo excited!!!! Just got the call from Lynda!!!! :lock: I am scheduled to interview February 3rd!! Can anyone comment on what I can expect?? I would really appreciate it!!

Sooo excited!!!! Just got the call from Lynda!!!! :lock: I am scheduled to interview February 3rd!! Can anyone comment on what I can expect?? I would really appreciate it!!

We had a group interview with Dr. Zeff, then an interview with a faculty member and finally one with a student. They asked very typical questions, it was more conversational than anything else (as many others will tell you.) Then we had a tour of some of the interesting parts of the school. Everyone is super friendly. :) I got there early enough to sit in on a class, which was probably the most telling experience of it all. Really shows you how the classes are set up, and what kinds of material to expect in the lectures.

Congrats on the call and good luck at your interview!

Thanks for the information!! :)

We had a group interview with Dr. Zeff, then an interview with a faculty member and finally one with a student. They asked very typical questions, it was more conversational than anything else (as many others will tell you.) Then we had a tour of some of the interesting parts of the school. Everyone is super friendly. :) I got there early enough to sit in on a class, which was probably the most telling experience of it all. Really shows you how the classes are set up, and what kinds of material to expect in the lectures.

Congrats on the call and good luck at your interview!

Anyone hear anything lately?

hey.... has anyone heard anything lately?

I interviewed on 11/28... I thought that Dr. Zeff said that there would be an admissions meeting on 12/13?... so if that meeting did occur, people should be hearing back soon?

Obviously there is the distinct possibility that they weren't able to get to everyone who had already interviewed by 12/13.

But has anyone heard anything recently?

Hey I just got my acceptance through email! Interviewed 11/14, so it was about a month, like they said. I'm in-state and uconn is one of my top choices. So excited for the acceptance! Good luck to you!

I interviewed 12/12, Dr.Zeff said the next meeting relevant to our date would be mid January. I don't know if that had any bearing on the 12/13 meeting.

A friend of mine used to be a student interviewer. He said that the adcom meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday out of every month. I was wondering if there have been any decisions handed out within the past day or so?

A friend of mine used to be a student interviewer. He said that the adcom meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday out of every month. I was wondering if there have been any decisions handed out within the past day or so?

yes, just received the acceptance e-mail about 15 minutes ago!

Congratulations! Does anyone know if waitlisted people are notified by e-mail or letter?

Edit: Or for that matter, how they notify of rejections?

Last edited:
thanks! interviewed 12/2, so if you factor in the winter vacation it took just about a month/4 weeks.

Hi all, I recently withdrew my application. I hope that my admissions spot will go to someone great! Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.