2011-2012 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does UConn give out any merit scholarships, or is it basically all loans?

Members don't see this ad.

According to the FA office, we will probably get word this week (sometime around Wednesday).

Well with the may 15th deadline and all .. we are really gonna need it by monday...

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody get the financial aid stuff yet???

Yeah they sent an email to everyone Friday. The official papers are on their way now via snail mail. Check your spam folder, that's where the email ended up going for me.

Last edited:
Does UConn give out any merit scholarships, or is it basically all loans?

They have very few merit scholarships. I have a couple of friends that recieved small ones, such as a 20k scholarship (5k each year), and they both scored 36+ on the MCAT.

Hmm, not a lot of activity on the Uconn thread this year... I interviewed in January and was placed on the high alternate list shortly after. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hmm, not a lot of activity on the Uconn thread this year... I interviewed in January and was placed on the high alternate list shortly after. Anyone else in a similar situation?
I'm in the exact situation. Sucks waiting. They told me that the high alternate rankings would be ranked the end of may/ early june. I'm gonna contact them next week to see if there are any changes.

And ya not a lot of activity. I wonder how many people are on the high alternate list this year...

I'm in the exact situation. Sucks waiting. They told me that the high alternate rankings would be ranked the end of may/ early june. I'm gonna contact them next week to see if there are any changes.

And ya not a lot of activity. I wonder how many people are on the high alternate list this year...

Yeah I wonder the same. I assumed they wouldn't rank until after the May 15th deadline. Heres to hoping there are many withdrawals and the high alt list is kept small, woo I rhymed lol :laugh:

+1 high alternate list, interviewed october. I check my email all the incessantly.

High alternate list is definitely a good place to be for everyone that is waiting. In past years they have usually admitted most of the applicants on the high alternate list. Also maybe send in a letter of intent if UConn is your top choice. I hope to be classmates with some of you in the fall!

EDIT: I also know three people that withdrew today and that's just from the small circle of people I know that were admitted to UConn, hopefully movement on the wait-lists will come soon.

High alternate list is definitely a good place to be for everyone that is waiting. In past years they have usually admitted most of the applicants on the high alternate list. Also maybe send in a letter of intent if UConn is your top choice. I hope to be classmates with some of you in the fall!

EDIT: I also know three people that withdrew today and that's just from the small circle of people I know that were admitted to UConn, hopefully movement on the wait-lists will come soon.

Thank you for this information Hotshy! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hopefully I'll meet you this fall :xf:

Accepted this morning via email! I've been on the high alternate list since January and this is my first acceptance. I sent an update letter yesterday, I'm not sure if it influenced the decision at all though. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning via email! I've been on the high alternate list since January and this is my first acceptance. I sent an update letter yesterday, I'm not sure if it influenced the decision at all though. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congratulations, I will see you this fall!

Congrats!! That's awesome! I think we were placed on the high alt list around the same time. Hopefully that means I'm next! GL everyone :luck:

when do you guys think the admissions office will be back in action? or are they already? I sent an email yesterday, and got an automated message.

Just got off the waitlist this morning. I interviewed on December 5 and was placed on the high alternate list on January 13.

man. I hope i haven't maligned the admissions office, just based on the sheer volume of emails i've sent.

Any other acceptances recently?

Or withdrawals?? :xf:

Accepted at 9:54 AM. Ecstatic - this was my top choice!

Congrats bluv1212. Im still waiting but they told me I was in the top third of the high alternate list. Has anyone else been accepted or withdrew lately? Im really surprised by the lack of activity on the board this year compared to years past. Hopefully more movement will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.