2011-2012 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email confirmation that they received my signed acceptance letter, just in case anyone was wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
same here, congrats! will you be attending?

Congrats to you as well!

At this point in time, it looks like I will be (although who knows what the rest of the application cycle will bring). Toledo impressed me a whole lot though, and its odd, since even as a Ohio resident, I don't hear too much about Toledo! But I don't think I could ask for much better!

If u don't mind, what are your stats?

I won't be too specific :cool: , but around a 30 MCAT with >3.9 GPA, extensive research and a good deal of volunteering/shadowing, along with other ECs. Complete in early/mid August.

No they were supposed to send it to you. Since their office has been disorganized this year, I don't think some people got it. If you called them, they send it to you. I'm not filling it out though, its already December.
My fellow SDNers,
I called the admissions office to inquire about this scenario. The woman I spoke to confirmed that many applicants had not been sent their initial invitation to complete a secondary due to disorganization within the office, and that a large number of invitations (including mine) were sent on Oct. 15. She also said that she had received many reports that this mass email (on the 15h) had gone to most people's spam boxes (including myself). She encouraged me to still fill out the application, regardless of the fact that it is so late in the cycle.
Hope this clears up the confusion for some of you.

Accepted here this afternoon- first acceptance! So excited!:D

Accepted here yesterday as well. Definitely feel comfortable about attending here after the interview day.

I haven't heard anybody on this thread talk about an interview invite in a long time, wonder how many they have sent out since Oct 15, the day that they sent out all the secondaries :confused:

i haven't heard anybody on this thread talk about an interview invite in a long time, wonder how many they have sent out since oct 15, the day that they sent out all the secondaries :confused:

+1

I haven't heard anybody on this thread talk about an interview invite in a long time, wonder how many they have sent out since Oct 15, the day that they sent out all the secondaries :confused:

They should be giving out interviews all the way throughout March/April, and it doesn't seem like huge waves of invites, I mean when I got my invite they wanted to try to get me in that same week. Also there are only like 4-7 other interviewees on each interview day, so things seem to move slow and steady. Plus I had about a 3 month turnaround from being complete to getting the II.

I know others have asked but I did not see any answers, anyone know if they are open to updates pre-II?

Members don't see this ad :)
How would someone send updated grades to them if you are limited to a page and you want to include some other things? Wouldn't a transcript alone count as a page? :confused:

Just tell them the class and the grade. Make a paragraph about grade updates.

+1 I guess we all wait it out like everyone else see what the adcom next move is :D

Interviewed 28th November, acceptance letter today. Most likely withdrawing this week. Good luck to everyone! Toledo is awesome!

+1 I guess we all wait it out like everyone else see what the adcom next move is :D

+2. I called on the phone approx 2 weeks ago. Woman on phone was very nice, and said I should be hearing positively or negatively within 2-3 weeks...but also the holiday break would mess with the timeline.

Maybe she meant 2-3 weeks after the break??? Either way, I shall eagerly await news from Toledo...

+2. I called on the phone approx 2 weeks ago. Woman on phone was very nice, and said I should be hearing positively or negatively within 2-3 weeks...but also the holiday break would mess with the timeline.

Maybe she meant 2-3 weeks after the break??? Either way, I shall eagerly await news from Toledo...

I think I was complete around the same time you were so I hope to know a bit more in the upcoming few weeks! And yeah SDN is going to get mighty lonely the next few weeks with the holidays haha

Yes, haven't heard from them since the last message about still being considered. I suspect we'll hear from them within the few weeks following the holidays. :xf:

Yes, haven't heard from them since the last message about still being considered. I suspect we'll hear from them within the few weeks following the holidays. :xf:

Maybe they seem like they are moving slow this year due to the admissions changes something tells me we will be waiting for a while or maybe its just me oh well lol

Maybe they seem like they are moving slow this year due to the admissions changes something tells me we will be waiting for a while or maybe its just me oh well lol

I hope they even get to everyone's application...I'm definitely keeping the faith though!

I had gotten an interview invite Dec 5th. Thought I had posted here to give everyone some hope but I guess I never actually posted it.
Anyway, I"m interviewing next thursday so there's definantly still hope for more II to go out!

I had gotten an interview invite Dec 5th. Thought I had posted here to give everyone some hope but I guess I never actually posted it.
Anyway, I"m interviewing next thursday so there's definantly still hope for more II to go out!

That's when I'm interviewing as well. From what I've seen on this thread, there are only a handful of interviewees on each day. Very excited though!

Wonder how many folks get interview invitations at a time? Also starting to wonder if my app will actually be reviewed given the large volume and the late start for the cycle for them :confused:

Just sent in an update letter/letter of interest to hopefully help my chances. I really want to check this school out in person and meet the faculty/students! Top choice for sure

So I called them today and the lady said the following:
IIs are being sent out twice or thrice a week and they will interview until the month of April..I guess that will relieve some anxiety for some of us!

So I called them today and the lady said the following:
IIs are being sent out twice or thrice a week and they will interview until the month of April..I guess that will relieve some anxiety for some of us!

Thank you for reporting this info. I would send a letter of interest, but I'm afraid they wouldn't even accept it because they are already so backed up as it is :confused:

Still no interview invite. Does anyone know if they send out pre-interview rejections or are they just stringing me along for a "silent" rejection?
Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this info. I would send a letter of interest, but I'm afraid they wouldn't even accept it because they are already so backed up as it is :confused:

I sent my letter on 12/19 to them..they sent me an email saying that it will be added to my file about 4 hours after I sent that email...

Does anyone else get the impression UToledo likes high GPAs over all else? It seems that way to me based on the stats/people who are interviewed.

Does anyone else get the impression UToledo likes high GPAs over all else? It seems that way to me based on the stats/people who are interviewed.

Here is what I found:

University Toledo College of Medicine 3.77 (3.38-3.98)3.75 (3.28-3.98)

Interview invite yesterday! I sent an update letter about a week ago and recieved an email saying it was put in my file. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear- I scheduled my interview for the last full week of January so it doesnt seem like they are sending out invites too far in advanced.

Interview invite yesterday! I sent an update letter about a week ago and recieved an email saying it was put in my file. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear- I scheduled my interview for the last full week of January so it doesnt seem like they are sending out invites too far in advanced.

How Did you send the letter (email, snail mail, ect) and whom did you you address it to (admissions, dean, ect)?

Thanks

I have an II with cGPA = sGPA = 3.35, so I think they consider the entire application. :thumbup:

When were you complete if you don't mind me asking?

I submitted my secondary on 10/1, but I'm not sure when it was marked complete. I received the II on 12/5.

Toledo interviews through the middle of April, so there's still plenty of time if you're still waiting to hear back!

I'm kind of afraid that the whole "not getting the email" thing will happen with the interview invites too :/

They have accepted as least 3 students from my university in the past 5 years. The average gpa for x number of students was a 3.1. They definitely consider more than your gpa. I think the average MCAT for these students was a 33, so it is possible that they weigh the MCAT more heavily if you go to a grade deflating school.

Just some info they shared that you guys might want to know. They interview around 400 people for a class of 180 so it seems like an interview is a really good chance of an acceptance. They've accepted about 100 so far (they're accepting most of those they interview) and the turn around is uber quick (like 2 weeks). They've got an amazing match list and thanks to pre-step 1 testing, their pass rate is 98% the first time which is incredible. I was quite impressed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.