You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by DocInProgress
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
is today at ~6:10pm the time its being released for sure?
I have heard rumors that they aren't going to release anything until tomorrow. I so hope that those rumors are wrong. I desperately would love to know like...NOW. 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any feedback from people who have already interviewed?
Agree completely with docbrill! My interviewer was relaxed without being insultingly easy. I got a lot of "behavioral questions" (you know..."tell me about a time that you saw a need for improvement and did something about it," etc...). Also, my interviewer was an alum (never even worked at VCU bar residency and may even be retired now), which surprised me but was a neat way to do things. I think VCU wants their interviewees to feel really at home, though, which I totally did throughout the whole day.
is today at ~6:10pm the time its being released for sure?
I checked and all of my VCU emails so far were received between 5:10-5:13pm CST. Good luck to all!
I'm hoping its today! less than 2 hours if it is...but they did say they like to call people to let us know so the status change probably wouldn't come first. Also none of my status changes came during the weekend so my guess is we wont here until tomorrow =(
It will actually be a miracle if I am accepted this early, so I don't hold much hope. However, for some reason I am really nervous!!
I just want the anxiety to be over, just let us know today, VCU! I want to be able to concentrate on my upcoming interviews!!
I just want the anxiety to be over, just let us know today, VCU! I want to be able to concentrate on my upcoming interviews!!

It's 6![]()
If they go by the date on the website we should find out in a couple minutes!
If they go by the date on the website we should find out in a couple minutes!
According to previous years, something should have gone out around 6:09 PM ......
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nada seems like tomorrow will be the big day!
Yah nothing here either, damn it.
You guys are going to give me a heart attack
Nothing here either...
NOOO VCU is going to give you a heart attack!
Silence here. Guess tomorrow it is. Wahhh.
NOOO VCU is going to give you a heart attack!
Yeah, that too.
But seeing people post right around the time VCU sends emails doesn't help🙂
Just called, we will hear something today at ~6pm EST! Good luck to everyone!
Too long to wait!
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are unable to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail in March."
got the email last night to check my app status and saw this. hope its good news. has anyone else received this status?
good luck everyone.
got the email last night to check my app status and saw this. hope its good news. has anyone else received this status?
good luck everyone.
D
deleted261193
this is the "may" status if you go back and read through the rest of the thread
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are unable to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail in March."
got the email last night to check my app status and saw this. hope its good news. has anyone else received this status?
good luck everyone.
This is the "May Status" people have been talking about. A couple pages back someone made a google spreadsheet where people have recorded if they have received this status and whether they have been offered interviews. If you are IS, this is fantastic news. If you are OOS then it is less certain what your fate will be. Good luck!
Here's the spreadsheet...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1GRnc&hl=en_US
Let the updates begin...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1GRnc&hl=en_US
Let the updates begin...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one on SDN knows (read through this & last year's threads). If you want to see how things are playing out for a small subset of applicants, look a few posts above and check out the spreadsheet.Which is better may status or further status?
Anything up yet folks?
not yet
not yet
Accepted!
mine says 2010 also. Now, where is my phone call?!😀
Does anyone still have the "on hold" status? I wonder what that means...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are unable to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail in March."
got the email last night to check my app status and saw this. hope its good news. has anyone else received this status?
good luck everyone.
I had that status and received an II about 4 weeks later.
OMG!OMG!
AAAACCCEPTTEED! My top choice, I have never been happier in my life!!!
![]()
CONGRATS!!!!!

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
to us both 

