-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by DocInProgress
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how anti-climactic...
Maybe it will be like on 2/1 where they uploaded the decisions on the firt, but the website spits out results the next day?
Aw well, i guess its waitlist or bust for the rest of us lol. Good luck everyoneAccepted at 6:12!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting!
haha im closing it down for the year =( On to the caps game and scribe position...Well, im pretty sure they all go out at the same time....so, I just need one more person to confirm they got in...and they i can close this B**** down for the night...
Also, the waitlist will be created on April 1'st:
from the SOM FAQ's
When will the alternate list be formed?
The alternate list is created after interviews are complete but usually after April 1.
from the SOM FAQ's
When will the alternate list be formed?
The alternate list is created after interviews are complete but usually after April 1.
so has no one been rejected post-interview either?
Can another person confirm if they received an acceptance from VCU today please.
Yeah, PLEASE!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cant stop staring at my email. Ive got homework and a test to study for. I just want in!!!!! lol
Someone said that they got in, and all of the emails go out at once, so I am assuming we did not get in. Whether we are waitlisted or not will be determined in the beginning of Aprilahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cant stop staring at my email. Ive got homework and a test to study for. I just want in!!!!! lol
Accepted at 6:12!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting!
Chuck, you were applying for the certificate program right? Would that place in you a different category?
I'm a current cert student so thats possible. I'm not really sure how VCUs acceptance procedure works so they may just go out in batches. Looking at the previous few pages it seemed that on the 2/1 date people received the email at different times.
For the 2/1 date, no one received an email until around 9-10 am the next day (2/2). So there is still a possibility?I'm a current cert student so thats possible. I'm not really sure how VCUs acceptance procedure works so they may just go out in batches. Looking at the previous few pages it seemed that on the 2/1 date people received the email at different times.
@ Chuck, did you go through the same application/interview process as pre-med students, or is the application, separate altogether? Thanks
For the 2/1 date, no one received an email until around 9-10 am the next day (2/2). So there is still a possibility?
@ Chuck, did you go through the same application/interview process as pre-med students, or is the application, separate altogether? Thanks
Also, 2/1 was in the middle of the week where as today is a Friday. We may have to wait till the next business day so maybe Monday?
Previously on Med school Acceptance show.
March 2nd. D-Day at Columbia. I took part in the mass rejections party.
Several days later at Mt. Sinai. I took part in the mass rejection party.
Several other schools had their final days.....Rejected or Waitlisted.
March 16th: VCU D-Day.......Marv Albert Makes an appearance...
!!!!!!!!!RRRREEEEEEEJEEECCCCTT...........
the record skips with an error.. Jargled sound is coming from it.
Lee Corso's sound comes on.
!!!!!!!!!! NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!
!!!!!! ACCEPTED!!!!!
March 2nd. D-Day at Columbia. I took part in the mass rejections party.
Several days later at Mt. Sinai. I took part in the mass rejection party.
Several other schools had their final days.....Rejected or Waitlisted.
March 16th: VCU D-Day.......Marv Albert Makes an appearance...
!!!!!!!!!RRRREEEEEEEJEEECCCCTT...........
the record skips with an error.. Jargled sound is coming from it.
Lee Corso's sound comes on.
!!!!!!!!!! NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!
!!!!!! ACCEPTED!!!!!
well I checked constantly just like everyone else. But I saw a post stating that VCU doesn't post anything until 6pm. I was working at that time and didn't get to check until like 6:08ish and that is when I saw it. I couldn't get on here to post since i was working until now.
Thanks everyone.
Like I said, rejected at multiple places, waitlisted at a few more. Pre-interview rejection at a few. It is a long, expensive and exhaustive process. I truly hope the best for all others waiting and keep your heads up.
Like I said, rejected at multiple places, waitlisted at a few more. Pre-interview rejection at a few. It is a long, expensive and exhaustive process. I truly hope the best for all others waiting and keep your heads up.
So only two people got accepted from SDN yesterday?
Would the people accepted mind posting thier stats and IN or OOS status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got accepted because I got the email asking if I want to do the pre-matriculation coourse in June. They would like an answer by April 1st. Plus I paid my matriculation fee this weekend via the website (they allow you to pay via credit card if you like instead of check from mail. Also they ask for if you are from the military, and ask for how to pronounce your name phonetically.
Not everyone will be on SDN. I myself didn't know about SDN until I had an interview in SUNY Upstate and my interviewer asked me if I was on it. This was in January, afterwards I checked it out and joined. I wish I knew of this website as I would have done things quite differently. With that said, people could be accepted and either do not want to share on here, or they may not even be on here. Plus, this was suppose to be the final group of acceptances, so I imagine they will now see who pays the 100 bucks in the next two weeks, and from there begin to formulate the waitlist and final rejections.
Not everyone will be on SDN. I myself didn't know about SDN until I had an interview in SUNY Upstate and my interviewer asked me if I was on it. This was in January, afterwards I checked it out and joined. I wish I knew of this website as I would have done things quite differently. With that said, people could be accepted and either do not want to share on here, or they may not even be on here. Plus, this was suppose to be the final group of acceptances, so I imagine they will now see who pays the 100 bucks in the next two weeks, and from there begin to formulate the waitlist and final rejections.
Last edited:
Has anybody tried calling the admissions office? My calls won't go through... I'm using the number listed on the website.
okay, finally got through, they said offers went out friday and waitlist will be compiled by april 1 or 2
so on Friday they sent only acceptance/rejections? if you did not hear from them, that means you are waitlisted? Im trying to figure out if i should stay hopeful or not...i didnt get any emails from them.
Only acceptances went out on friday. You will find out if you're waitlisted or rejected on or before April 1st from what I understand.
I know this is a really unpopular question, but is there any way those of you who got accepted can post your stats? Kind of personal, I know, but I'm stressing out here. I'm instate, 3.5 / 37R with all sorts of EC goodies and I just want to know if that's going to make me a fringe applicant as opposed to a sort of middle ground competitor that I originally believed I'd be.
D
deleted261193
i was accepted IS 3.7/33S
Looks like waitlist emails have started. Oh well!
Interviewed 1/26, OOS, 32O, 3.8 c/sGPA
Interviewed 1/26, OOS, 32O, 3.8 c/sGPA
looks like waitlist emails have started. Oh well!
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted as well 🙁 45T 4.0/4.0
+1. Did anyone else select to be put on the alternate list? It said "form" but it was only one button/selection.
Also what are we supposed to do if we dont hear from vcu by may 15 and we already accepted and sent a deposit to another school? Is it like, i can still choose vcu after may 15 but then i lose my deposit to the other school? I just want to know what is actually binding.
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Also what are we supposed to do if we dont hear from vcu by may 15 and we already accepted and sent a deposit to another school? Is it like, i can still choose vcu after may 15 but then i lose my deposit to the other school? I just want to know what is actually binding.
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
- Status
- Not open for further replies.