-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Boston University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
nope no phone...just email. havent checked status, because i lost the link. :/
Search bums in your email 🙂
I haven't gotten anything yet 🙁
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Search bums in your email 🙂
I haven't gotten anything yet 🙁
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
really hope u get in man....u're one of the most genuine (even though neurotic with ur 10k+ posts) applicants on sdn. best of luck!!!
Are these emails from your interviewer or official acceptance emails from their admissions email address?
accepted...won't be going here, but will perhaps help me leverage financial aid.
congrats to all accepted!!!
I just wanted to know what you mean by leveraging financial aid? Can you take the financial aid document given from one school and give it to another and see if they will match it?
My status page hasn't changed and still says "interview complete" even though I was accepted. I think a lot of you will hear on Monday, that's what happened last year. Good luck all!![]()
Good to know! Mine hasn't been updated since last week.
I just wanted to know what you mean by leveraging financial aid? Can you take the financial aid document given from one school and give it to another and see if they will match it?
Yea.
Are these emails from your interviewer or official acceptance emails from their admissions email address?
It was from my interviewer's e-mail address + a phone call from my interviewer.
Accepted!
It was from my interviewer's e-mail address + a phone call from my interviewer.
Thanks and congrats to you all 🙂
How many of you who were accepted got that update your contact info email? none? all?
How many of you who were accepted got that update your contact info email? none? all?
I got it.
Okay good. There is hope for me yet.
How many of you who were accepted got that update your contact info email? none? all?
I think we all got that email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would not read much (if anything) into no contact. Since it seems that the calls/emails are left for the individual interviewers, they may not have time today for everyone.
Looking back at last year's thread, silence on the first day of acceptances does not mean anything.
Looking back at last year's thread, silence on the first day of acceptances does not mean anything.
I would not read much (if anything) into no contact. Since it seems that the calls/emails are left for the individual interviewers, they may not have time today for everyone.
Looking back at last year's thread, silence on the first day of acceptances does not mean anything.
👍
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Acceptance today via snail mail! I live in Boston, so that's probably why the letter came so quickly b/c it was post-marked yesterday...but I definitely didn't get a call today and my status online has not changed from "interview complete" yet, so there is still hope everyone. Good luck all! 🙂
Acceptance today via snail mail! I live in Boston, so that's probably why the letter came so quickly b/c it was post-marked yesterday...but I definitely didn't get a call today and my status online has not changed from "interview complete" yet, so there is still hope everyone. Good luck all! 🙂
30 premeds just spit out whatever they were drinking all over the TV screen, knocked over a buncha ****, ran over there roommates and bolted to their mail boxes.
Acceptance today via snail mail! I live in Boston, so that's probably why the letter came so quickly b/c it was post-marked yesterday...but I definitely didn't get a call today and my status online has not changed from "interview complete" yet, so there is still hope everyone. Good luck all! 🙂
Same thing for me - crazy! I was thinking all day I was deferred or rejected but just checked the mail and had an acceptance letter!
Acceptance today via snail mail! I live in Boston, so that's probably why the letter came so quickly b/c it was post-marked yesterday...but I definitely didn't get a call today and my status online has not changed from "interview complete" yet, so there is still hope everyone. Good luck all! 🙂
Wow interesting. This gives me hope.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
30 premeds just spit out whatever they were drinking all over the TV screen, knocked over a buncha ****, ran over there roommates and bolted to their mail boxes.
I would've done this but I'm at work 🙁
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Received acceptance email at 7pm!
Stats: 35ish 3.8ish
Super excited! Really enjoyed interview day can't wait see more about the school
Edit: Wanted to ad that was EST time zone and interviewed with Dr. Offner.
Hope the information helps your worry warts
Stats: 35ish 3.8ish
Super excited! Really enjoyed interview day can't wait see more about the school
Edit: Wanted to ad that was EST time zone and interviewed with Dr. Offner.
Hope the information helps your worry warts
Last edited:
Received acceptance email at 7pm!
Stats: 35ish 3.8ish
Super excited! Really enjoyed interview day can't wait see more about the school
7pm what time zone?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
did anyone who interviewed with Dr. Schwartz hear back yet?
I interviewed with him in November and I haven't heard back yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed with Dr. Witzburg hear back?
You got to interview with the dean? I'm jealous 🙁
BU would be quirky and send their acceptances by mail, email, OR phone call to mess with neurotic people on SDN. Reflects the awesome nature of Dr. Witzburg. I bet people who interviewed with him will get an acceptance letter delivered by a skydiver with a parachute
😀
😀BU would be quirky and send their acceptances by mail, email, OR phone call to mess with neurotic people on SDN. Reflects the awesome nature of Dr. Witzburg. I bet people who interviewed with him will get an acceptance letter delivered by a skydiver with a parachute![]()
😀
Dean Witzburg is a troll 🤣
Someone make a c/o 2017 Facebook group!
(not it!)
(not it!)
Did anyone who interviewed with Dr. Hayashi receive notification today?
Also had Dr. Hayashi and havent heard anything today...
No rejections yet?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BU would be quirky and send their acceptances by mail, email, OR phone call to mess with neurotic people on SDN. Reflects the awesome nature of Dr. Witzburg. I bet people who interviewed with him will get an acceptance letter delivered by a skydiver with a parachute![]()
😀
LOL. Do you monitor threads for schools that you did not apply to?

It's amusing and impressive that you have the time 😛
Last edited:
Accepted via phone call around 5:30pm yesterday! 🙂 See MDApps for stats. Interviewed with Dr. Safer in late October. Have not yet received email, snail mail, or status update. I really loved BU...here's hoping they come up with some really great financial aid...
Accepted via phone call around 5:30pm yesterday! 🙂 See MDApps for stats. Interviewed with Dr. Safer in late October. Have not yet received email, snail mail, or status update. I really loved BU...here's hoping they come up with some really great financial aid...
By "yesterday" do you mean Thursday? Or Friday?
Accepted today! What a nice surprise! 👍 Good luck to everyone!
Hey congrats man! Haven't seen you around much since April/May.
Hey congrats man! Haven't seen you around much since April/May.
Thanks man! Been really busy with work and SDN gets too crazy for me most of the time. How've you been? Hope you've had some good news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred this morning.
Although I do not anticipate going here (since I was accepted at my state school), I accepted the deferral--if they offer me some miracle of a financial aid package, BU will be back under consideration. 👍😀
med schools defer? and i dont think finanacial aid will be that great... they are known for being notoriously expensive.
med schools defer? and i dont think finanacial aid will be that great... they are known for being notoriously expensive.
Haven't you interviewed here? They do interviews in two rounds, and those interviewed in the first round who are not accepted or rejected are deferred until March.
I recognize the chances of my financial aid package (if accepted, of course) being substantial in any way are very, very small, but there's a chance--and I've come a long way to get here, so I don't want to leave behind any opportunities. My background also helps, given that some schools have support for public health students/professionals as well.
(I should note that I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm any more special or qualified than anyone else--everyone I interviewed with and everyone here seems INCREDIBLY qualified with really impressive experiences, stories, and skills, so I would guess any merit-based aid would go to many others first. I just want to keep my options as open as possible in the small chance that someone feels like I should be given some sort of grant or scholarship 😀 )
Deferred this morning.
Although I do not anticipate going here (since I was accepted at my state school), I accepted the deferral--if they offer me some miracle of a financial aid package, BU will be back under consideration. 👍😀
Same.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

