-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Boston University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone hear from Dr. Ananthakrishnan yet? Feel like everyone still waiting is probably waitlist/rejection
hopefully not 🙁 I think last year people were getting accepted until the 31st of March still
There have only been a handful of acceptances posted here. So, either pre-meds have suddenly become shy about posting acceptances, BU has drastically down-sized their class size, or they have a lot of acceptances left to send out. I'm banking on the latter

Guys... Don't any of you look at last years threads? Or even the acceptances in January? BU gives the info about accepted students to the interviewers and it is at their discretion whether or not to contact the students. Many of them don't do anything with the info. Then, after a few days the official university emails go out and everyone finds out their status, good bad or neutral.
Calm down people!
Calm down people!
Guys... Don't any of you look at last years threads? Or even the acceptances in January? BU gives the info about accepted students to the interviewers and it is at their discretion whether or not to contact the students. Many of them don't do anything with the info. Then, after a few days the official university emails go out and everyone finds out their status, good bad or neutral.
Calm down people!
Good to know.
Thanks Dr. Beard Face
Guys... Don't any of you look at last years threads? Or even the acceptances in January? BU gives the info about accepted students to the interviewers and it is at their discretion whether or not to contact the students. Many of them don't do anything with the info. Then, after a few days the official university emails go out and everyone finds out their status, good bad or neutral.
Calm down people!
lol... do you know when that "official university email" goes out 😀
Anyone hear about MD/PhD decisions?
lol... do you know when that "official university email" goes out 😀
Based on previous years and January, snail mail and status updates should come out tomorrow or Friday. Can't promise anything since I'm not on the ad com, I just think people should stop posting despaired posts about their unsubstantiated theories that make others panic!
Based on previous years and January, snail mail and status updates should come out tomorrow or Friday. Can't promise anything since I'm not on the ad com, I just think people should stop posting despaired posts about their unsubstantiated theories that make others panic!
👍
Based on previous years and January, snail mail and status updates should come out tomorrow or Friday. Can't promise anything since I'm not on the ad com, I just think people should stop posting despaired posts about their unsubstantiated theories that make others panic!
that in itself is causing me to panic lol
does anyone know if lectures are mandatory or podcasted here?
D
deleted518368
Lectures are podcasted and not mandatory.
How much time do you have to spend working in small groups? The curriculum web site said they were "increasing" this aspect of the curriculum but didn't say to what degree.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard any recent decisions? Acceptances/Rejections/Wait-list/Anything?🙂
There is an PBL component to the preclinical curriculum called Integrated Problems, which meets once per week and is mandatory. The are also breakout review/lab/discussion sessions throughout the first 2 years but those aren't mandatory though most students find them very helpful. Not sure what they have in mind about increasing small group-based learning, though I will say the attitude is generally let students learn how they learn. Meaning, those who learn well in small group formats tend to form small groups, which is certainly encouraged, while those learn best holed up in the library are free to do that.
Just received the waitlist e-mail. This one hurt. 🙁
Waitlisted via status update e-mail.
just received the waitlist e-mail. This one hurt. 🙁
+2
Waitlisted via status update e-mail.
Samsies
I was lazy and didn't update anything I've been doing (or any grades I've gotten) after getting into my much much cheaper state school, so I don't blame them. But I'm still a little butt-hurt after paying $$ for their MAMS program 🙄
ACCEPTED!!!!! SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! it's amazing how hard you work for this moment and when it finally comes it doesn't even feel real. 🙂🙂🙂
Just received the 'official' acceptance email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yayyyyyyy ACCEPTEDDDDDDDD!!!!! (via email!)
Trust me, the waitlist is huge with few post interview rejections.
Really? During the interview day Dean Witzburg emphasized that the waitlist was as small as they could make it.
I got rejected post-interview anyways, not too upset since I wasn't super keen on the school.
Rejected post-interview. Sent them an update email after interviewing in mid-January, but I guess I didn't make the cut. I didn't feel too hot about my interview but I had my fingers crossed anyway. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else!
Really? During the interview day Dean Witzburg emphasized that the waitlist was as small as they could make it.
I got rejected post-interview anyways, not too upset since I wasn't super keen on the school.
I applied to BU last cycle as an international and was waitlisted. Dug up some old threads and the consensus among people was that the waitlist was into the hundreds. Glad that I didn't apply to BU this cycle as I am sure I would have been waitlisted again. Not that it matters anyway.
Sorry to hear about your rejection though. It really sucks being an international. I completely empathize.
yayyyyyyy ACCEPTEDDDDDDDD!!!!! (via email!)
Go Bears!
Congrats!!!Those who got waitlisted, did you get a confirmation email after confirming your spot?
Nope i didnt!
Nope i didnt!
ok, the email said we should, so just checking that it wasn't just me
I still haven't received a decision yet after being deferred in January...anyone else in my situation?
this is probably a good sign...hang in there bud.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got waitlisted 🙁
Does anyone know how many people they accepted this year? and how many people were put on the wait list?
BU's waitlist hasn't moved in years. Doubt this will change this year. My money is on 200 waitlists.
@Current BUSM students: Is there any internal ranking done for the preclinical years for purposes such as AOA? Or is the grading strictly Pass/Fail unranked? In other words, will residency programs see any difference between a student with a 71% average on exams and a student with an average of 99% or do they only see the "Pass"?
I got waitlisted 🙁
Does anyone know how many people they accepted this year? and how many people were put on the wait list?
There's not much wait list movement here. Straight from the horse's mouth. And by horse I mean Dean Witzburg
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K