You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congrats partner. I tell you what, perhaps our paths will meet in Omaha.
Thank you! After all the ups and downs of the application cycle, it's hard to imagine we all have to wait almost an entire year to get going on this! I want to start next week!
i received the nicest email from creighton confirming that they had received my acceptance withdrawal - this is the only withdrawal email i've received but wow, this is SUCH a friendly admissions office! congrats to everyone who ends up going here.
why didn't you wait until financial packages were awarded before withdrawing? it probably would have increased your chances of getting aid from mcw, or wherever else you're going to attend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bc I have no intention of going here and I don't want to hold a spot that could go to someone else right away. And I don't have $100 to spend for something useless right now even if its refundablewhy didn't you wait until financial packages were awarded before withdrawing? it probably would have increased your chances of getting aid from mcw, or wherever else you're going to attend.
Exactly one week for me. I'm on west coast.
Exactly one week for me. I'm on west coast.
Took eight days for me in Washington. Kinda scared me since they give us 10 days to respond.
Sent from my iPod using SDN Mobile app. Please excuse the typos.
Exactly one week for me. I'm on west coast.
I'm right next door in Iowa, so unless they send the letter by Pony Express, I think I should have it in a day or two. Can't wait! That letter definitely deserves a place of honor on the fridge!

Took eight days for me in Washington. Kinda scared me since they give us 10 days to respond.
Sent from my iPod using SDN Mobile app. Please excuse the typos.
Hopefully that was 10 days from the day you received the letter!?
2dogs - they made a decision on my file 11/1, the letter was dated 11/6 and I got the letter on 11/9 (in Chicago)
Hahahaha so I just randomly remembered how one of you guys on my interview (eyes on you 1289 or Errant) opened the door to a closet in the hospital, thinking it was the hallway door. And I am dying hahahaha 😀 who was that?!
haha i do remember that. it broke some of that awkward/nervous tension. wasn't me though. on this interview day I was still dealing with an open cut right under my nose from a spill I took running a few days before. combined with the Neosporin I had layered on it, it basically looked like a booger, super attractive. i was trying to remain inconspicuous 😉Hahahaha so I just randomly remembered how one of you guys on my interview (eyes on you 1289 or Errant) opened the door to a closet in the hospital, thinking it was the hallway door. And I am dying hahahaha 😀 who was that?!
2dogs - they made a decision on my file 11/1, the letter was dated 11/6 and I got the letter on 11/9 (in Chicago)
Thanks! Can't wait to have that letter in-hand! I'm not sure acceptance will feel real until that moment.
my student host told me the Phoenix program is really popular, esp bc a lot of students come from warmer states and want to get out of Omaha by the third year. i'm sure it's also a lot more diverse there.I'm about to send in my deposit and am wondering about what clinical site to choose: Omaha or Phoenix. Any insight as to which one offers better clinical training, where most students choose to go? Thanks
also i'm sure you know this, but keep in mind that indicating your interest in it now is no guarantee of anything, since only ~25 (i think) students get to go there
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about to send in my deposit and am wondering about what clinical site to choose: Omaha or Phoenix. Any insight as to which one offers better clinical training, where most students choose to go? Thanks
The advice I was given was to select the Phoenix campus because it gets overbooked, and then it's easy to get the Omaha campus if you decide you'd prefer it.
II yesterday! 31, 3.6, OOS. Here I come Omaha!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
I'm non-traditional, BA religion then Jesuit Volunteer Corps for two years, then indie post-bac course work.
I'm really hoping for here or SLU. However, my MCAT score was no bueno (8-9-9 = 26). (Religion BA GPA: 3.74, Post-Bac GPA: 3.82) My app is very strong w/ com-service, shadowing, clinical volunteering, etc, but weak with numbers^. I'm low confidence of getting in anywhere this cycle.
My 2º for CU was completed 10/29....
Can anyone comment on:
- How long it took from complete 2º to notification of interview invitation?
- Has anyone with a lower (25-28) MCAT been invited for an interview yet?
- Is there a typical day of the weak that notifications are sent out?
Thanks!
I'm really hoping for here or SLU. However, my MCAT score was no bueno (8-9-9 = 26). (Religion BA GPA: 3.74, Post-Bac GPA: 3.82) My app is very strong w/ com-service, shadowing, clinical volunteering, etc, but weak with numbers^. I'm low confidence of getting in anywhere this cycle.
My 2º for CU was completed 10/29....
Can anyone comment on:
- How long it took from complete 2º to notification of interview invitation?
- Has anyone with a lower (25-28) MCAT been invited for an interview yet?
- Is there a typical day of the weak that notifications are sent out?
Thanks!
Last edited:
I'm non-traditional, BA religion then Jesuit Volunteer Corps for two years, then indie post-bac course work.
I'm really hoping for here or SLU. However, my MCAT score was no bueno (8-9-9 = 26). (Religion BA GPA: 3.74, Post-Bac GPA: 3.82) My app is very strong w/ com-service, shadowing, clinical volunteering, etc, but weak with numbers^. I'm low confidence of getting in anywhere this cycle.
My 2º for CU was completed 10/29....
Can anyone comment on:
- How long it took from complete 2º to notification of interview invitation?
- Has anyone with a lower (25-28) MCAT been invited for an interview yet?
- Is there a typical day of the weak that notifications are sent out?
Thanks!
Creighton tends to accept people with lower MCAT scores, as long as the rest of their app is good. I know at least one person in my class who got a 26 (on their second attempt) and several people who are in the 27-28 range. Completing your secondary so late is going to decrease your chances though. Also, it will probably take a while for them to make a decision on your application due to the holiday associated breaks coming up.
Alrighty. Thanks for your honest insight!Creighton tends to accept people with lower MCAT scores, as long as the rest of their app is good. I know at least one person in my class who got a 26 (on their second attempt) and several people who are in the 27-28 range. Completing your secondary so late is going to decrease your chances though. Also, it will probably take a while for them to make a decision on your application due to the holiday associated breaks coming up.
Has anyone got an ii recently? 

Has anyone got an ii recently?![]()
I got the II last week and available dates were for January
I got the II last week and available dates were for January
II last week. Scheduled for Friday January 11!
When were you complete?
Thanks for the info. I was complete on 10/19 so hopefully my secondary will be reviewed soon. Please, please Creighton...II me soon.
Last edited:
Did anyone have a "No" under their Letters Meets Req. section???? I just noticed this but my letters do meet Creighton's requirements 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P
patrickj
Interviewed 10/27... hoping to hear some good news this week! this waiting is painful!
My application was reviewed but no interview invite was sent but neither was a rejection. Essentially, my application was put on hold. Should I take this as a rejection??? Anyway to get my application off hold and an II???
THANKS!
Why would you take this as a rejection? It just means they didn't see anything spectacular at this point. Maybe send them an update to make them know you are serious about the school.
Sent from my iPod using SDN Mobile app. Please excuse the typos.
My application was reviewed but no interview invite was sent but neither was a rejection. Essentially, my application was put on hold. Should I take this as a rejection??? Anyway to get my application off hold and an II???
THANKS!
How do you know your application was reviewed? Did you call them or did you get a change on your status page?
Anyone interviewing this Friday?
P
patrickj
its been exactly 4 weeks since the 10/27 interviews.... probably won't see the letters disappear until after thursday this week or next week right?!? going crazy here
I think that you just have to wait it out. They will send out another batch of interviews at the end of Jan. Also, they will send out a big batch of rejections at the end of Dec.I called and that is what the admissions counselor said..I will probably write a letter of intent but other than that just wait it out. My status never changed and it had been 2 months since I went complete.
I know. checking my letters daily...
P
patrickj
I know. checking my letters daily...
good luck tinkerbelle! hopefull we hear some good news soon!!
P
patrickj
waitlist. Bummed! hopefully some good news in the spring
I think that you just have to wait it out. They will send out another batch of interviews at the end of Jan. Also, they will send out a big batch of rejections at the end of Dec.
So creighton will not send out any interview invites until the END OF JAN? 😱
waitlist. Bummed! hopefully some good news in the spring
I am too nervous to call...
P
patrickj
I am too nervous to call...
haha yeah i was pretty nervous too, but its alright. i'm sure you are fine! good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone have a "No" under their Letters Meets Req. section???? I just noticed this but my letters do meet Creighton's requirements 😕
That happened to me. I called the office and Gina took care of it. Good luck!
I can't wait until January for Creighton's ii. If someone gets one please post! Thank you.👍
I just got an ii 2 weeks ago and was complete beginning of August! All hope is not lost 🙂 I highly suggest doing the open door thing on Thursday. I called like once a month and FINALLY got an invite!I can't wait until January for Creighton's ii. If someone gets one please post! Thank you.👍
I just got an ii 2 weeks ago and was complete beginning of August! All hope is not lost 🙂 I highly suggest doing the open door thing on Thursday. I called like once a month and FINALLY got an invite!
You called once a month and said what? Did you give them updates?
well i guess i called them twice total and asked them what i need to work on in my application and did what they told me and sent them an update!You called once a month and said what? Did you give them updates?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K