You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
FYI - I received my background request from Creighton today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI - I received my background request from Creighton today.
Hmm... I was accepted and haven't gotten one. Anyone else in the same situation?
4
477552
Happy new year! Just wanted to wish the January interviewees luck. I'll be there with you guys and fingers crossed! Let's hope for good news all around.
And if you're waiting for an II, don't give up hope... definitely call and speak to someone about your file. I think calling and sending letters of update/interest helped me a lot. Good luck!
And if you're waiting for an II, don't give up hope... definitely call and speak to someone about your file. I think calling and sending letters of update/interest helped me a lot. Good luck!
Hmm... I was accepted and haven't gotten one. Anyone else in the same situation?
Yep.
Hey, I am not sure if this question has been asked in this tread but someone here definitely knows something.
Creighton has a special requirement on their website that you MUST take the mcat the same year that you will be applying. I found this very strange as a requirement. I haven't seen this in other med schools.
Does anyone here knows about this??
Creighton has a special requirement on their website that you MUST take the mcat the same year that you will be applying. I found this very strange as a requirement. I haven't seen this in other med schools.
Does anyone here knows about this??
Hey, I am not sure if this question has been asked in this tread but someone here definitely knows something.
Creighton has a special requirement on their website that you MUST take the mcat the same year that you will be applying. I found this very strange as a requirement. I haven't seen this in other med schools.
Does anyone here knows about this??
you must have read this wrong. My applicant has been complete since Sept and I took my MCAT in 2011.
Hey, I am not sure if this question has been asked in this tread but someone here definitely knows something.
Creighton has a special requirement on their website that you MUST take the mcat the same year that you will be applying. I found this very strange as a requirement. I haven't seen this in other med schools.
Does anyone here knows about this??
Unless that is new this cycle, there was probably a typo or something. Can you post the link where you saw that?
Accepted today!! Interviewed on 11/16. Good luck to you guys still waiting to hear back!
Anyone make a Facebook group yet?!
Complete 7/10 and have not heard anything yet. I uploaded some updates on their website in December. I wonder what is going on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the admissions office said they will begin to review apps again for ii's starting this week. not sure if that helps.
Interviewed Friday. Very impressed and would love to go here!
Congrats on getting an interview. I know I loved the school when I interviewed. Everyone there just seems so nice!
heyo folks, I'm on the alternate list here and I'm trying to find out were my certiphi background check was requested from - any other alternates here get a background check?
Ignore me - I just found out you can call certiphi and they'll tell ya - didn't get it from here
Ignore me - I just found out you can call certiphi and they'll tell ya - didn't get it from here
Did you get it from UNMC? Because I'm wondering about that myself. Did you call them?
Yeah I got in at UNMC - I received an acceptance in the mail
Yeah I got in at UNMC - I received an acceptance in the mail
Congratulations!!! Thanks for the reply!
Interviewed 11/30, hope to hear something back this week or next!
Complete 11/27. I haven't received email yet, but I just logged into my app on the Creighton site and had an II waiting! 35O, 3.4 undergrad, 3.9 MS. Excited to interview on Feb 1st! Not looking forward to the 2 month wait afterwards...I'm going to go batty. Already going nuts 2 weeks after my UNMC interview.
Complete 11/27. I haven't received email yet, but I just logged into my app on the Creighton site and had an II waiting! 35O, 3.4 undergrad, 3.9 MS. Excited to interview on Feb 1st! Not looking forward to the 2 month wait afterwards...I'm going to go batty. Already going nuts 2 weeks after my UNMC interview.
I just did this and had one too, thanks for posting this
Me too!! I'll be there Feb 1st as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just did this and had one too, thanks for posting this
When were you complete?
September
September
Thanks! The person who posted above you was complete in November and I was complete in October, so I wanted to know if I had been silently rejected.
ii tonight, complete October
Shoot. No II here. My MD chances are getting slimmer and slimmer each day. Really thought I had an ok shot here, just have to keep hoping.
After one very pricey plane ticket I will be attending an interview on February 8th.
I'll be the one who looks dead from jetlag ;_;
I'll be the one who looks dead from jetlag ;_;
Last edited:
After one very pricey plane ticket I will be attending an interview on February 15th.
I'll be the one who looks dead from jetlag ;_;
Are you really flying in from Scotland?
Hi everyone, I interviewed 11/9 and was put on "hold" 12/14 and asked to send an update of my service experiences. I sent in a document in less than a week detailing recent experiences... haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat or know what the deal is with applications on hold? Thanks!
Are you really flying in from Scotland?
Woops. Feb. 8th I meant.
And yes, yes I am flying from Scotland.
Woops. Feb. 8th I meant.
And yes, yes I am flying from Scotland.
Wow, good luck! Quite a long way to fly for an interview.
Wow, good luck! Quite a long way to fly for an interview.
Thanks 🙂
This school is worth it 👍
Hi everyone, I interviewed 11/9 and was put on "hold" 12/14 and asked to send an update of my service experiences. I sent in a document in less than a week detailing recent experiences... haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat or know what the deal is with applications on hold? Thanks!
I had the same thing done with my application. I thought I was done for, but I took a lot of time and care in filling out what they wanted, and got in. They got back to me within the week. Good luck.
Hi everyone. do you think they are done sending this round of II outs after going over apps this week? i called in to see the status of my app and they lady said it was still being actively considered for interviews... what do you think this means? Do you think there is still a chance to get an invite or is this just a delayed rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. do you think they are done sending this round of II outs after going over apps this week? i called in to see the status of my app and they lady said it was still being actively considered for interviews... what do you think this means? Do you think there is still a chance to get an invite or is this just a delayed rejection?
I called the other day and was told nothing.. did you speak to a counselor though? I'm kicking myself for missing the open door today.
Thanks for your response.. good to know the "hold" thing turned out well for someone! I'm guessing a decision on my application is taking a while because of the holidays.I had the same thing done with my application. I thought I was done for, but I took a lot of time and care in filling out what they wanted, and got in. They got back to me within the week. Good luck.
interviewed 11/16. letters disappeared on 1/10 and i just got my acceptance today (dated 1/14)!!!
Thanks for your response.. good to know the "hold" thing turned out well for someone! I'm guessing a decision on my application is taking a while because of the holidays.
No problem. I received my HOLD email on a Friday, wrote out my answers that afternoon, reread them on Sunday, and sent them off. That must have either been the 7th or the 14th when they sent the initial email, and my letter of acceptance was dated the 21st. So, before the holidays and the break they had. I guess it has been some time since they came back from the break, and I do not mean to make you worry, but I'm sure if they didn't want you, they would have rejected you already.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
