2012-2013 East Carolina University (Brody) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called the admissions office for my file status and they said they're in the middle of making final decisions so everyone will hear back in the next 2-3 weeks. SO NERVOUS!
Called today as well and that is exactly what they told me! Hoping to hear good news from them! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Two to three more weeks!!
 
Received a rejection letter in the mail today. Pretty down about it. Thought I had a decent chance. Interviewed on Jan 16th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone who's anxiously waiting for a decision like myself! 🙂 I asked the admission committe about updates and they said they're making final decisions for everyone in the next few days and to expect to hear something next week. (Guess we won't have to wait that extra third week!)
 
Hey everyone who's anxiously waiting for a decision like myself! 🙂 I asked the admission committe about updates and they said they're making final decisions for everyone in the next few days and to expect to hear something next week. (Guess we won't have to wait that extra third week!)

YIKES! Thanks for letting us know!
 
87 offers as of today. So one more. Hopefully they haven't made their "final decisions" for all of us yet haha
 
Made six offers today.

As of February 1, 2013, we have .....

Received 884 AMCAS applications
Received 715 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 463 applicants
Made 86 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)

87 offers as of today. So one more. Hopefully they haven't made their "final decisions" for all of us yet haha

As of March 1, 2013, we have .....

Received 884 AMCAS applications
Received 715 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 463 applicants
Made 87 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)


Commentary (based on nothing): No interviews in month of February. Probably see a lot of offers this up coming week (and a lot more rejections), maybe 20ish. I think we'll see more people chosen off the alternate list during April and May (10ish). :scared:
 
Brody hasn't updated their website (and they probably won't until the 15th), but I think notifications have been sent out. Two people I know of got acceptance letters today..

Best of luck everyone!
 
I was accepted on Monday and am SO HAPPY!!! The acceptances (and the rejections) come in regular, standad size envelopes by the way... so don't freak out like I did if you don't get a huge envelope.

I can't wait to meet everyone and start school! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope more of us SDNer's get in.
 
I was accepted on Monday and am SO HAPPY!!! The acceptances (and the rejections) come in regular, standad size envelopes by the way... so don't freak out like I did if you don't get a huge envelope.

I can't wait to meet everyone and start school! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope more of us SDNer's get in.

congrats! thanks for the info about the envelope, it may prevent/delay a heart attack. Still waiting for my news- wonder if they did acceptances first, or if it's just taking them a few days to get through everyone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted on Monday and am SO HAPPY!!! The acceptances (and the rejections) come in regular, standad size envelopes by the way... so don't freak out like I did if you don't get a huge envelope.

I can't wait to meet everyone and start school! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope more of us SDNer's get in.
Congrats! do you mind sharing your interview date?
 
hey guys, I got the acceptance letter yesterday.

Interviewed on 9/12, let me know if anyone has any questions.
 
Last edited:
Just spoke to someone in the admissions office- no final decision has been made on my file, and there are still seats left, so I guess they're still meeting. There's hope for us yet!
 
Just got this in an email:

"Unfortunately, the large number of qualified applicants for our small number of openings prevents us from extending an offer at this time. Therefore, I am writing to offer you a position in our Alternate pool (wait list) for the 2013-entering class."

Seems they're sending out some decisions today...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got this in an email:

"Unfortunately, the large number of qualified applicants for our small number of openings prevents us from extending an offer at this time. Therefore, I am writing to offer you a position in our Alternate pool (wait list) for the 2013-entering class."

Seems they're sending out some decisions today...

Same here. Is this the same as a waitlist?
 
Thought you guys may find it interesting that ecu has a higher step average than unc and wake according to usNWR.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.