You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Florida International University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Can't beat living in Miami either...
Boca is cheaper and just as nice 😉 and a 20 min drive away from Miami. New Orleans comes in second. Awesome place.
Boca is cheaper and just as nice 😉 and a 20 min drive away from Miami. New Orleans comes in second. Awesome place.
You can get from Boca to Miami in 20 min? I salute your piloting skills.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can get from Boca to Miami in 20 min? I salute your piloting skills.
Actually that was a typo meant to type 40 mins that is the fastest I have done it.
According to last year's thread, they could start sending out invites this week. Good luck everyone!
I hope so!!! two weeks since my submission and counting 🙂
Can't beat living in Miami either...
Trafficccccccc
.
Last edited:
I called admissions......couldn't take the wait anymore....and I asked when they might be sending out IIs. They said in about a week.
Good to know. Thank you!
Has anyone been stuck in the Secondary Complete status for more than 3 weeks?
Been stuck in the secondary complete status for more than 3 weeks. Cant wait to hear back from them!!!
Congrats you guys 🙂
Do you mind telling me if by complete, you mean the "secondary application complete" status or the "preliminary review complete" one?
Do you mind telling me if by complete, you mean the "secondary application complete" status or the "preliminary review complete" one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my secondary was complete on 8/1, prelim review complete 8/5Congrats you guys 🙂
Do you mind telling me if by complete, you mean the "secondary application complete" status or the "preliminary review complete" one?
Interview invite. Complete 7/18, IS
Last edited:
Darn. Looks like I may have missed it...Congrats to you all though 🙂
The only dates I saw were 9/10, 14, 21Congrats on all the interviews! When are the earliest dates available to schedule? I will be in the Miami area next month and I was wondering if it would be worth it to shoot them an "in the area" email.
the only dates i saw were 9/10, 14, 21
+1
The only dates I saw were 9/10, 14, 21
Thanks for the info guys, and good luck in those interviews

Interview finally! My first one!!
"finally". An August invite is pretty early. Congrats though!Congrats to others who also got the invite as well. Just really be yourself during the interview. We have a lot of personality here, so don't be convinced by friends or classmates that you have to stay in your shell for all medical interviews (though you still need to come across as professional and mature).
For those still waiting I'd recommend a lot of patience. I interviewed in fall and got off of the waitlist in the winter, but most peole that were waitlisted didn't get off until much later. We interviewed through winter, so it's still very early.
Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!!!
Did anyone who received this wonderful news have on their status "Preliminary Review Completed" prior to getting an invitation?
Did anyone who received this wonderful news have on their status "Preliminary Review Completed" prior to getting an invitation?
my preliminary review was completed about 10 days before my interview inviteCongrats to everyone who got interviews!!!!
Did anyone who received this wonderful news have on their status "Preliminary Review Completed" prior to getting an invitation?
Yep. I got the "secondary application completed" on July 18th, still no updates.Has anyone been stuck in the Secondary Complete status for more than 3 weeks?
.
Last edited:
my preliminary review was completed about 10 days before my interview invite
Thanks you!!! So there is still hope for me!!! 🙂 maybe I'll get good news in a few days!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People with interview invites, do you mind sharing your stats???
I think last Thursday was the first day they were inviting, so it`s still incredibly early! i`m sure you`ll get your invite soon, good luck!!!Thanks you!!! So there is still hope for me!!! 🙂 maybe I'll get good news in a few days!
Thanks for sharing!! Good luck!!
Hi all - New to the Forum/Website - got an interview invite at FIU with significantly lower numbers than you guys (3.3GPA/34OMCAT). Wondering where everyone did their undergrads and what sort of other experience people have?
Last edited:
I would hardly consider your stats significantly lower, and your MCAT is above FIUs median! I dont want to reveal too much, but I am an undergrad at UF with 1.5yrs plus 2 summers of research, lots of shadowing, moderate clinical volunteering, and other random ECsHi all - New to the Forum/Website - got an interview invite at FIU with significantly lower numbers than you guys (3.3GPA/34OMCAT). Wondering where everyone did their undergrads and what sort of other experience people have?
Thanks for the response - is it risky to divulge too much here?
I'm a nontraditional - Military Academy grad but joined the Peace Corps afterwards - It's def not my GPA that caught anyone's attention, but maybe because Peace Corp's mission so closely aligns with FIU'S they are willing to look past that...
Good luck to everyone - I interview on the 10th -
I'm a nontraditional - Military Academy grad but joined the Peace Corps afterwards - It's def not my GPA that caught anyone's attention, but maybe because Peace Corp's mission so closely aligns with FIU'S they are willing to look past that...
Good luck to everyone - I interview on the 10th -
Thanks for the response - is it risky to divulge too much here?
I'm a nontraditional - Military Academy grad but joined the Peace Corps afterwards - It's def not my GPA that caught anyone's attention, but maybe because Peace Corp's mission so closely aligns with FIU'S they are willing to look past that...
Good luck to everyone - I interview on the 10th -
Congrats on your interview! I wouldn't worry too much about your stats at this point; you actually have a well above MCAT for FIU. Just talk about your interest for community health and preferably make a connection to South Florida. It's not a terribly stressful interview btw.
So I'm confused about the secondary.
It's 1200 characters total, or 1200 characters per question?
Also a previous post seemed to imply the question counts toward the total character count, is that a correct interpretation?
Thanks guys
Per question and do not include the question in the character count.
Per question and do not include the question in the character count.
Gracias, amigo.
Thank you 🙂
To those who received interview invites already, did you all apply to the EDP?
Also, congrats!!
Also, congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeh I was regular tooTo those who received interview invites already, did you all apply to the EDP?
Also, congrats!!
Does anyone know when FIU starts sending out rejections?
Interview invite!!! Im the happiest person ever!!!! just fyi, calls come in from an unknown number!!! =)
- Status
- Not open for further replies.