2012-2013 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't beat living in Miami either...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions......couldn't take the wait anymore....and I asked when they might be sending out IIs. They said in about a week.

INTERVIEW INVITE!!! Completed 8/5 :D

+1! Complete early August, OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats you guys :)

Do you mind telling me if by complete, you mean the "secondary application complete" status or the "preliminary review complete" one?

Congrats you guys :)

Do you mind telling me if by complete, you mean the "secondary application complete" status or the "preliminary review complete" one?
my secondary was complete on 8/1, prelim review complete 8/5

Interview invite. Complete 7/18, IS

Last edited:
Darn. Looks like I may have missed it...Congrats to you all though :)

Congrats on all the interviews! When are the earliest dates available to schedule? I will be in the Miami area next month and I was wondering if it would be worth it to shoot them an "in the area" email.

Congrats on all the interviews! When are the earliest dates available to schedule? I will be in the Miami area next month and I was wondering if it would be worth it to shoot them an "in the area" email.
The only dates I saw were 9/10, 14, 21

Interview finally! My first one!!

:laugh: "finally". An August invite is pretty early. Congrats though!

Congrats to others who also got the invite as well. Just really be yourself during the interview. We have a lot of personality here, so don't be convinced by friends or classmates that you have to stay in your shell for all medical interviews (though you still need to come across as professional and mature).

For those still waiting I'd recommend a lot of patience. I interviewed in fall and got off of the waitlist in the winter, but most peole that were waitlisted didn't get off until much later. We interviewed through winter, so it's still very early.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!!!

Did anyone who received this wonderful news have on their status "Preliminary Review Completed" prior to getting an invitation?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!!!

Did anyone who received this wonderful news have on their status "Preliminary Review Completed" prior to getting an invitation?
my preliminary review was completed about 10 days before my interview invite

People with interview invites, do you mind sharing your stats???

Thanks you!!! So there is still hope for me!!! :) maybe I'll get good news in a few days!
I think last Thursday was the first day they were inviting, so it`s still incredibly early! i`m sure you`ll get your invite soon, good luck!!!

Hi all - New to the Forum/Website - got an interview invite at FIU with significantly lower numbers than you guys (3.3GPA/34OMCAT). Wondering where everyone did their undergrads and what sort of other experience people have?

Last edited:
Hi all - New to the Forum/Website - got an interview invite at FIU with significantly lower numbers than you guys (3.3GPA/34OMCAT). Wondering where everyone did their undergrads and what sort of other experience people have?
I would hardly consider your stats significantly lower, and your MCAT is above FIUs median! I dont want to reveal too much, but I am an undergrad at UF with 1.5yrs plus 2 summers of research, lots of shadowing, moderate clinical volunteering, and other random ECs

Thanks for the response - is it risky to divulge too much here?

I'm a nontraditional - Military Academy grad but joined the Peace Corps afterwards - It's def not my GPA that caught anyone's attention, but maybe because Peace Corp's mission so closely aligns with FIU'S they are willing to look past that...

Good luck to everyone - I interview on the 10th -

Thanks for the response - is it risky to divulge too much here?

I'm a nontraditional - Military Academy grad but joined the Peace Corps afterwards - It's def not my GPA that caught anyone's attention, but maybe because Peace Corp's mission so closely aligns with FIU'S they are willing to look past that...

Good luck to everyone - I interview on the 10th -

Congrats on your interview! I wouldn't worry too much about your stats at this point; you actually have a well above MCAT for FIU. Just talk about your interest for community health and preferably make a connection to South Florida. It's not a terribly stressful interview btw.

So I'm confused about the secondary.

It's 1200 characters total, or 1200 characters per question?

Also a previous post seemed to imply the question counts toward the total character count, is that a correct interpretation?

Thanks guys

So I'm confused about the secondary.

It's 1200 characters total, or 1200 characters per question?

Also a previous post seemed to imply the question counts toward the total character count, is that a correct interpretation?

Thanks guys

Per question and do not include the question in the character count.

To those who received interview invites already, did you all apply to the EDP?

Also, congrats!!

No I applied regular, and judging by the amount of IIs, I'd guess the majority have been regular

Does anyone know when FIU starts sending out rejections?

Interview invite!!! Im the happiest person ever!!!! just fyi, calls come in from an unknown number!!! =)

congrats redriddinghood8.I received an interview today as well but through email.My interview is September 24

Status
Not open for further replies.