You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Harvard Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I recall seeing mostly skirt suits, I think. I don't explicitly recall not seeing any pant suits, but I was pretty nervous and not paying very close attention to what the other interviewees were wearing 🙂. For us men, it's pretty straightforward.
I observed the same.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/11. Interview invite...?
Never forget.
I recall seeing mostly skirt suits, I think. I don't explicitly recall not seeing any pant suits, but I was pretty nervous and not paying very close attention to what the other interviewees were wearing 🙂. For us men, it's pretty straightforward.
thank you! 🙂
For those of you who have already interviewed did the day run past 5PM? I am trying to book my flight and unfortunately there are no flights that I need flying out of Boston Logan International Airport past 6:45ish.
I wanted to know if it is possible to make it despite the caution on the website suggesting that all candidates book flights after 7:30PM.
I wanted to know if it is possible to make it despite the caution on the website suggesting that all candidates book flights after 7:30PM.
For those of you who have already interviewed did the day run past 5PM? I am trying to book my flight and unfortunately there are no flights that I need flying out of Boston Logan International Airport past 6:45ish.
I wanted to know if it is possible to make it despite the caution on the website suggesting that all candidates book flights after 7:30PM.
It's doable. Assuming you want to be at Logan an hour before your flight leaves (it's a small airport), you could get a cab from Longwood and be there with time to spare.
Is Harvard receptive to 'in the area' emails? I sent one to Columbia this morning and got an II three hours later, so I'm a little amped right now. From a quick google search and a look on their FAQs page, I couldn't find anything condoning or advising against it. My trip out to the East Coast will be the 14th-26th of October, so trying to finalize plans soon.
Did you end up sending Harvard the In the Area email? Just wondering you did and whether you heard back from them? Thanks!
Did you end up sending Harvard the In the Area email? Just wondering you did and whether you heard back from them? Thanks!
I did send them one. No reply yet though (fingers crossed). I sent it to [email protected]. Hopefully that's the right place for such things.
Was anyone able to complete the application without clicking on NP or the Harvard/MIT research checkbox? I could have sworn the secondary forced you to click one of them to proceed, so I just clicked the NP. I wasn't particularly interested in it, but I thought I was forced to choose one or the other.
Was anyone able to complete the application without clicking on NP or the Harvard/MIT research checkbox? I could have sworn the secondary forced you to click one of them to proceed, so I just clicked the NP. I wasn't particularly interested in it, but I thought I was forced to choose one or the other.
Their MD program is split into two tracks: NP or HST. You have to be in one or the other. Not sure if that's what you're asking though.
Their MD program is split into two tracks: NP or HST. You have to be in one or the other. Not sure if that's what you're asking though.
kk, that's what I wanted to hear.
kk, that's what I wanted to hear.
Ok, cool! Also to clarify, you can apply to both simultaneously.
I did send them one. No reply yet though (fingers crossed). I sent it to [email protected]. Hopefully that's the right place for such things.
Last week I sent one to [email protected] actually. They replied the next day saying they would try to accommodate me if I were to be offered an interview...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last week I sent one to [email protected] actually. They replied the next day saying they would try to accommodate me if I were to be offered an interview...
Dammit. Why have two emails??? I think I'll resend and mention that I wasn't sure if they received it and I apologize for sending twice.
Fudge-scicles
Last week I sent one to [email protected] actually. They replied the next day saying they would try to accommodate me if I were to be offered an interview...
In other words, they'll interview you if you're in the area and you've been offered an interview.
Dammit. Why have two emails??? I think I'll resend and mention that I wasn't sure if they received it and I apologize for sending twice.
Fudge-scicles
Btw, if you're reading this Harvard then I just want to say I'm sure you have a very good reason for two emails and I have nothing but respect for you and your institution....please accept me!
In other words, they'll interview you if you're in the area and you've been offered an interview.
Bahaha I think that's a bit of a stretch. If only...
Btw, if you're reading this Harvard then I just want to say I'm sure you have a very good reason for two emails and I have nothing but respect for you and your institution....please accept me!
Haha maybe one of them is an automatic email?
I literally just received my invite! I am beyond excited.
Congrats! When were you complete?I literally just received my invite! I am beyond excited.
Complete: 8/20 II:10/4
OOS 4.0cum 37M
OOS 4.0cum 37M
anyone know how many interview invites there are? also, do harvard college students make up a certain percentage of the acceptance class?
anyone know how many interview invites there are? also, do harvard college students make up a certain percentage of the acceptance class?
Harvard College is well represented. Each house in Harvard College gets their own admissions committee. The committees for non-Harvard applicants are usually split by region. You can imagine the benefits of competing in a much smaller Harvard pool vs. larger regional pools.
WooHoo....Interview Invite this afternoon. Compete 9/11
sGPA 3.78 cGPA 3.83 MCAT 31.. Guess they liked my personal statement. 😀
Congrats! That's awesome!! Do well on your interview!!
Does anyone know how to send Harvard update emails. I recently had an abstract approved and published for an international competition. I would like to update them about this.
Thanks
Thanks
Does anyone know how to send Harvard update emails. I recently had an abstract approved and published for an international competition. I would like to update them about this.
Thanks
I've sent them an update (new publication accepted) but did not receive a response. You could try [email protected]
Any II"s for HST yet, or have only the NP II's gone out thus far? Last year SDN started reporting them on 10/14 but I was just curious
I applied as HST (PhD candidate here in Medical Genetics) -- haven't heard anything, but then again I'm not competitive for Harvard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG II today 4pm NP program. I literally fainted when i saw this. I was complete on the 9/26. Im a canadian app so its even crazier. GPA 4.0 (both), 34Q
OMG II today 4pm NP program. I literally fainted when i saw this. I was complete on the 9/26. Im a canadian app so its even crazier. GPA 4.0 (both), 34Q
Does Harvard regard Canadian applicants differently (i.e. is it harder for them to get in than US citizens)?
I'm not too sure. I know its not any easier being an internationally student and all.
OMG II today 4pm NP program. I literally fainted when i saw this. I was complete on the 9/26. Im a canadian app so its even crazier. GPA 4.0 (both), 34Q
Yea!!!!!!
Does Harvard send a complete email after it the "received" email?
wow, that's so awesome. could you expand on some of your ECs or other aspects of your app? fellow canadian here, although my GPA isn't anything near yours, my MCAT is 33S. URM?
Last edited:
II today also. Hehe. OOS and non-traditional, I can tell you that I'm neither the typical 4.0/36+ applicant nor do I believe the best doctors have these stats. I think suitability is really important. Oh and my application was complete on 9/13, and I did not receive notification of completion.
So how do you you are complete? Did you go by the received date on your application?
II today also. Hehe. OOS and non-traditional, I can tell you that I'm neither the typical 4.0/36+ applicant nor do I believe the best doctors have these stats. I think suitability is really important. Oh and my application was complete on 9/13, and I did not receive notification of completion.
maybe there still is some hope for me!
So how do you you are complete? Did you go by the received date on your application?
Yes dear.
wow, that's so awesome. could you expand on some of your ECs or other aspects of your app? fellow canadian here, although my GPA isn't anything near yours, my MCAT is 33S. URM?
Hey there
In terms of my EC's they are pretty much the usual. Work, volunteer, have a few hobbies. Shadowing experience is a little harder to come by, as it is not typically required by schools up here.
I would note that I did fill out the extra essay. Had a diverse experience that really did influence my pursuit in medicine.
Last edited:
well congrats again. Thanks for the willingness to share about some of your background. I hear you on the shadowing experience -- I'm hoping the fact that it is frowned upon in Canada isn't going to count against me at US schools -- I'm glad to see someone else is/was also in that situation.
Last edited:
Yes dear.
The funny thing is I Called Harvard and asked them about the complete email, and they told me they do have one. Hahaha I guess I just have to be patient.
And congrats on your interview!
I submitted the secondary today. It is a long shot, but I am hoping my background will help me get an interview.
I have a friend starting there in the fall, so at least I will have a place to stay and a ride to and from the airport if I get an invite.
congrats
The funny thing is I Called Harvard and asked them about the complete email, and they told me they do have one. Hahaha I guess I just have to be patient.
And congrats on your interview!
Really?? They would've received everything by 9/7 and I haven't received a complete email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really?? They would've received everything by 9/7 and I haven't received a complete email?
I don't know...maybe the lady I talked to made a mistake...
Really?? They would've received everything by 9/7 and I haven't received a complete email?
Perhaps the office was referring to the email that says secondary received. The person may not realize that some schools send a received email and a complete email.
Perhaps the office was referring to the email that says secondary received. The person may not realize that some schools send a received email and a complete email.
Yea I'm thinking that this is the case.. As far as I can tell, Harvard doesn't send complete emails. And I am marked complete on the website.
Yea I'm thinking that this is the case.. As far as I can tell, Harvard doesn't send complete emails. And I am marked complete on the website.
Me too.
Me too.
By complete do you guys mean received? But I also have the green arrow by the "Application File Complete" but no date under "Notes"
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K