You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Status changed from decision pending to interview decision pending. I really hope I get an interview here!!
hey congrats Mosa!
do you mind telling when you submitted your secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait a minute.. Mine says
Did it always say that or did it used to say "Application Status: Decision Pending"?
Interview Status:
Decision Pending
Did it always say that or did it used to say "Application Status: Decision Pending"?
hey congrats Mosa!
do you mind telling when you submitted your secondary?
I submitted my secondary on the 5th I believe. It was the day it came out in the first batch
Wait a minute.. Mine says
Did it always say that or did it used to say "Application Status: Decision Pending"?
It always has said that. At least mine has, yours may be different
Wait a minute.. Mine says
Did it always say that or did it used to say "Application Status: Decision Pending"?
Always said that
I've been sitting on "this application is complete but not yet been processed" for a little while now...
i've been sitting on "this application is complete but not yet been processed" for a little while now...
+1
Got my II last night scheduled. October 3rd. Later than my others. Hopefully everyone hears good news soon!
Got my II last night scheduled. October 3rd. Later than my others. Hopefully everyone hears good news soon!
Congratulations boot!
Sent via mobile
Congratulations boot!
Sent via mobile
Thanks bud
Perhaps someone on here can answer this for me. If you apply for the Physician Shortage Area program, are you nixed from the general program application? I'm interested in their PSA program, but I know they only take a few people for it, and I don't want them to disregard me if I can't make the cut on that program alone.
Always said that
Ok thanks. Decision Pending means complete though, right?
Got my II last night scheduled. October 3rd. Later than my others. Hopefully everyone hears good news soon!
Congrats! Good luck on the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview is also scheduled for October 3rd! Did everyone receive an e-mail? I didn't get an email, my status just updated with my interview date.
I received an e-mail with my interview date. Then they ask you to e-mail back confirming you will interview and send them some information/picture. If you haven't gotten an e-mail, check your junk mail etc because in my e-mail it said if I didn't e-mail back within 2 weeks they would consider it as me declining...
Congratulations on the interview!
No. Last year I had decision pending for months. Then I sent them an update letter and received an interview two weeks later, and an acceptance a week after the interview.My status went to Decision Pending the instant my secondary was submitted, even though my letters weren't in (this was around early July). Since then, my status hasn't changed. Is this a silent rejection?
No. Last year I had decision pending for months. Then I sent them an update letter and received an interview two weeks later, and an acceptance a week after the interview.
When did you send the aforementioned update letter? I'm still a little shaky on all the timing of this cycle... SDN really makes it seem like it's starting to get "late."

When did you send the aforementioned update letter? I'm still a little shaky on all the timing of this cycle... SDN really makes it seem like it's starting to get "late."![]()
+1 lol, all these gunners make me feel that way too, but I have to consciously remind myself that in reality, it's pretty early in the cycle.
When did you send the aforementioned update letter? I'm still a little shaky on all the timing of this cycle... SDN really makes it seem like it's starting to get "late."![]()
Question wasn't aimed at me but last cycle I was complete in July, update letter in February and interviewed in April.
D
deleted470713
also scheduled for oct. 3rd interview!!
D
deleted470713
does anyone know if they do student hosting? I started looking at flights/trains/hotels...PRETTY pricey all around lol greeeatt...
Any one had issues with paying the fee?? I entered all my information right and it said it was unable to confirm my payment...but now I cannot access the application anymore.
does anyone know if they do student hosting? I started looking at flights/trains/hotels...PRETTY pricey all around lol greeeatt...
Yes we do. I believe you get an email with a google doc of people who are willing to host interviewees. It's up to you to contact people and set up arrangements at that point.
Btw, since it's on topic, I really suggest staying with a student. Not only are hotels here really pricey (nicest part of town, yall) but staying with a student gave me such a great insight into the place, leading me to choose it. That advice goes for every school you interview at, too!
Anyone know if SAT scores are required on the secondary? Mine are above average, but not stellar, so I'd rather not list them. And anyone figure out how to make separate paragraphs for the essay? I've tried everything and keep getting just one block of text
Anyone know if SAT scores are required on the secondary? Mine are above average, but not stellar, so I'd rather not list them. And anyone figure out how to make separate paragraphs for the essay? I've tried everything and keep getting just one block of text
I don't think they're necessarily required? THis was asked several pages back and that seemed to be the consensus.
Also, nobody could figure out how to paragraph it.
Anyone know if SAT scores are required on the secondary? Mine are above average, but not stellar, so I'd rather not list them. And anyone figure out how to make separate paragraphs for the essay? I've tried everything and keep getting just one block of text
If you leave it blank, it won't kill you. But to think of it another way, there must be a reason they continue to ask for them, despite undoubtedly getting questioned for it. According to the MSAR, Jefferson only interviewed 8% of applicants last year, so they must be picky about applications in some way. I'm personally so glad they asked, because my MCAT wasn't stellar (32R) but my 2310 on the SAT was pretty baller, and I think helped me get this interview =]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted470713
I don't know if the SAT plays a role because I got a 1660...and still got an interview at jefferson so I don't think that it's a defining variable in their decision. don't stress about it...i believe it was optional anyways.
Anyone know if SAT scores are required on the secondary? Mine are above average, but not stellar, so I'd rather not list them. And anyone figure out how to make separate paragraphs for the essay? I've tried everything and keep getting just one block of text
The SAT score is optional per someone in the admissions office. I called and asked because I'm a non-trad and can't even remember my exact SAT score. I put down my GRE instead in case they really like standardized test numbers for some reason.
SAT won't kill you. I did god awful on mine. Way below average and I listed it And still got an II so I wouldent worry about it.
does anyone know if they do student hosting? I started looking at flights/trains/hotels...PRETTY pricey all around lol greeeatt...
I'd recommend student hosts! Way cheaper, and if you stay with the students who live in campus housing, they live literally 2 steps away from the Memorial Scott Library where you're supposed to meet the morning of the interview. Very convenient.
Invite! But they scheduled my interview on a day that I ALREADY HAVE AN INTERVIEW! GAH! Have to re-schedule now...
Invite! But they scheduled my interview on a day that I ALREADY HAVE AN INTERVIEW! GAH! Have to re-schedule now...
Congrats on the invite! When we're
You complete?
Congrats on the invite! When we're
You complete?
Complete on 7/10. IS 3.86/3.78/32
What were your statuses before the invite came?
Desicion pending---> interview to be sched
When were you complete?Mine has been "interview decision pending" for over 2 weeks now lol it was originally just decision pending. I hope I get an invite here!
Mine's been "decision pending" for over a month now 🙁
Mine's been "decision pending" for over a month now 🙁
+1, like 45 days...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably silent rejections for us 🙁
Probably silent rejections for us 🙁
Yea guess so. The uncertainty of this period is so ugly
Mine's been "decision pending" for over a month now 🙁
+1, like 45 days...
Probably silent rejections for us 🙁
Please see my previous posts on how long I waited to get an interview at Jeff. Please, everyone, just relax. I know you are stressed out about this whole process but it's still really early
Please see my previous posts on how long I waited to get an interview at Jeff. Please, everyone, just relax. I know you are stressed out about this whole process but it's still really early
Psh, a premed listening to somebody that actually knows what they're talking about? Please.
I'm gonna go back to being depressed about my silent rejection.
Scheduled for 10/17!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K