2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody pre-LOR get rejected from 7/16 fee received? This limbo is soooo frustrating.

I can guarantee you no one has been rejected from that group.

You need to give them a lot more then 10 days before freaking out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can guarantee you no one has been rejected from that group.

You need to give them a lot more then 10 days before freaking out.
I'm worried because everyone that's gotten their LOR requests seems to be getting them within a week and the rejections seem to take a bit longer than that.
 
^ same.....let's hope it's either tomorrow or saturday morning. this waiting is killing me
 
I'm worried because everyone that's gotten their LOR requests seems to be getting them within a week and the rejections seem to take a bit longer than that.

my LOR request came in 10 days (7/16--->7/26)
 
can we slow the roll on this thread? I'm wicked tired of sifting through a billion posts half of which are bull***t neurotic stuff constantly seeking to compare their progress with others (seriously, how many more "LYK OMG WEN VER U COMPLETE?! I HOPES MY AKSEPTENCE IS CUMMING IN 2MROW! 😀 X" posts do we need?) or totally off topic discussions. All the BS is severely hindering the effectiveness and usefulness of the thread.
 
can we slow the roll on this thread? I'm wicked tired of sifting through a billion posts half of which are bull***t neurotic stuff constantly seeking to compare their progress with others (seriously, how many more "LYK OMG WEN VER U COMPLETE?! I HOPES MY AKSEPTENCE IS CUMMING IN 2MROW! 😀 X" posts do we need?) or totally off topic discussions. All the BS is severely hindering the effectiveness and usefulness of the thread.

:laugh:
 
can we slow the roll on this thread? I'm wicked tired of sifting through a billion posts half of which are bull***t neurotic stuff constantly seeking to compare their progress with others (seriously, how many more "LYK OMG WEN VER U COMPLETE?! I HOPES MY AKSEPTENCE IS CUMMING IN 2MROW! 😀 X" posts do we need?) or totally off topic discussions. All the BS is severely hindering the effectiveness and usefulness of the thread.

The red I agree with, the blue not so much.

The off topic stuff, such as TV shows and whatever else has been discussed is what can make us a "community"... is that the word I'm looking for here 😕

I think this is the first post in this thread I was actually put off by. I seriously love everyone here and wish everyone could get accepted to Mayo!!
 
So far I'm at the LOR received email and that they will be contacting me whether or not they would like an interview in the near future.

I have a 29Q MCAT and 3.65 GPA (pursuing two degrees in Microbio/Genetics)
*Edit: I'm also a Minnesota native.. really hoping to get in to either the Mayo your U of M.
 
The red I agree with, the blue not so much.

The off topic stuff, such as TV shows and whatever else has been discussed is what can make us a "community"... is that the word I'm looking for here 😕

I think this is the first post in this thread I was actually put off by. I seriously love everyone here and wish everyone could get accepted to Mayo!!
I largely agree with DAPI, although I'm probably a little more appreciative of the stat sharing/speculation. I think being obsessive is part of the fun of the application process and I've definitely enjoyed this thread and all it's neurosis. Besides, we're beating every other school's thread right now and we're on track to beat last cycle's view and post counts if we can keep up the current level of enthusiasm! I think we should go for it!
 
So far I'm at the LOR received email and that they will be contacting me whether or not they would like an interview in the near future.

I have a 29Q MCAT and 3.65 GPA (pursuing two degrees in Microbio/Genetics)
*Edit: I'm also a Minnesota native.. really hoping to get in to either the Mayo your U of M.

Three posts up I think we all agreed to stop posting stuff like this

:laugh:

EDIT: Make that four. My posting skills have slowed down 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what sdn's carbon footprint is? I bet it spikes every application cycle between July and September.

We also have a lot of data here and it would be great if someone could write a script to search every school's thread and construct a timeline so that applicants know what to expect and how much variability there is year to year. I bet somebody on here could do it - that would be a spectacular feature!
 
can we slow the roll on this thread? I'm wicked tired of sifting through a billion posts half of which are bull***t neurotic stuff constantly seeking to compare their progress with others (seriously, how many more "LYK OMG WEN VER U COMPLETE?! I HOPES MY AKSEPTENCE IS CUMMING IN 2MROW! 😀 X" posts do we need?) or totally off topic discussions. All the BS is severely hindering the effectiveness and usefulness of the thread.

OperaInternetSeriousBusiness.jpg



I'm only going to respond to this thread with pictures until I get rejected.
 
I agree, i love this thread. I love checking it and seeing we're on a new page...LOL!

T-minus 1.5 days until *maybe* interview/rejection emails come out. I'm still guessing saturday at 2AM lolz
 
true! wait till next year when the 2013-2014 group is like...."I checked last years thread and all I could find were posts about TV shows, though they speculated emails come out Saturday or Sunday in the middle of the night..." haha
 
true! wait till next year when the 2013-2014 group is like...."I checked last years thread and all I could find were posts about TV shows, though they speculated emails come out Saturday or Sunday in the middle of the night..." haha

We could always start the stat train again...
 
No!

I like how we all say "Mayo doesn't care about stats first. It's all about the ECs." Then everyone continues by asking, "what are your stats?"

Really?

Don't worry, I was just being inflammatory.

But seriously, what are your stats???

😀:meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my post-LoR rejection. I was complete 7/6.

It was definitely a long shot for me. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
 
Just got my post-LoR rejection. I was complete 7/6.

It was definitely a long shot for me. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Sorry to hear that...hopefully you'll have plenty of other interviews :luck:

Long shot for me too though...I was complete a week later than you, so I may be receiving mine soon too..
 
Just got my post-LoR rejection. I was complete 7/6.

It was definitely a long shot for me. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Same here. It was a long shot for me too, but first rejection still smarts. Good luck all!
 
Fee received 7/16, LOR request 7/26. Alaska time. So I guess 7/27 Mayo Clinic/Everybody Else in America time. Hooray!
 
yesterday I was trying to explain to someone why I was awake at 2 am when i had work early the next day. "Mayo sends emails at 2:30 AM" will get you some weird looks...
 
Got an LOR request this morning, fee received 7/24. Dang they're fast! On another note, how did those with only one semester of ochem lab "provide evidence" that your school only offers one semester of lab rather than a full year?
 
My LOR received 7/6. I did not received an II or a rejection. Just pointing out that even though if you didn't get an II the first time around, there's still hope! Or they want to reject me at a later time lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an LOR request this morning, fee received 7/24. Dang they're fast! On another note, how did those with only one semester of ochem lab "provide evidence" that your school only offers one semester of lab rather than a full year?


I called them. They said they were familiar with my undergraduate institution and because we had an "intensive" semester of ochem lab, it was considered equal to two semesters.
 
Got an LOR request this morning, fee received 7/24. Dang they're fast! On another note, how did those with only one semester of ochem lab "provide evidence" that your school only offers one semester of lab rather than a full year?

They must've skipped chronological order now, I was a 7/16'er and haven't heard anything. Or something on your app just took their attention immediately. Do you have some crazy ECs, GPA/MCAT, or both?

Congrats on the LOR request, that's one of the faster turnarounds I've seen!
 
My committee letter won't be written until late August. Is this bad?

EDIT: I received and submitted the application 7/19 and got the LOR request 7/26.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.