You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
does anyone have any suggestions for the in-between LOR and interview phase?
like, do you suggest we send an email expressing more interest, or is that just annoying? :/
From what I've heard they aren't receptive to Pre interview letters. Just be patient.
From what I've heard they aren't receptive to Pre interview letters. Just be patient.
thanks for the quick reply 🙂 trying to dial down the neurosis lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone have any suggestions for the in-between LOR and interview phase?
like, do you suggest we send an email expressing more interest, or is that just annoying? :/
Nah, they don't like that. This is not the time to bother them...they have ton's of applications to sift through. You will get your fair chance.
Nah, they don't like that. This is not the time to bother them...they have ton's of applications to sift through. You will get your fair chance.
So now I'm freaking out because two weeks ago, two minutes after they sent me a LOR request, I was so stoked that I just shot them a "Thanks so much for your consideration" email.
I wonder if they think I'm lame for breaking an unwritten code, and are just waiting to reject me. I hope not, cause this school is top choice.
So now I'm freaking out because two weeks ago, two minutes after they sent me a LOR request, I was so stoked that I just shot them a "Thanks so much for your consideration" email.
I wonder if they think I'm lame for breaking an unwritten code, and are just waiting to reject me. I hope not, cause this school is top choice.
If this makes you freak out what are you going to do when you have patients whose livelihoods depend on you?
So now I'm freaking out because two weeks ago, two minutes after they sent me a LOR request, I was so stoked that I just shot them a "Thanks so much for your consideration" email.
I wonder if they think I'm lame for breaking an unwritten code, and are just waiting to reject me. I hope not, cause this school is top choice.
Stuff like this will pretty much never make or break you. Your application is what carries all the weight, so try not to get too hung up on the little things. 😉
So now I'm freaking out because two weeks ago, two minutes after they sent me a LOR request, I was so stoked that I just shot them a "Thanks so much for your consideration" email.
I wonder if they think I'm lame for breaking an unwritten code, and are just waiting to reject me. I hope not, cause this school is top choice.
I'm sure I didn't do much harm...the admissions people are nice, but if you bother them they might remember you for all the wrong reasons.
I wish you the best of luck!
omg i'm so nervous for 2:30AM EST, I wuz complete 6/5 midnight and LOR request 6/5 12:01 if I don't hear something tonight I don't know what I'm going to do! 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁
EDIT: I'm well aware karma dictates that I will probably get a rejection now for being a massive douche
EDIT: I'm well aware karma dictates that I will probably get a rejection now for being a massive douche
EDIT: I'm well aware karma dictates that I will probably get a rejection now for being a massive douche
lol, at least you realized it.
omg i'm so nervous for 2:30AM EST, I wuz complete 6/5 midnight and LOR request 6/5 12:01 if I don't hear something tonight I don't know what I'm going to do! 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁
EDIT: I'm well aware karma dictates that I will probably get a rejection now for being a massive douche

Do we have any reason to think another round of II's are going out tonight?
They went out last week on a saturday night...Do we have any reason to think another round of II's are going out tonight?
I also have a good feeling about tonight!
This thread has been open for like three months of posting, and has 800+ responses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea I don't really understand what it is about the mayo app threads that leads to all the posts but it amuses me...
Anyone get anything?
nope. wah 🙁
Anyone get anything?
T minus one hour, bro
T minus one hour, bro
I thought the emails were sent at 2:30 eastern time?
I thought the emails were sent at 2:30 eastern time?
You're absolutely right dextor. My fault.
Nothing. But on the bright side, we're still in it.
I guess we'll find out in the morning for sure..
Last edited:
I need to screenshot this thread's active users when 2:30 AM rolls around. It's great.
I need to screenshot this thread's active users when 2:30 AM rolls around. It's great.
Not a picture.
I have a feeling the next round will be Monday night or Tuesday...
Thanks for the info, but you just increased the neuroticism on here by 300%!
Not a picture.
Just to make you mad I'm going to take a picture with a polaroid camera, then take a picture of the polaroid with a camera phone. Then take a picture of the camera phone's screen with an SLR, so you get ALL the pixels.
😉
Just to make you mad I'm going to take a picture with a polaroid camera, then take a picture of the polaroid with a camera phone. Then take a picture of the camera phone's screen with an SLR, so you get ALL the pixels.
😉

I also enjoy seeing a new proposed night for emails every time I check in on this thread. It's always the next night though...so we have to be here every single night!
Thanks for the info, but you just increased the neuroticism on here by 300%!
Just a guess, couild be complete inaccurate. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a feeling the next round will be Monday night or Tuesday...
Haha uh oh. I trust this. Ur feelings have been pretty spot on lately 🙂
Just to make you mad I'm going to take a picture with a polaroid camera, then take a picture of the polaroid with a camera phone. Then take a picture of the camera phone's screen with an SLR, so you get ALL the pixels.
😉
Sooo....instagram?
FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY, DON'T DO IT MAN!
Sooo....instagram?
FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY, DON'T DO IT MAN!
Instagram'd via phone, but don't forget the added text from Picnik before I upload!
My body has taken to waking up at odd times in the night. I use that opportunity to check my cell phone for any e-mails.
LOL I remember that was me last year...it got to the point where I started to hate my phone.
Any questions regarding Mayo? Not that I know much yet but...
LOL I remember that was me last year...it got to the point where I started to hate my phone.
Any questions regarding Mayo? Not that I know much yet but...
Can I haz
Can I hazcheezburginterview?
Actually, if you get an interview you can have both. I recall that being offered the day I interviewed at the cafeteria.
Actually, if you get an interview you can have both. I recall that being offered the day I interviewed at the cafeteria.
Forsparta name is from 300? Rome total war? Or for giggles?
Forsparta name is from 300? Rome total war? Or for giggles?
THIS IS SPARTA (but sadly I could not find the Spartan medical school). And BTW, TONIGHT I DINED AT MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS SPARTA (but sadly I could not find the Spartan medical school). And BTW, TONIGHT I DINED AT MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mayo: But I am a generous god. I can make you rich beyond all measure. I will make you warlord of all Rochester. You will carry my battle scalpel to the heart of needy orphaned children. Your cancerous rivals will kneel at your feet if you will but kneel at mine.
PMOD: You are generous as you are divine, O king of kings. Such an offer only a madman would refuse. But the, uh, the idea of kneeling, it's- You see, slaughtering all those secondary essays of yours has, uh, well it's left a nasty cramp in my leg, so kneeling will be hard for me.
Mayo: But I am a generous god. I can make you rich beyond all measure. I will make you warlord of all Rochester. You will carry my battle scalpel to the heart of needy orphaned children. Your cancerous rivals will kneel at your feet if you will but kneel at mine.
PMOD: You are generous as you are divine, O king of kings. Such an offer only a madman would refuse. But the, uh, the idea of kneeling, it's- You see, slaughtering all those secondary essays of yours has, uh, well it's left a nasty cramp in my leg, so kneeling will be hard for me.
👍

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How nice are the learning facilities? We see photos, but what's it REALLY like? Heheh...
I saw that someone had posted the pics of the Mayo campus including buildings likes the Gonda Building, Mayo building, Plummer Building, ect.
As of right now, the MS1's are mainly located in the Mitchell Student Center which is a historic building that is beautiful.
To be fair, I don't really think this makes that much of a difference unless you are sending pics to anyone. I interviewed at a few other schools that had less ritzy rooms and I'm sure learning happens just fine there too. Ours makes for a more beautiful place to daydream...I mean study.
In terms of resources, it is limitless here. You can email a professor in a random field and they will respond to you. I am planning out my selectives and it is rediculously easy to get a spot in any department. I heard a member of our class is doing a selective with EMS, another with the transplant center, ect. They take care of you well here.
D
deleted470713
did you get an II????
If... Only... My... Committee letter packet.... were... in................................
I can't wait to hear back from this school, but I'm feeling seriously neurotic about my committee letter taking 3 months to be sent in.
I can't wait to hear back from this school, but I'm feeling seriously neurotic about my committee letter taking 3 months to be sent in.
just looked at the post data. almost 50000 views already lol. wow
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K