-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I got an interview invite last night. I received my LOR request and complete status the same date as everyone who received an interview invite weeks ago so I was really disappointed and assumed I would just be rejected in a few months.
mind me asking when you were complete, or got the "LOR-recieved email"?
I got an interview invite last night. I received my LOR request and complete status the same date as everyone who received an interview invite weeks ago so I was really disappointed and assumed I would just be rejected in a few months.
Congratulations!
I am post-LOR waiting to hear back. Wish you all luck

Mayo is my #1 choice by far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mind me asking when you were complete, or got the "LOR-recieved email"?
I believe they mean they are a 7/6er...at least that is what I hope they mean being a 7/13er myself. Still hoping...
Congratulations to everyone with IIs so far!
I believe they mean they are a 7/6er...at least that is what I hope they mean being a 7/13er myself. Still hoping...
Congratulations to everyone with IIs so far!
ooo ok, thanks for the clarification bud 🙂
ooo ok, thanks for the clarification bud 🙂
No problemo! But it would be nice for Neuroanth to confirm my thinking. I don't want to misinterpret anything! 😀
I would be a 7/6er.
Thanks for the clarification and congratulations again!
Good to know.
Also, nice to see another Niner fan (WWPWillis52D) in this thread. We're going all the way this year.
Also, nice to see another Niner fan (WWPWillis52D) in this thread. We're going all the way this year.
Good to know.
Also, nice to see another Niner fan (WWPWillis52D) in this thread. We're going all the way this year.
Yes! I cannot wait till the season starts!
In Harbaugh/Baalke I trust!
I got LOR recieved 7/13 (ish?, I don't know, too lazy to open gmail and look). I did not pay anyone for the interview invite 😉 I just worked super hard to develop myself as a well rounded person throughout college, and I think schools are taking notice, that's all
EDIT: Thanks for the well-wishes!
EDIT: Thanks for the well-wishes!
I did not pay anyone for the interview invite 😉
Secondary fees. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
professional lurker. broke down and got a username
FE:7/2 FR:7/3LOR: 7/11 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
might have a stroke if i read any more IIs coming out of the group im in...
but really. congratulations to those with IIs, i bet sleep is easy to come by now
The only one from the 7/13 completed group I see with an II is bumbl3b33... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Or maybe don't otherwise I might have a stroke as well!
The only one from the 7/13 completed group I see with an II is bumbl3b33... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Or maybe don't otherwise I might have a stroke as well!
Haha that's what I'm getting from it. I feel like more than one person from our 7/13 group would have heard something,.....
Maybe this weekend!
Things are slowing down quite a bit, I bet. I received my LOR request 7/26, and I still haven't received confirmation of receipt. I'm starting to think about entering a medically-induced coma until the end of August. Or living in the mountains, sans cell reception. I bet if I start walking to the Mayo Clinic now, by the time I get there I will have either been rejected or invited to interview. That shows more commitment than a letter of interest, right?
Secondary fees. 😉
I was referring to a post earlier about slipping $100's in my apps 😉
Haha that's what I'm getting from it. I feel like more than one person from our 7/13 group would have heard something,.....
Maybe not everyone applying is on SDN? Hard to believe, but just throwing it out there!
Things are slowing down quite a bit, I bet. I received my LOR request 7/26, and I still haven't received confirmation of receipt. I'm starting to think about entering a medically-induced coma until the end of August. Or living in the mountains, sans cell reception. I bet if I start walking to the Mayo Clinic now, by the time I get there I will have either been rejected or invited to interview. That shows more commitment than a letter of interest, right?
Sorry, only electronic supplements can be added to the file for review.
So I recently received an email from Mayo with an invite to connect with one of their research collaborators on LinkedIn ... has anyone else gotten this? I found it kind of strange since I don't even have a LinkedIn account ... (btw I had a LOR request but no interview invite yet)
Sorry, only electronic supplements can be added to the file for review.
[YOUTUBE]H2uHBhKTSe0[/YOUTUBE]
So I recently received an email from Mayo with an invite to connect with one of their research collaborators on LinkedIn ... has anyone else gotten this? I found it kind of strange since I don't even have a LinkedIn account ... (btw I had a LOR request but no interview invite yet)
Sounds like a good sign.
I was referring to a post earlier about slipping $100's in my apps 😉
Maybe not everyone applying is on SDN? Hard to believe, but just throwing it out there!
Yeah guess I failed to think of that...... Thanks for your useful input and feedback. Much appreciated comment.
That was sarcasm.
Yeah guess I failed to think of that...... Thanks for your useful input and feedback. Much appreciated comment.
That was sarcasm.
You're welcome, cutie! <3
You're welcome, cutie! <3
I made my previous statement based off the fact that typically at least four other people would also say they got an II since they release them in batches. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption based of the number of people who were also complete and awaiting news of reject or II
I made my previous statement based off the fact that typically at least four other people would also say they got an II since they release them in batches. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption based of the number of people who were also complete and awaiting news of reject or II
No worries dude, I'm just yanking your chain--my bad if it came off the wrong way!
Regardless, does anyone know how many students interview on one day at mayo?
No worries dude, I'm just yanking your chain--my bad if it came off the wrong way!
Regardless, does anyone know how many students interview on one day at mayo?
I think I heard it was 1-2... And they have 2-3 interview dates.
😉
I think I heard it was 1-2... And they have 2-3 interview dates.
😉
Unfortunately I can't tell if you're being sarcastic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I heard it was 1-2... And they have 2-3 interview dates.
😉
Unfortunately I can't tell if you're being sarcastic
If it is the same as last year, 8-10ish. Something around there.
You're looking at groups of 10-15 at the most.
Take with a pile of salt, I have no idea what they actually do.
Edit: Damn you, Nymphicus! 😉
No worries dude, I'm just yanking your chain--my bad if it came off the wrong way!
Regardless, does anyone know how many students interview on one day at mayo?
Haha it's cool.
I was complete 7/13 radio silence since then.
Rejected 🙁 Pre-LOR, though emails says I wasn't among those invited to interview? Is it too early to call or email and ask why?
Interview invite @ 1:36am. I'm still shaking.
Congrats! 🙂
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
Interview invite @ 1:36am. I'm still shaking.
Congrats!
Interview invite @ 1:36am. I'm still shaking.
ahh exciting!! congrats!!
Interview invite @ 1:36am. I'm still shaking.
if you're anything like me you'll be like this all day...
Well, I love Mayo. 😍
Now that the cat is out of the bag, I have a question for a current Mayo student. How is the class split between students straight from undergrad and those who took at least one year doing something else?
About a fifth of the class isn't straight out of undergrad. Out of those dozen or so, I would say a handful are truly non-traditional because of a complete career change.
Congrats man!! Looks like they are trickling our group out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted470713
First Rejection 🙁 Glad that is out of the way! Good luck to everyone with interviews (and to those of you still waiting)!!!
were you pre-LOR?
were you pre-LOR?
Yes (although I was a little confused if we would receive LOR if AMCAS already had them), I was pre-LOR.
Yes (although I was a little confused if we would receive LOR if AMCAS already had them), I was pre-LOR.
Did your email say that you weren't selected to interview?
Did your email say that you weren't selected to interview?
My email said subject line: Mayo Medical School - not selected, with the following text:
"Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,
Thank you for your application and interest in Mayo Medical School. The medical school admissions committee has recently concluded a thorough review of a large number of applications received from interested individuals. The committee was very impressed with the high quality of the applicant pool. However, we have received many more competitive applications than we can recommend for an interview and/or a position at Mayo Medical School for 2013. We believe that this reflects the depth and quality of the applicant pool and the accompanying intensity of the competition for the number of positions in our medical school.
Unfortunately, your application was not among those selected for an invitation to interview. We appreciate your serious interest in Mayo Medical School as well as the time and effort you have devoted to preparing your application. Please give our thanks to those faculty and any other individuals who wrote letters of support for you.
We wish you well in your future pursuits and offer you our best wishes for success in your career. Once again, thank you for your interest in Mayo Medical School."
Overall not a horrible rejection 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K