2012-2013 Northwestern University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it says application website will be temporarily unavailable..maybe this is it? =]

It's just regular maintenance, so please don't stay up until 4am to check. :laugh: It seems like 4-5pm is the usual time so I'd watch for an email around then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone! Hopefully many of us deferred folk will be joining you in a month 🙂
 
So if we interviewed 1/7 and didn't hear back that is a rejection?

I am a little surprised. This was by far my best interview. My interviewer explicitly told me I would be a great addition and that he sincerely hoped to see me in August. This whole process makes no sense to me lol
 
So if we interviewed 1/7 and didn't hear back that is a rejection?

I am a little surprised. This was by far my best interview. My interviewer explicitly told me I would be a great addition and that he sincerely hoped to see me in August. This whole process makes no sense to me lol

Absolutely not. No news is no news. They just haven't gotten to a decision on your application yet. I think my decision took upwards of ten weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted via email yesterday evening! interviewed on Dec 10; secondary completed in Oct. Out of state applicant. This is my second time applying to medical school. I am just so happy that all the hard work are paid off. Congrats and good luck to the rest of you!
 
Let me know how someone thinks about this.
So generally I would think that school would defer more people in the beginning than later because fsm would want to see all the interviewees so that they don't over accept, just in case they want more of later interviewees. So if you got a deferral pretty late in the interview cycle, don't you think you are at a worse spot than those who interviewed early?

So I guess it comes down to whether later interviewees are compared with all the previous interviewees or that they are compared within each block of interviewees for each acceptance cycle.
 
Let me know how someone thinks about this.
So generally I would think that school would defer more people in the beginning than later because fsm would want to see all the interviewees so that they don't over accept, just in case they want more of later interviewees. So if you got a deferral pretty late in the interview cycle, don't you think you are at a worse spot than those who interviewed early?

So I guess it comes down to whether later interviewees are compared with all the previous interviewees or that they are compared within each block of interviewees for each acceptance cycle.

Overanalysis, sounds like SDN neuroticism to me. If you're deferred you'll be rereviewed this month and your final decision will be released in early March.
 
Is there any pattern as to when Northwestern sends out admissions decisions? Since the last batch went out last Wednesday (1/30), and idea when the next batch will go out?
 
Is there any pattern as to when Northwestern sends out admissions decisions? Since the last batch went out last Wednesday (1/30), and idea when the next batch will go out?

They probably will have one more batch of acceptances in a week or so for a few people, then the rest and all of the deferred candidates will hear at the final March decision. This is based on trends from last year's thread.
 
lol does anybody remember what the lunch was on the interview day? I don't have dietary restrictions or anything just curious
 
lol does anybody remember what the lunch was on the interview day? I don't have dietary restrictions or anything just curious

You get an $8 meal voucher and you can buy whatever you want at one of the cafeterias...well that's what happened on my interview day...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my interview day (within the last week) they said we could hear back by the end of the month to early March.
 
Does anybody know if NU might help cover airfare for second look? I feel so poor after going to all these interviews, and if they don't, I might just try to group some of my school visits together, independent of when second look weekend is...
 
Does anybody know if NU might help cover airfare for second look? I feel so poor after going to all these interviews, and if they don't, I might just try to group some of my school visits together, independent of when second look weekend is...

When is second look?
 
I called and asked for the second look dates in January. I'm a little upset that it's on Thursday and Friday because uhhhh some of us have to work. Couldn't they at least have done friday/saturday? I'm hoping that they'll send out a schedule soon so I can see if I can justify going or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my Feb 15 interview, We were told probably 3 weeks for decisions, so maybe you deferred people will hear around the same time. Its funny they deferred people when march is in like a week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.