You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
haha honestly i think this site is giving me OCD... but maybe we'll hear tomorrow? i think adcoms are meeting today so decisions may not even be released until tomorrow
i feel like my entire day has consisted of pressing the refresh button on this page waiting for kids to start posting acceptances haha, i think theyll probably get back to us tomorrow too that just means another sleepless night
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you for instilling hope back in me haha when did you interview if you dont mind me asking?
Just got the call around 7 tonight. I interviewed Monday, 3/4, so they definitely worked hard to push those recent files through
I got the call from the Dean yesterday night as well. First MD acceptance- I was beyond myself!
For all of you waiting to hear back or in the throes of interviews, good luck! RWJMS truly looks past the numbers and selects for the types of individuals who will make good physicians. People skills, empathy and confidence, are SO important in this process. So keep your head up and remember that you are a HUMAN BEING, not a compilation of statistics.
And last piece of advice- don't listen to the naysayers on SDN! Statistically, I didn't have much of a shot. But here I am, matriculating into the Class of 2017!
Hi, I called RWJ today to check status after my interview, I was told I was placed on competitive hold, does anyone know anything about this? Chances of acceptance?
Thanks!
Wondering about this as well as to what it means. It's like a limbo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zYLmkny80
while were discussing being in limbo (i too got the competitve hold news) figured we should lighten up the forum a little bit until we appease the admission gods for acceptance, does anyone else remember how awesome this game was?!
while were discussing being in limbo (i too got the competitve hold news) figured we should lighten up the forum a little bit until we appease the admission gods for acceptance, does anyone else remember how awesome this game was?!
Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Thanks so much for the interest in our condo (see below). We have had numerous requests for photos, so I thought it would be easier for people if I put 1-3 photos on here for people to see.
If you have an interest in buying or renting the property, please get in contact with me, and I can send you more pictures (we have many more pics)/detailed information.
rosenbs1 at umdnj.edu
Good Luck!
-Steve
Thanks so much for the interest in our condo (see below). We have had numerous requests for photos, so I thought it would be easier for people if I put 1-3 photos on here for people to see.
If you have an interest in buying or renting the property, please get in contact with me, and I can send you more pictures (we have many more pics)/detailed information.
rosenbs1 at umdnj.edu
Good Luck!
-Steve
Hey Everyone,
First, Congrats on your acceptance to RWJ! (If youre still on the waitlist do not give up hope!).
My name is Steve, and I am one of the 4th years at RWJ. I will (hopefully) be matching in Rad Onc this coming spring. If you have any questions about RWJ education/life, please let me know.
I realize this is early for housing, but I know some people like to get a head start.
My wife and I bought a place when we came to medical school, and we are looking to rent it or sell it to other RWJ students. We put a lot of time and effort into redoing this place, so we are hoping to rent or sell it to the right people.
It is located at Society Hill, Piscataway.
2-bedroom/2-bathroom
~1200 Sq Ft.
5 min drive Piscataway Campus/12 min drive New Brunswick (RWJ Hospital)
Within the Past 4.5 yrs the following listed are just some of the new additions/renovations:
Custom Closets from the Elfa Collection from the Container Store (designed by my wife who is a fashion designer) (maximizes space/very functional)
New appliances (Stainless steel appliances, new washer/dryer)
Redone bathrooms/showers (new sinks/tile, etc)
New Eco-Friendly Windows (keeps electric bills low)
Oak Wood Floor in Master Bedroom
Granite Countertops
Repainted every room
Move in ready if so desired / Furniture is up for discussion. Move in date June 1st.
$1600 for the unit. $900 for the Master/$700 for the other room.
Utilities (e.g. water, cable) are separate. If interested, please find a buddy to possibly rent with, as we are interested in renting to a pair.
If interested in buying, please contact us (serious inquiries only).
If interested, e-mail me: rosenbs1 at umdnj.edu
GOOD LUCK!
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
found out a few days ago that i was accepted! so excited!
Invite November 21
Interview Feb 15
Accepted March 7
Invite November 21
Interview Feb 15
Accepted March 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zYLmkny80
while were discussing being in limbo (i too got the competitve hold news) figured we should lighten up the forum a little bit until we appease the admission gods for acceptance, does anyone else remember how awesome this game was?!
Um, can you be accepted just for that awesome 90's throwback reference?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zYLmkny80
while were discussing being in limbo (i too got the competitve hold news) figured we should lighten up the forum a little bit until we appease the admission gods for acceptance, does anyone else remember how awesome this game was?!
chicken limbo!
how did you find this out? did RWJ email you or send something in the mail?
also does anyone know if RWJ has sent anything about immunization/health requirement forms?
also does anyone know if RWJ has sent anything about immunization/health requirement forms?
how did you find this out? did RWJ email you or send something in the mail?
also does anyone know if RWJ has sent anything about immunization/health requirement forms?
Does anyone know the difference between alternate list and competitive hold? Does one have more of a chance of acceptance than the other? Thanks.
Competitive hold means that the committee voted on your application once, but could not decide between placing you on an alternate list or granting you an acceptance, most likely because the vote was split. If you were directly placed on the alternate list, then I'm assuming the chances are lower than competitive hold.
Does anyone know if they acknowledge if that they received your "brief letter" saying that your accepting their offer and how long that generally takes?
I called on Thursday and they told me they send an e-mail notifying you when they receive your letter.. I mailed mine out Monday morning (and live in NJ) and still haven't been told it was received. We can fax one as well??
Does anyone know if they acknowledge if that they received your "brief letter" saying that your accepting their offer and how long that generally takes?
Yes, they will confirm they received the letter via email. I got a confirmation email about 10 days after I sent it out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For accepted students, what is this letter of acceptance that we have to send them? Is that a binding statement that we will definitely attend RWJ?
I'm pretty sure it is just to hold your spot. It's nice there is no fee.
Yes, they will confirm they received the letter via email. I got a confirmation email about 10 days after I sent it out.
Okay thanks! I live like 20 minutes from the school and sent it out the beginning of the week and haven't heard anything yet so I just wanted to make sure that was normal. I'll shoot them an email if I don't hear from them soon.
Okay thanks! I live like 20 minutes from the school and sent it out the beginning of the week and haven't heard anything yet so I just wanted to make sure that was normal. I'll shoot them an email if I don't hear from them soon.
UMDNJ mail is very slow. It can take days for the internal mail to process the delivery. Even interoffice mail can take days on the same campus. Give them a day or two and then call.
Last edited:
i'm sure this was posted somewhere else, but i can't find it. What is our class size?
+1 ???
I think some students on my interview day said the 131 number came from overadmitting, and they wanted to lower the class number for next year (so that might make sense with the 100-105 number?)
I think some students on my interview day said the 131 number came from overadmitting, and they wanted to lower the class number for next year (so that might make sense with the 100-105 number?)
Yea I think your right.
Hello all
So I know this question has prob asked by a lot of people but do they take a large amount of people from out of state waitlist and when do they start making decisions about it. I am so tired of this wait now 🙁. Since I have been on the waitlist from dec I have already sent one update letter. Does anyone recommend sending another update letter soon or letter of intent? I mean I know many people are in the same stage as me so any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Does RWJMS accept new letter of recommendations or anything?
Mitalie
So I know this question has prob asked by a lot of people but do they take a large amount of people from out of state waitlist and when do they start making decisions about it. I am so tired of this wait now 🙁. Since I have been on the waitlist from dec I have already sent one update letter. Does anyone recommend sending another update letter soon or letter of intent? I mean I know many people are in the same stage as me so any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Does RWJMS accept new letter of recommendations or anything?
Mitalie
Sorry you've been on the waitlist for so many months. For what it's worth, I think the adcom meets today, so there will be decisions made on the last round of interviews. Perhaps after that there will be some WL movement. That being said, with an incoming class of ~100-110, the competition is stiff for both IS and OOS applicants. It is a state school and I think it's safe to say, IS applicants take priority over OOS. I always say "It ain't over, till it's over", so continue to call, email and show your interest in the school. It goes a long way and may make a difference in who gets moved from the WL to accepted students list. Good luck!
Hello all
So I know this question has prob asked by a lot of people but do they take a large amount of people from out of state waitlist and when do they start making decisions about it. I am so tired of this wait now 🙁. Since I have been on the waitlist from dec I have already sent one update letter. Does anyone recommend sending another update letter soon or letter of intent? I mean I know many people are in the same stage as me so any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Does RWJMS accept new letter of recommendations or anything?
Mitalie
If you intend to come to the school if accepted I would write a letter of intent ASAP. Also, call the office and ask if they accept more letters of recommendation.
Also, I believe most waitlists start to move late april-mid may, and continue moving into the summer. So hang tight, its not time to give up hope!
Congratulations to all those who have been accepted. I'm a lieutenant in the US Air Force currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I was so stoked when I found out the Air Force approved my sponsorship package two days ago. I was accepted back in December right before I left, which was a big morale boost. Now I am sure I can matriculate in the fall now that I have HPSP. (for those of you who don't know, HPSP is required for active duty members who still have service commitment left, in other words, I can't do it on my own since I still owe the air force time in the service from my ROTC commitment and they won't let me have a break in service)
The only caveat, I really want to go to USUHS (military med school in Bethesda, by the NIH), but I'm waitlisted there. Unfortunately, the Air Force is taking the hard line saying I have to decide whether or not to accept the scholarship by 12 April, which they said will lock me in to HPSP. So for you waitlisters out there, pray for me that I get a call from USUHS by 12 April with an offer so I can surrender my slot at RWJMS. Otherwise, I'll be forced to accept the offer and matriculate at RWJMS, as my first priority is to be an Air Force doctor. Just sayin.......
The only caveat, I really want to go to USUHS (military med school in Bethesda, by the NIH), but I'm waitlisted there. Unfortunately, the Air Force is taking the hard line saying I have to decide whether or not to accept the scholarship by 12 April, which they said will lock me in to HPSP. So for you waitlisters out there, pray for me that I get a call from USUHS by 12 April with an offer so I can surrender my slot at RWJMS. Otherwise, I'll be forced to accept the offer and matriculate at RWJMS, as my first priority is to be an Air Force doctor. Just sayin.......
just wondering if anyone here has any inclinations towards how the whole high priority waitlist deal is gonna work for 2017 since its been rumored that class size is supposed to decrease :'(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, just got the word. I will be matriculating at RWJMS this fall. Can't wait until I get my orders! 😀
So, question for current students. Why do we need an iPod/Phone/Pad? What exactly are we using them for? Please be specific, because I want to know if my iPod will actually suffice, or should I just bite the bullet and get an iPad. Trying to avoid buying apple products because they do nothing but piss me off.
I just read that in the posts. I didn't know that. I couldn't go to receptions because I'm currently deployed lol. I guess I can't complain about free. Is it a separate charge in the tuition bill, or is it included in "tuition"? That's significant for me, because if it is separate, the Air Force won't pay it for me and its effectively RWJMS forcing me to buy an iPad.
So, question for current students. Why do we need an iPod/Phone/Pad? What exactly are we using them for? Please be specific, because I want to know if my iPod will actually suffice, or should I just bite the bullet and get an iPad. Trying to avoid buying apple products because they do nothing but piss me off.
I'm an accepted student here as well, not an M1 yet, but RWJMS uses iTunes U to record and upload their lectures and lecture slides. It seems like Apple products would be more useful in this case! I think an iPad would be more useful than the iPod because of the apps RWJMS said they will download and give to us.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 599
- Views
- 196K