2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson) Secondary Essay Prompts

1. RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.

R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve

W -- Wellness and resilience

J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery

M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care

S -- Science to advance human health

Please select a RWJMS core value that resonates the most with you. In two paragraphs or less, reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value and how it will contribute to our community of learners. (No Word Limit)

2. Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. Be sure to include the skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (250 words)

3. Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself. (No Word Limit)

4. Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee.
(No Word Limit)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Interview Feedback
 
Last edited:
Secondary Recieved @wysdoc

1. RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.

R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve

W -- Wellness and resilience

J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery

M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care

S -- Science to advance human health

Please select a RWJMS core value that resonates the most with you. In two paragraphs or less, reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value and how it will contribute to our community of learners. (No Word Limit)

2. Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. Be sure to include the skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (250 words)

3. Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself. (No Word Limit)

4. Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee. (No Word Limit)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine still says that the CASPER score has not been received but mine got transmitted two weeks ago. is it only updated once you actually submit the secondary?
 
IS secondary received today.

For some reason it says CASPER was not sent but I submitted it over a month ago. I emailed the office to ask about this.
 
Of course!

Quick question though, are you planning on using the first question of this secondary as a "why us" essay? I wasn't sure if I should or not
I didn't. I chose one of the letters and talked about experiences that I've had which show evidence of that letter and then talked about what I'd be doing while at the school. Imo the research one is the easiest to do but everyone has different experiences.

I think you could potentially use it as a WHy us essay, but I didn't.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we accidentally used a challenge essay for the second one instead of a difficult choice essay, are we screwed?
 
If we accidentally used a challenge essay for the second one instead of a difficult choice essay, are we screwed?
Ah, well, it can happen when you have a selection of essays written and start re-cycling them for different schools.
They might conclude that you didn't really answer the question they asked, but nothing to do at this point.
Don't be too hard on yourself & I know you'll tailor the next ones you write to the prompt.
 
I know it’s a little late in the cycle but I just removed one school from my list and am thinking of replacing it with Rutgers. Anyone know how to send my Casper score to this school after i’ve received my score? I’ve looked on the website and im either dumb/ my brain is fried from these secondaries or its not possible ?? thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!
 
I know it’s a little late in the cycle but I just removed one school from my list and am thinking of replacing it with Rutgers. Anyone know how to send my Casper score to this school after i’ve received my score? I’ve looked on the website and im either dumb/ my brain is fried from these secondaries or its not possible ?? thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!
You can go to the Acuity Insights website and click on the Reservations tab at the top after logging in. Click on the View/Add link, add in the school there, and they'll get your score instantly
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know how OOS friendly RWJMS is?
1692035726483.png


This is from MSAR
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anybody do the PACCE interest essays? If so, how long did you make them? They don't seem to provide a limit