2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson) Secondary Essay Prompts

1. RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.

R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve

W -- Wellness and resilience

J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery

M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care

S -- Science to advance human health

Please select a RWJMS core value that resonates the most with you. In two paragraphs or less, reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value and how it will contribute to our community of learners. (No Word Limit)

2. Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. Be sure to include the skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (250 words)

3. Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself. (No Word Limit)

4. Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee.
(No Word Limit)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Secondary Recieved @wysdoc

1. RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.

R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve

W -- Wellness and resilience

J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery

M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care

S -- Science to advance human health

Please select a RWJMS core value that resonates the most with you. In two paragraphs or less, reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value and how it will contribute to our community of learners. (No Word Limit)

2. Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. Be sure to include the skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (250 words)

3. Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself. (No Word Limit)

4. Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee. (No Word Limit)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you verified on AMCAS? They said they would send secondary's to all applicants but I have yet to hear anything
I was verified June 3rd and received my secondary at the same time as the first person

Mine still says that the CASPER score has not been received but mine got transmitted two weeks ago. is it only updated once you actually submit the secondary?

IS secondary received today.

For some reason it says CASPER was not sent but I submitted it over a month ago. I emailed the office to ask about this.

IS secondary received today.

For some reason it says CASPER was not sent but I submitted it over a month ago. I emailed the office to ask about this.
Thanks, Let me know what they say cause I have the same issue

Thanks, Let me know what they say cause I have the same issue
Of course!

Quick question though, are you planning on using the first question of this secondary as a "why us" essay? I wasn't sure if I should or not

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course!

Quick question though, are you planning on using the first question of this secondary as a "why us" essay? I wasn't sure if I should or not
I didn't. I chose one of the letters and talked about experiences that I've had which show evidence of that letter and then talked about what I'd be doing while at the school. Imo the research one is the easiest to do but everyone has different experiences.

I think you could potentially use it as a WHy us essay, but I didn't.

They've updated my application with my casper score and I was just now marked as complete for everyone wondering about why their CASPER score wasn't received.

Reactions: 1 users
how much are you guys writing for the 1st question? no word limit but "in two paragraphs or less"

what are people using the "additional information" question for, if anything?

If we accidentally used a challenge essay for the second one instead of a difficult choice essay, are we screwed?

If we accidentally used a challenge essay for the second one instead of a difficult choice essay, are we screwed?
Ah, well, it can happen when you have a selection of essays written and start re-cycling them for different schools.
They might conclude that you didn't really answer the question they asked, but nothing to do at this point.
Don't be too hard on yourself & I know you'll tailor the next ones you write to the prompt.

Isn’t it asking for a challenge? I don’t rly see where it wants a difficult choice

Reactions: 2 users
I know it’s a little late in the cycle but I just removed one school from my list and am thinking of replacing it with Rutgers. Anyone know how to send my Casper score to this school after i’ve received my score? I’ve looked on the website and im either dumb/ my brain is fried from these secondaries or its not possible ?? thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!

I know it’s a little late in the cycle but I just removed one school from my list and am thinking of replacing it with Rutgers. Anyone know how to send my Casper score to this school after i’ve received my score? I’ve looked on the website and im either dumb/ my brain is fried from these secondaries or its not possible ?? thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!
You can go to the Acuity Insights website and click on the Reservations tab at the top after logging in. Click on the View/Add link, add in the school there, and they'll get your score instantly

Reactions: 1 user
When did people who received secondaries submit their primary? This is the only school that I haven't received a secondary from and I submitted 7/4.

When did people who received secondaries submit their primary? This is the only school that I haven't received a secondary from and I submitted 7/4.
If you have a sub 498 MCAT, a subsection lower than 123, or a sub 3.0 gpa, you get screened out of the applicant pool. Otherwise, I'd email them. I submitted 6/3 but I got my secondary on July 7

If you have a sub 498 MCAT, a subsection lower than 123, or a sub 3.0 gpa, you get screened out of the applicant pool. Otherwise, I'd email them. I submitted 6/3 but I got my secondary on July 7
Yea I definitely didn't get screened out based on that. I'll email them to see.

II! Submitted and completed on 7/12
LM 65

Last edited:
Submitted 7/15 (3.9 | 515) - Reapplicant - still nothing

anyone know how OOS friendly RWJMS is?
1692035726483.png

This is from MSAR

II recieved, submitted on 7/18. OOS but born and raised in NJ

Did anyone apply to MD PhD and have any md phd specific questions?

Did anybody do the PACCE interest essays? If so, how long did you make them? They don't seem to provide a limit