2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have info on how the highest priority WL works, do they usually tell you after the interview your final decision or is it possible for someone to move from the high priority to the highest?
 
I also heard they rank students on the waitlists does anyone know if they disclose your position on the list?
 
Does anyone have info on how the highest priority WL works, do they usually tell you after the interview your final decision or is it possible for someone to move from the high priority to the highest?

Is there a difference between high priority and highest priority waitlist?

This interview is after waitlist movement usually happens and around the time some linkage programs interview. So the high priority list should move before anyone is placed on “highest.” Not sure why they do it like this.
 
This interview is after waitlist movement usually happens and around the time some linkage programs interview. So the high priority list should move before anyone is placed on “highest.” Not sure why they do it like this.
where did you hear this?
 
This interview is after waitlist movement usually happens and around the time some linkage programs interview. So the high priority list should move before anyone is placed on “highest.” Not sure why they do it like this.
Do you know how many people are usually on the high priority waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they don’t take letters of intent here, but does anyone know how they feel about letters of interest? I was under the impression they only really cared about update letters.
 
I know they don’t take letters of intent here, but does anyone know how they feel about letters of interest? I was under the impression they only really cared about update letters.
From MSAR:

Waitlist Information​

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle:
We typically have a high priority and waitlist group. In most cycles we do offer spots to applicants on the alternate list.
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist:
25
Waitlist procedures and information:
We accept updates and letters of interest from high priority applicants. Offers from the alternate list generally will not be made prior to May 1st.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have tips for the MMI? Super nervous and excited about my late interview! 🙂
Just be yourself! Try to tie in your clinical/life experiences with each scenario and leave room at the end to ask if they have any questions for you, don't feel like you need to use all the allotted time for your response. The faculty/students are very nice, I definitely rambled for my first section but I knew they could tell I was nervous. Good luck!
 
Just be yourself! Try to tie in your clinical/life experiences with each scenario and leave room at the end to ask if they have any questions for you, don't feel like you need to use all the allotted time for your response. The faculty/students are very nice, I definitely rambled for my first section but I knew they could tell I was nervous. Good luck!
Thank you sm!
 
Anyone have tips for the MMI? Super nervous and excited about my late interview! 🙂
Like the person said above, make sure to tie in all your experiences and also make sure your answers are well structured and answer every part of the question without making any specific assumptions, keep an open mind and you’ll do great

Better to say less than too much sometimes
 
Based on last years thread is there highest priority of the high priority wait list this year? Has anyone been told they are on the highest priority of the high priority wait list?
 
Based on last years thread is there highest priority of the high priority wait list this year? Has anyone been told they are on the highest priority of the high priority wait list?
I’m interviewing on may 20 and they told me it was for the highest priority wl
 
So do you think there won't be any waitlist movement until after May 20?
I honestly have no idea. I’m a regular applicant but I believe that most of the other people interviewing on my day are from their linkage programs. Not sure if that means they’re waiting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad