2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i don't remember the march one (i think in the 20s), but the feb one is today
that's the one I withdrew lol

Members don't see this ad.

So is it pretty much a soft R if you haven't gotten an II from this school at this point? If so, I question the fact that they don't do rolling admissions, mostly based on the stats I've seen about this school's matriculants.

Reactions: 1 users
So is it pretty much a soft R if you haven't gotten an II from this school at this point? If so, I question the fact that they don't do rolling admissions, mostly based on the stats I've seen about this school's matriculants.
In their feedback to applicants in the interviews, they explicitly said they don't do rolling and the next round of acceptances will be in mid to late March. Why would they lie about it? There is no SDN posted acceptance in last 6 week so the evidence seems to indicate that nothing is happening currently in terms of acceptances. They are doing some additional interviews in March so there could still be some final round of IIs coming shortly. Too early to assume soft R. Give it 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is there an accepted students page or group me? sorry if this has been asked before!

did anyone hear back a decision for the feb 3rd interview yet?

Any hot tips for the MMI? Info session made it sound like it would be pretty run of the mill questions w/nothing too out there

Any hot tips for the MMI? Info session made it sound like it would be pretty run of the mill questions w/nothing too out there
yeah it was very typical MMI but all the interviewers were really nice and encouraging! no crazy questions in mine

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone hear back a decision for the feb 3rd interview yet?
I interviewed mid January and they told us they will send admissions decisions later in March for all interviewees between January and March (I believe the date is March 30th but don’t quote me on that)

Someone from admissions said 2nd or 3rd week of March, but not sure when the last interviews in March are.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! I have been neurotically refreshing SDN every morning😭
There’s interviews on March 24th, so maybe last week of March for decisions?

Dean of admissions said they’re trying to get 1st round of decisions by 3/15 and 2nd round by 4/1

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^^also heard this from the admissions office

This is great that RWJ would provide this level of detail to clarify expectations. On the other hand, picking the Ides of March and April Fools day could mean that these RWJ ADCOMs are really some kind of Jersey wise guys.

Phone Calls on 1 April: Whadyamean I got accepted to dis Med School on April Fools day?? Are youse guys jokin or what?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
just got the A!! phone call
IS, interviewed early feb

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the phone call as well! Please bump the groupme if you have it!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone who got in today!!

If we didn't get a call today, does it mean they'll call up until the 15th or was today their "March 15th" date

So should I assume a hold because I didn’t get a cal today?

Also got the call! Was in the Grocery store and cried. Congrats everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Still waiting for the call😭. Please don’t stop posting A if they are still calling tmr.

is anyone deciding between the two rutgers and want to share how you are deciding?

Reactions: 2 users
Interview 1/12, got the official letter of acceptance now :)

• Love
HPWL just now, interviewed 1/5. Congratulations to all that have been accepted !

HPWL couple mins ago. Interviewed on 2/3. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Is there a difference between being an alternate and HPWL

Is there a difference between being an alternate and HPWL
From my understanding high priority waitlist / high priority alternative list are one in the same according to last year’s thread

HPWL. Chances of getting off it does anyone know?

Is anyone still waiting to get a decision? Call or email. I haven’t heard anything. I interviewed 2/23

Did anyone else get an acceptance letter but no call?
I missed the call because I put a landline # on my AMCAS common app, which was converted to a fax machine a few months ago. So, I missed the call, but got an email the following day.

Can someone help me understand the total cost of attendance for an instate resident? This site is a little confusing.

In other words, if I maintain my own residence the total costs (not including tuition) is $34,878. Then, I add on $43,345 for medicine tuition, is that correct? Then it's 78K total for instate? That doesn't seem right...

Can someone help me understand the total cost of attendance for an instate resident? This site is a little confusing.

In other words, if I maintain my own residence the total costs (not including tuition) is $34,878. Then, I add on $43,345 for medicine tuition, is that correct? Then it's 78K total for instate? That doesn't seem right...

Equally confused, but I'm wondering if the $40K is for the medicine tuition and the $30K is for the expected personal costs of being a student. In other words, housing, transportation, and books are not covered by tuition and paid out of pocket. But they technically can be reduced if frugal options are explored. I'd imagine they listed this as such to help students plan a budget for medical school.

Equally confused, but I'm wondering if the $40K is for the medicine tuition and the $30K is for the expected personal costs of being a student. In other words, housing, transportation, and books are not covered by tuition and paid out of pocket. But they technically can be reduced if frugal options are explored. I'd imagine they listed this as such to help students plan a budget for medical school.
I suppose I am just surprised because 78K is essentially the same price the school I'm deciding between. And such school is ranked higher/in the middle of a city. How is instate tuition basically the same price as a private, city school?

From my understanding high priority waitlist / high priority alternative list are one in the same according to last year’s thread
wait i thought HPWL was higher than alternate??

but also if anyone can explain the waitlist process and groupings that would be so appreciated <3

I suppose I am just surprised because 78K is essentially the same price the school I'm deciding between. And such school is ranked higher/in the middle of a city. How is instate tuition basically the same price as a private, city school?
Are you comparing the tuitions of the school or total cost of attendance? Total cost of attendance will include both the medical school tuition and the expected out-of-pocket costs as mentioned. For example, a private school in the city may cost $60k, and then an addition $20-30k for living expenses/out-of-pocket costs.

Are you comparing the tuitions of the school or total cost of attendance? Total cost of attendance will include both the medical school tuition and the expected out-of-pocket costs as mentioned. For example, a private school in the city may cost $60k, and then an addition $20-30k for living expenses/out-of-pocket costs.

Nowhere in the first table does it specify "medicine tuition" as part of expected out-of-pocket costs...