2012-2013 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When do interview invites usually get sent out? Same time frame?
I'm not sure about interview invites... They are probably different so they can do one thing at a time :) so there is still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get either! My first rejection?!?! I hope not! Maybe they just had the wrong number... I can always hope...

I didn't get either! My first rejection?!?! I hope not! Maybe they just had the wrong number... I can always hope...
I haven't gotten anything either! this is just torture!

yaaaay! interview invite finally. i had given up on phoenix. so happy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming this is the hold email?

Dear DAPI,

Thank you for your interest in the entering class of 2013 at UA Phoenix Med.

The Admissions Committee has completed the full review of your application, including the results of your multiple mini-interview and letters of recommendation. Based on the full review of your experiences, attributes and academics, we remain interested in your application through the next round. The decisions from this round can result in an offer of admission, further hold or the final release of your application from further consideration. The next date by which you will receive an update is February 8, 2013.

At this time, we kindly request that you not send updates to your file.

Again, we appreciate your interest and wish you well during this process.

Regards,

Tara

So no one on SDN got a phone call?

Yes, sorry to hear that you got the hold. :(

I was really crossing my fingers for you. I hope next month will bring you good news.

At least it was not an outright rejection. They usually accept about 20, reject about 20, and put everyone else on hold. Tara will probably come on here in the next hour and state how many were accepted, etc.

dsoz

I still haven't heard anything either. Since my application was complete back in September but I never got a hold email, does that mean it has yet to be reviewed? I'm confused. Oh well!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting and condolences to those rejected/still on hold. Anticipation can be nerve wracking and rejection is awful. We'll get through it!:luck:

25 offers were extended - a few from previous deferral rounds. Fewer than 20 were released and all others were deferred to next round. All notices were made by 6pm.

Fewer than a dozen invitation invites remain - will complete the process on Monday.

Have a good weekend - hope everyone is healthy. Flu is hitting hard!

They usually accept about 20, reject about 20, and put everyone else on hold. Tara will probably come on here in the next hour and state how many were accepted, etc.

dsoz

Did I call that one or what?

Good luck to all that are left in the pool. I will watch from the sidelines and cheer for those that are lucky enough to get into U A Phoenix.

dsoz

25 offers were extended - a few from previous deferral rounds. Fewer than 20 were released and all others were deferred to next round. All notices were made by 6pm.

Fewer than a dozen invitation invites remain - will complete the process on Monday.

What if we didn't hear anything :( (I interviewed early December)

Does this mean that out of the 25 offers extended fewer than 20 were released

Tara, I was put on hold last round and have not received any notice whatsoever about this round as of now (6:45pm PST). Any help would be much appreciated.

Tara, I was put on hold last round and have not received any notice whatsoever about this round as of now (6:45pm PST). Any help would be much appreciated.
I didn't hear anything either!

I think released is a nice way to say rejected since 25 were offered acceptances and the rest deferred

Hmmm I wonder what the issue is. Every time previously the notifications were like clockwork. I hope everything is ok...
Me too! I hope our info didn't just disappear!

accepted today. a dream. what a long and grueling process it is. i totally understand what everyone in here is going through. this is my second year applying, and for those still waiting to hear back, stay positive. continue to want it, continue to chase it, and it'll come to you. this has been an incredibly trying year for me, but it only makes it sweeter in the end. i sincerely wish the best for all of you, i hope you guys hear some good news.

as hard as it is to follow this, try to take your mind off things/sdn, do what you enjoy doing this weekend. phoenix is an incredible campus and i'm grateful to receive the acceptance, keep your heads up!

accepted today. a dream. what a long and grueling process it is. i totally understand what everyone in here is going through. this is my second year applying, and for those still waiting to hear back, stay positive. continue to want it, continue to chase it, and it'll come to you. this has been an incredibly trying year for me, but it only makes it sweeter in the end. i sincerely wish the best for all of you, i hope you guys hear some good news.

as hard as it is to follow this, try to take your mind off things/sdn, do what you enjoy doing this weekend. phoenix is an incredible campus and i'm grateful to receive the acceptance, keep your heads up!
Congratulations! :D

No, it was a nice way to say they were rejected out of the hold pool.

No one was overlooked - seems a delay in email messages has occurred. Will look into the issue tomorrow. Sorry for the added angst.

Congratulations! I love hearing about persistance paying off. Don't forget to contact Music Junkie about our group. See ya soon.

I was really hoping for an interview, but it's not looking like it's going to happen this time. Congrats to all those that got accepted! Truly jealous.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

No one was overlooked - seems a delay in email messages has occurred. Will look into the issue tomorrow. Sorry for the added angst.
Thank you for checking Tara! I will keep looking. I am very grateful that you are here and respond so quickly! Thank you!!

What's the benefit of going to the mixer?

The mixer lets you meet with current students and other applicants the day before the interview. It was nice to already know some people on the interview day, and the students were very good about answering questions about the school, student life and anything else you could think of. For me going to the mixer lowered my stress level for the following day and helped me feel more comfortable with the whole process.

It appears the "hold" email message for a batch of applicants (fewer than 20) got stuck in cyberspace. We have manually pushed the message out. Fr those without an update yesterday, please look for the message soon and if not received lady, contact our office by email/phone or PM me. Note: Monday is an Applicant Visit Day, so we'll be away from our offices until late afternoon.

Have a nice weekend - although cold in Phoenix, the sun is shining!

Are there any updates to the available interview invitations? Should I be expecting an email about the interview with a yes or no later tonight or later this week?

Are there any updates to the available interview invitations? Should I be expecting an email about the interview with a yes or no later tonight or later this week?

I am curious about this as well

We have 8 final interview seats to offer - making final round is difficult. Decisions will be final tomorrow, at which time everyone will be updated.

We have 8 final interview seats to offer - making final round is difficult. Decisions will be final tomorrow, at which time everyone will be updated.

Thank you for the fast reply. Do you have any idea what time we should expect the updates tomorrow?

I was born and raised in Arizona, graduated from an AZ high school and NAU, but now I'm a Montana resident, non-trad. This is my second year applying, but no love from Arizona. Oh, well. It will be good to know once and for all. Good luck tomorrow everyone still hoping for an ii :) :luck:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how the Admissions Office contacts after they call and offer an acceptance. I got the acceptance call on the 11th and haven't heard anything yet via email or my secondary portal. The neurotic pre-med student in me keeps wondering if I dreamt it.. but some eye witnesses have confirmed that I did indeed get "the call" :) I'm so humbled and grateful, and I can't wait to start my journey in Phoenix.

My thoughts are with everyone waiting to hear back.. best of luck!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how the Admissions Office contacts after they call and offer an acceptance. I got the acceptance call on the 11th and haven't heard anything yet via email or my secondary portal. The neurotic pre-med student in me keeps wondering if I dreamt it.. but some eye witnesses have confirmed that I did indeed get "the call" :) I'm so humbled and grateful, and I can't wait to start my journey in Phoenix.

My thoughts are with everyone waiting to hear back.. best of luck!

Haha, Dont worry I did this too. I started questioning if I had just imagined the whole thing. It will come about a week

Anyone hear anything on the last 8 interview slots? I haven't lost hope yet... not quite :)

Just got the rejection email a few seconds ago.... Bummer. Congrats to the lucky ones. Good luck from here on out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.