2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
iirc they said they interview about 500. it seems like they're getting pretty close to it but maybe there are a few to go if they want to get closer to that?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a stupid question…but neurotic so here I am. Last years admissions page shows 170 “direct offers”….my initial thought is that this does not include waitlist at all but just straight up A’s they had to give to get the 120 seats filled before waitlist..? Anyone have thoughts on this?

Don’t wanna let myself think I’m interviewing for the waitlist and intrusive thoughts get real sometimes

Seems like a stupid question…but neurotic so here I am. Last years admissions page shows 170 “direct offers”….my initial thought is that this does not include waitlist at all but just straight up A’s they had to give to get the 120 seats filled before waitlist..? Anyone have thoughts on this?

Don’t wanna let myself think I’m interviewing for the waitlist and intrusive thoughts get real sometimes
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that there are 170 direct offers, and anyone who does not get one of those is placed on the waitlist. I'm assuming they give out a decent amount of A's from the waitlist after the initial 170, but MSAR says waitlist movement varies year to year. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that there are 170 direct offers, and anyone who does not get one of those is placed on the waitlist. I'm assuming they give out a decent amount of A's from the waitlist after the initial 170, but MSAR says waitlist movement varies year to year. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

Thanks for your input! I was thinking the same thing. I mean I know that dartmouth gave 250 A’s last year for 92 spots, and had like 25 come off the waitlist…so for UofA-Phoenix having 120 seats, I’d assume they accept a good amount more than the seats too before waitlist. Thanks again!!

Has anyone received a pre-II rejection or some type of hold? Been complete since late July with no updates

Reactions: 2 users
And so it has begun. +1 to the pre-II R gang, OOS, complete August

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school has optional lectures? I can't find definitive information anywhere.

Does anyone know if this school has optional lectures? I can't find definitive information anywhere.
According to students they said that there are some mandatory class days that you will be informed about in advance. Other than that most classes are filmed and are available afterwards to be viewed at higher speeds.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a strong feeling interview invites are done and over with 😥. Was really hoping for some love from this school, it was a good run.

Looks like 11 more admissions yesterday based on their tracker

Pre-II R today, Complete 08/08, OOS, neighboring state, LM 69

• Sad
Those who have interviewed, was the MMI more scenarios/ethics/current events based or personality? Also, what is the etiquette with handshakes in this time of COVID lol

Those who have interviewed, was the MMI more scenarios/ethics/current events based or personality? Also, what is the etiquette with handshakes in this time of COVID lol
Can't really give details, but I asked before shaking hands. It went something like "Normally, I'd go straight for a handshake but I'm unsure if you're comfortable." Then they'd either reach out their hand or thank me for asking. Also asked if they preferred I stayed masked or if they were comfortable with me taking it off (if they were unmasked).

Reactions: 1 users
II received on 2/7–Interview day on 2/20! Super happy!! Looks like it’ll be their last AVD this season

Reactions: 3 users
This is my dream school. I love everything there is about this school and this community. Im OOS and sent in my secondary in June. I know they don't accept letters of intent or anything but is there anything we can do to let the school know we are really interested? Also, are interviews still going on? Starting to lose hope.

so if we were told to expect to hear back today for our interview day and haven't yet...?

edit: patience is a virtue - just got my answer in the form of a hold - congrats to all the As today! it's encouraging to see As after holds

Last edited:
Anyone else still haven’t heard anything from here? Are they done sending IIs? :/