You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bananie15
Full Member
are they done giving II here? Admissions tracker on their page says 456 interviews and last year they gave 448..
I’m losing hope at this point. 🙁
Have there been any post-II Rs yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tiktaaalik
Full Member
Seems like a stupid question…but neurotic so here I am. Last years admissions page shows 170 “direct offers”….my initial thought is that this does not include waitlist at all but just straight up A’s they had to give to get the 120 seats filled before waitlist..? Anyone have thoughts on this?
Don’t wanna let myself think I’m interviewing for the waitlist and intrusive thoughts get real sometimes [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Don’t wanna let myself think I’m interviewing for the waitlist and intrusive thoughts get real sometimes [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that there are 170 direct offers, and anyone who does not get one of those is placed on the waitlist. I'm assuming they give out a decent amount of A's from the waitlist after the initial 170, but MSAR says waitlist movement varies year to year. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.Seems like a stupid question…but neurotic so here I am. Last years admissions page shows 170 “direct offers”….my initial thought is that this does not include waitlist at all but just straight up A’s they had to give to get the 120 seats filled before waitlist..? Anyone have thoughts on this?
Don’t wanna let myself think I’m interviewing for the waitlist and intrusive thoughts get real sometimes [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Tiktaaalik
Full Member
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that there are 170 direct offers, and anyone who does not get one of those is placed on the waitlist. I'm assuming they give out a decent amount of A's from the waitlist after the initial 170, but MSAR says waitlist movement varies year to year. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.
Thanks for your input! I was thinking the same thing. I mean I know that dartmouth gave 250 A’s last year for 92 spots, and had like 25 come off the waitlist…so for UofA-Phoenix having 120 seats, I’d assume they accept a good amount more than the seats too before waitlist. Thanks again!!
furryllama22
Full Member
+1, complete in august as well!Pre-II R - Complete in Aug
D
deleted1153753
And so it has begun. +1 to the pre-II R gang, OOS, complete August
+1 PRE II R, OOS Sept complete
+1 complete early July. Good luck to those still in the running!Pre-II R - Complete in Aug
Does anyone know if this school has optional lectures? I can't find definitive information anywhere.
puppyluvr52737
New Member
According to students they said that there are some mandatory class days that you will be informed about in advance. Other than that most classes are filmed and are available afterwards to be viewed at higher speeds.Does anyone know if this school has optional lectures? I can't find definitive information anywhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Director said 1/9 interviewees should hear back today right?
YesDirector said 1/9 interviewees should hear back today right?
Pleasejustone
Full Member
Got the A call today! Super Excited!
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Just got the hold email
+1Just got the hold email
TOODILLYDOO
New Member
just got an II today!
Tiktaaalik
Full Member
Congrats!!!! What day is your interview for?just got an II today!
TOODILLYDOO
New Member
next monday, Feb 6Congrats!!!! What day is your interview for?
just got an II today!
Congrats 🙂 Did you get a hold email before?
Tiktaaalik
Full Member
nice! Thats when I am interviewing as well. We got this!next monday, Feb 6
gabagolddigger
Full Member
I have a strong feeling interview invites are done and over with 😥. Was really hoping for some love from this school, it was a good run.
OOS II yesterday! Complete mid-August.
Looks like 11 more admissions yesterday based on their tracker
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R, Complete 8/12, LM 73. Good luck to everyone else!
Pre-II R today, Complete 08/08, OOS, neighboring state, LM 69
neuroticismpremium
Full Member
Those who have interviewed, was the MMI more scenarios/ethics/current events based or personality? Also, what is the etiquette with handshakes in this time of COVID lol
Can't really give details, but I asked before shaking hands. It went something like "Normally, I'd go straight for a handshake but I'm unsure if you're comfortable." Then they'd either reach out their hand or thank me for asking. Also asked if they preferred I stayed masked or if they were comfortable with me taking it off (if they were unmasked).Those who have interviewed, was the MMI more scenarios/ethics/current events based or personality? Also, what is the etiquette with handshakes in this time of COVID lol
Any other accepted students also get a physical acceptance letter in the mail? Originally accepted in October, another acceptance letter recieved today [emoji23]
happycappuccino
Full Member
II received on 2/7–Interview day on 2/20! Super happy!! Looks like it’ll be their last AVD this season
This is my dream school. I love everything there is about this school and this community. Im OOS and sent in my secondary in June. I know they don't accept letters of intent or anything but is there anything we can do to let the school know we are really interested? Also, are interviews still going on? Starting to lose hope.
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
Got the A today
Was on post-II hold for a few months
Was on post-II hold for a few months
richeybaseball
Full Member
any post-II hold people heard anything today?
Nothing yet
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Still nothin for me eitherNothing yet
so if we were told to expect to hear back today for our interview day and haven't yet...?
edit: patience is a virtue - just got my answer in the form of a hold - congrats to all the As today! it's encouraging to see As after holds
edit: patience is a virtue - just got my answer in the form of a hold - congrats to all the As today! it's encouraging to see As after holds
Last edited:
pleasejust1
Full Member
Hold today. A hold is still hope.
For those of you invited to a Revisit Day, did you get an itinerary yet? My "Attend class with a current student" is next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still haven’t heard anything from here? Are they done sending IIs? :/
From what I have been told, they are still interviewing and I think will be doing so for the next few weeks.Anyone else still haven’t heard anything from here? Are they done sending IIs? :/
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
+1pre-II R. Complete in August
+2pre-II R. Complete in August