2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread

Started by JJMrK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/16 complete. 4.0/37 stats. Wrote optional essay. II today. Scheduled interview for mid-October. Good luck everyone.
 
Does anyone have any data on # of interviews/# of acceptances? I see matriculated on MSAR.. but that only allows for an estimate of acceptances.
 
It seems like they're doing big GPA invites. Also seems like it all went out at the same time.
you have a fairly small sample size to make such a claim?

II here as well w/ 35 super scored MCAT and 3.9+ GPA

edit: complete 7/15 and wrote optional essay
 
Last edited:
The hotel a block away is in such high demand that they refuse to allow reservations unless its for 3 nights 🙁 Best Western, here I come.
And don't give up hope! I was a 3.7, not a 3.9+ 🙂
 
Last edited:
When I visited Rice, Best Western was actually pretty close to Baylor/Rice. I don't think you need to worry (although Houston August is kinda hot, and walking from Best Western to Baylor might make you sweat)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I visited Rice, Best Western was actually pretty close to Baylor/Rice. I don't think you need to worry (although Houston August is kinda hot, and walking from Best Western to Baylor might make you sweat)

Wrong school 😛 Boston =/= Baylor?
 
II this morning! First one too!

Complete 7/12. Also 3.68/3.60/34 so they're looking at more than GPA heavy hitters right now so have hope! 🙂
 
II this morning! First one too!

Complete 7/12. Also 3.68/3.60/34 so they're looking at more than GPA heavy hitters right now so have hope! 🙂

This gives me hope! I have almost identical stats as you but I was complete 7/25 so ill patiently wait my turn 🙂
 
It seems like they're doing big GPA invites. Also seems like it all went out at the same time.

Like others said, probably not. I'm a non-trad reapplicant and my GPA is not stellar. They're definitely looking at the whole package.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! First one. Scheduled for 10/16. Complete 7/17.

IS 3.89/4.0/36 reapplicant/non-trad
 
Last edited:
Isn't it possible they just invite high stat people first? I don't think it's as simple as just chronological order. At least I hope not (complete here 7/18)

I'm hoping that for all of my schools right now haha. With my stats, I never expected to be the first to get an interview. I went to a forum of admissions committee members from a bunch of schools once and they said they usually organize applications into "piles" based on stats and go through them one at a time offering interviews. So high stats get the first ones and then low stats that they still think offer something would get the last ones. That's why at a lot of schools high stat people who have only been complete for a day get an interview, they get sorted into the "invite right away" pile. Obviously that's not going to be true for all schools, but it seems popular.
 
Isn't it possible they just invite high stat people first? I don't think it's as simple as just chronological order. At least I hope not (complete here 7/18)

I hope so. Thou with my 3.8/34, it seems like many people with those stats are receiving IIs. I completed before 7/10 but I am a reapplicant, so many they take a longer time to evaluate reapps? I really want an II here!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete on 7/10 and haven't heard back yet either 🙁

Stats 3.76/32

It happens guys. Some may be returned to throughout the cycle, some may not. The interview rate at most private schools is at or below 15%. A lot more people are not getting interviewed at BU than those that are. Hopefully, if you have a good app, you will make it into that 15% at some schools. A lot of you guys seem to have that, so hopefully you'll do well. I know this doesn't help a ton, but it's a perspective I've come to find important.
 
Hey guys, I interviewed here last year and was ultimately accepted. I wrote about the experience here, if anyone is interested. Good luck to you all!