You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is there anyone else who was complete around 7/3 and hasn't heard anything (rejection/interview)?
Does BU do silent rejections?
Does BU do silent rejections?
I have no idea lol. I have been complete since 7/3 and haven't heard anything. At most schools it wouldn't mean much but everyone says how linear BU is, so I'm surprised I haven't heard anything at all. I am just curious I there are others in the same boat lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea lol. I have been complete since 7/3 and haven't heard anything. At most schools it wouldn't mean much but everyone says how linear BU is, so I'm surprised I haven't heard anything at all. I am just curious I there are others in the same boat lol.
Same here :/ complete 07/09
I would think hearing nothing is better than getting a rejection. Probably more like a silent hold. Plus who actually knows how these admissions people do anything anyways?
II! Complete 8/5 3.7/37. I filled out the optional essay.
Can't wait to visit boston 😀!
I don't know if it had any impact at all, but I did send Boston some correspondence related to an optional part of my application (additional LOR) this morning. Could be completely unrelated with the II or maybe they thought it showed interest, who knows but just thought I'd share 🙂
Can't wait to visit boston 😀!
I don't know if it had any impact at all, but I did send Boston some correspondence related to an optional part of my application (additional LOR) this morning. Could be completely unrelated with the II or maybe they thought it showed interest, who knows but just thought I'd share 🙂
II! Complete 8/5 3.7/37. I filled out the optional essay.
Can't wait to visit boston 😀!
I don't know if it had any impact at all, but I did send Boston some correspondence related to an optional part of my application (additional LOR) this morning. Could be completely unrelated with the II or maybe they thought it showed interest, who knows but just thought I'd share 🙂
How did you send the correspondence? Through email in the portal?
How did you send the correspondence? Through email in the portal?
Yup. Through their message center.
Do we need an elaborate explanation for the no health professions committee answer?
Same here :/ complete 07/09
Same here too, complete 7/17. Didn't fill out the optional essay but I wish I had expressed how much I wanted to see BU 🙁
for the pre-req grid, do we put all the bio classes we've taken if we're a bio major or just pre-reqs?
scrolled through and didn't find an answer in the thread.
thanks!
scrolled through and didn't find an answer in the thread.
thanks!
for the pre-req grid, do we put all the bio classes we've taken if we're a bio major or just pre-reqs?
scrolled through and didn't find an answer in the thread.
thanks!
I'm pretty sure the instructions in the secondary say to enter ALL classes you've taken that fit that category, and explain if you have more than twenty in any in the box below.
I'm pretty sure the instructions in the secondary say to enter ALL classes you've taken that fit that category, and explain if you have more than twenty in any in the box below.
Okay, thanks! Also, is research included if it was biological and shows up on our transcript?
II! Complete 8/5 3.7/37. I filled out the optional essay.
Can't wait to visit boston 😀!
I don't know if it had any impact at all, but I did send Boston some correspondence related to an optional part of my application (additional LOR) this morning. Could be completely unrelated with the II or maybe they thought it showed interest, who knows but just thought I'd share 🙂
I was complete on 8/5 as well...


I know that BU doesn't accept transfers into this 7 year Med Program...But can't you apply to their Med School later on? Like after your 3rd or 4th year of college or something? Isn't it an "early assurance" program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected
Particularly painful as a Boston native
Particularly painful as a Boston native
I'm still in purgatory, complete 7/18. I'm anxiously awaiting for the II or rejection. I like that Boston doesn't string applicants along for 6-8 months like some schools.
I'm still in purgatory, complete 7/18. I'm anxiously awaiting for the II or rejection. I like that Boston doesn't string applicants along for 6-8 months like some schools.
+1 and +1
Complete the same day actually.
Last edited:
Rejection here too
I'm still in purgatory, complete 7/18. I'm anxiously awaiting for the II or rejection. I like that Boston doesn't string applicants along for 6-8 months like some schools.
+1. Although I was complete on 7/10 so I've been in purgatory a bit longer.
Rejection here too
+1 🙁
Too bad, I love the school and the city!!
I'm still in purgatory, complete 7/18. I'm anxiously awaiting for the II or rejection. I like that Boston doesn't string applicants along for 6-8 months like some schools.
I'm a reapplicant. A couple years ago I applied to BU around September. At that time, the SDN wisdom was that if you weren't rejected or invited to an interview within 4-6 weeks of completion, you were basically on hold. That happened to me - I got my II all the way at the end of January. So yeah...BU will hold applicants for months, but, unlike many other schools, there is still hope for those applicants.
Sorry guys 🙁 when were those that were rejected complete?
Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.
I'm a reapplicant. A couple years ago I applied to BU around September. At that time, the SDN wisdom was that if you weren't rejected or invited to an interview within 4-6 weeks of completion, you were basically on hold. That happened to me - I got my II all the way at the end of January. So yeah...BU will hold applicants for months, but, unlike many other schools, there is still hope for those applicants.
Thanks for the info! Guess I won't hold my breath.
Sorry guys 🙁 when were those that were rejected complete?
Nothing here yet.
Complete 7/4
First rejection, ouch :\ 34, 3.8+, complete 7/4
II!
Complete 7/24
Got the II on 8/17 but it was in my spam box so make sure you check your spam!
Complete 7/24
Got the II on 8/17 but it was in my spam box so make sure you check your spam!
Congrats! Mind providing your stats? Good luck.II!
Complete 7/24
Got the II on 8/17 but it was in my spam box so make sure you check your spam!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. 3.65, 34. Wasn't really one of my schools of great interest.
Sorry to hear that. Mind sharing when you were complete? We have very similar stats.
Rejected. 3.65, 34. Wasn't really one of my schools of great interest.
+1 right there with ya! Who wants to go to BU anyway? 😛
Joking aside, congrats to everybody with II's!
II 🙂 Complete 8/5. 3.65, 37. No optional essay for me.
Rejected. Very nice rejection letter, though. They do have a point about receiving a ridiculous number of apps. One of my friends who had strong numbers and amazing ECs was rejected pre-interview at BU, but later accepted at Dartmouth. This process is a little bit of a crapshoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc23 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Mind sharing when you were complete? We have very similar stats.
I don't remember, it was very early July. Complete dates don't mean squat in this process BTW. Thought maybe I'd at least get a trip to Fenway out of an interview invite!
Originally Posted by dcc23 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Mind sharing when you were complete? We have very similar stats.
I don't remember, it was very early July. Complete dates don't mean squat in this process BTW. Thought maybe I'd at least get a trip to Fenway out of an interview invite!
Rejected. Very nice rejection letter, though. They do have a point about receiving a ridiculous number of apps. One of my friends who had strong numbers and amazing ECs was rejected pre-interview at BU, but later accepted at Dartmouth. This process is a little bit of a crapshoot.
Sorry to hear about that. Was the letter an email or snail mail?
Rejected today. Secondary complete on July 9.
Interview invite this morning! 3.61/38, complete 8/9.
Although the earliest interview date I was offered was November 20. Should I be concerned about that? Do they offer you interview date ranges based on how much they like you or is just based on order of applications processed?
Although the earliest interview date I was offered was November 20. Should I be concerned about that? Do they offer you interview date ranges based on how much they like you or is just based on order of applications processed?
Sorry to hear about that. Was the letter an email or snail mail?
E-mail, though it looked all nice and official.
My earliest date was Nov 20th as well, so I'd say the latter. Maybe they just schedule them further down the road.Interview invite this morning! 3.61/38, complete 8/9.
Although the earliest interview date I was offered was November 20. Should I be concerned about that? Do they offer you interview date ranges based on how much they like you or is just based on order of applications processed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This! Exact same situation over here.Rejection (complete 7/18)
Guess I wasnt expecting much with a 10th percentile MCAT.
Rejected as well. Complete 7/17. Note to future applicants: I wish I had used the optional essay to express my interest 🙁
Wait, you already have interviews at Saint Louis, Michigan, Pitt, Baylor, UVA, Wake, Ohio State, and GWU but BU rejected you pre-interview?!
Lesson learned, this process truly is a total crapshoot. With so many applicants, it seems like they resort to coin flips. Guess yours came up tails.
first rejection!
stellar gpa, average mcat. too bad - they seem to judge us based on stats.
stellar gpa, average mcat. too bad - they seem to judge us based on stats.
first rejection!
stellar gpa, average mcat. too bad - they seem to judge us based on stats.
Did you see the rejection I quoted above? Dude has a 4.0 39 and got rejected. Their selection process is indecipherable. They must be looking for some kind of unique features in applicants. Guess you have to when you receive around 10000 applications.
I'm awaiting my rejection any day now.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K