You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Any IIs lately? I am dying to hear back!
I just sent an update letter.
I interviewed 11.22 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm am sure we will hear Thursday though. It will have been 7 weeks by then.Has anyone who interviewed in November received a decision yet?
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed in November received a decision yet?
Thanks
I interviewed 11/9 and received a letter stating my application was on hold because they wanted to see my grades from this semester. So, I sent in an update and anxiously waiting to hear.
I applied for the Medical Dean's Scholarship for socioeconomically disadvantaged students when it first became available, and I just received email notification that I've been selected as a 2014 recipient! $25,000 per year, renewed each year with evidence of satisfactory progress through the curriculum. This is nearly a 50% discount on tuition... Creighton's now my least expensive option!!! Anybody else?
Things I thought were odd: I thought awards would be made after Creighton received my FAFSA, and the Secondary application site states that the award only ranges up to $20,000. All the same, very happy to receive this scholarship.
I'm using my throw-away account to post this news, since talking about money is taboo and I don't want this information linked to my main account. At the same time, I found myself wishing there was more information about scholarships when I was stalking these threads last year, so I wanted to make sure I put this information out there for posterity. Moral of the story: If you're economically disadvantaged, don't let Creighton's price tag scare you off!
Things I thought were odd: I thought awards would be made after Creighton received my FAFSA, and the Secondary application site states that the award only ranges up to $20,000. All the same, very happy to receive this scholarship.
I'm using my throw-away account to post this news, since talking about money is taboo and I don't want this information linked to my main account. At the same time, I found myself wishing there was more information about scholarships when I was stalking these threads last year, so I wanted to make sure I put this information out there for posterity. Moral of the story: If you're economically disadvantaged, don't let Creighton's price tag scare you off!
I applied for the Medical Dean's Scholarship for socioeconomically disadvantaged students when it first became available, and I just received email notification that I've been selected as a 2014 recipient! $25,000 per year, renewed each year with evidence of satisfactory progress through the curriculum. This is nearly a 50% discount on tuition... Creighton's now my least expensive option!!! Anybody else?
Things I thought were odd: I thought awards would be made after Creighton received my FAFSA, and the Secondary application site states that the award only ranges up to $20,000. All the same, very happy to receive this scholarship.
I'm using my throw-away account to post this news, since talking about money is taboo and I don't want this information linked to my main account. At the same time, I found myself wishing there was more information about scholarships when I was stalking these threads last year, so I wanted to make sure I put this information out there for posterity. Moral of the story: If you're economically disadvantaged, don't let Creighton's price tag scare you off!
Congrats! That is really awesome, definitely makes the tuition more reasonable.
Have any November interviewees heard anything? There haven't been any accepted posts in quite some time.
I have not. Interviewed 11/22 and its been well over the 4-6 week mark
Have any November interviewees heard anything? There haven't been any accepted posts in quite some time.
I did last week! Interviewed nov 15.
I did last week! Interviewed nov 15.
By snail mail or email? Crap, interviewed the 16th and haven't heard a thing.
Accepted by emailBy snail mail or email? Crap, interviewed the 16th and haven't heard a thing.
Did you hear last Friday? Did they call as well?
My acceptance withdraw officially "processed" a couple days ago. I am not 100% sure how their system works, but I hope someone here gets an invite or acceptance from it! They were also really considerate and understanding about everything, just a fantastic school that I am sad to let go.
No heard on thursday! no call just an email and it took a couple of days for my status to be updated on the online portal thingDid you hear last Friday? Did they call as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing next week! Any tips or insight on what a "typical" Creighton interview looks like? Thanks!
Very laid back.Interviewing next week! Any tips or insight on what a "typical" Creighton interview looks like? Thanks!
Focus on why Creighton and they are very big on non medical volunteering.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I'm having trouble deciding on my preference between the Omaha and Phoenix campuses. Is anyone familiar with the different experiences and how they compare or know a good way to do more research?
has anyone accepted last week received the acceptance packet?
Last edited:
Do you live close to omaha?Just got mine yesterday!
When will they get to Nov. 22nd?????
Was this through email or snail mail?Accepted! They are finally moving on to Nov 16th!
Was this through email or snail mail?
Email. Like above
When will they get to Nov. 22nd?????
I am wondering the same thing! I'm happy to see today's acceptance was the 16th. It doesn't rule me out yet!
When will they get to Nov. 22nd?????
Next week- we review one interview day every Tuesday- we got really backed up over the holidays since we weren't meeting- but you guys are up next 🙂
Last edited:
Any interview invites recently? Complete in October...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Hey Everyone! I received a PM about Phoenix vs. Omaha for M3/M4 year, so I wanted to post my reply here as well in case anyone else is unsure which track they would prefer. It's a little long, but will hopefully be helpful to at least one of you! Also, if you have any questions at all about Creighton/Omaha from a loud-mouthed non-midwesterner (translation: I keep it real hah), let me know!
Ok, here it is:
Congrats on your acceptance! It is definitely hard to find info on the Phoenix Track, but I can tell you as much as I can about what my classmates have had to say about their experiences and how they made their decisions. Sorry if this gets long! First, when I was accepted I put down "No preference" as to what campus I wanted; I'm from the East Coast and knew next-to-nothing about either locations. Once I got to Creighton I stayed on the Omaha track for 3 main reasons: 1. Phoenix is even farther away from everyone I know, 2. I just didn't want to pick up and move after 2 years, and 3. It was going to be the first year of the full Phoenix track (This shouldn't be a consideration at all for you since they definitely have the kinks worked out now).
Most people made their initial decision based on location; the Cali/southerners/some of the East Coasters all put down Phoenix and everyone else put Omaha or undecided. My class had a waitlist for Phoenix that had significant movement; almost everyone who wanted Phoenix eventually got it. Reasons for people changing their minds were: having a significant other on a different track, finding that most of your friends were on a different track, not wanting to move.
In terms of the experience at both locations, everyone I know who has gone to Phoenix has absolutely loved it, and honestly I think it has a lot more to do with the city itself vs. the education you'll get there. There are amazing and not-so-amazing attendings and residents (I would say more amazing than the later haha) at both locations. OB-GYN is known to be very intense down there, Peds incredibly busy but wonderful, but overall I think you'll get everything you need from either. While there is a little more "support" in Omaha due to it being where administration is/the physical school, there is a full team there as well, and I think the school has done a really good job trying to make the experiences/expectations equal at both campuses.
A few things to keep in mind: if you are on one track you can switch or be put on the waitlist throughout M1 and M2, up until I believe February of M2 when the list is finalized. If you are on the Omaha track, you can apply to do a month of either peds or medicine down in Phoenix for M3, as well as a month of medicine in San Fran. M4 is a total clusterf**k that can be made into anything you want! While registering for electives is open to that track first, you can then sign up for as many electives at either location you want- I know 2 girls on the Omaha track that did a month of M3 in Phoenix and ALL of M4 there!
Sorry this is so long, but hopefully it helps. My advice would be to make your initial decision based on city honestly, and to not be too upset if you end up on one track but preferred the other, because you can still spend significant time at the other! If it is truly 50-50 for you, my advice would be to put down Phoenix, as usually the waitlist is to get down there; that was the trend for my class and the current M3s, although apparently the M2s have/had a waitlist for Omaha, so yeah 🙂.
Let me know if you have any other questions; I picked up and moved to the midwest for med school and am really happy I chose Creighton!
Ok, here it is:
Congrats on your acceptance! It is definitely hard to find info on the Phoenix Track, but I can tell you as much as I can about what my classmates have had to say about their experiences and how they made their decisions. Sorry if this gets long! First, when I was accepted I put down "No preference" as to what campus I wanted; I'm from the East Coast and knew next-to-nothing about either locations. Once I got to Creighton I stayed on the Omaha track for 3 main reasons: 1. Phoenix is even farther away from everyone I know, 2. I just didn't want to pick up and move after 2 years, and 3. It was going to be the first year of the full Phoenix track (This shouldn't be a consideration at all for you since they definitely have the kinks worked out now).
Most people made their initial decision based on location; the Cali/southerners/some of the East Coasters all put down Phoenix and everyone else put Omaha or undecided. My class had a waitlist for Phoenix that had significant movement; almost everyone who wanted Phoenix eventually got it. Reasons for people changing their minds were: having a significant other on a different track, finding that most of your friends were on a different track, not wanting to move.
In terms of the experience at both locations, everyone I know who has gone to Phoenix has absolutely loved it, and honestly I think it has a lot more to do with the city itself vs. the education you'll get there. There are amazing and not-so-amazing attendings and residents (I would say more amazing than the later haha) at both locations. OB-GYN is known to be very intense down there, Peds incredibly busy but wonderful, but overall I think you'll get everything you need from either. While there is a little more "support" in Omaha due to it being where administration is/the physical school, there is a full team there as well, and I think the school has done a really good job trying to make the experiences/expectations equal at both campuses.
A few things to keep in mind: if you are on one track you can switch or be put on the waitlist throughout M1 and M2, up until I believe February of M2 when the list is finalized. If you are on the Omaha track, you can apply to do a month of either peds or medicine down in Phoenix for M3, as well as a month of medicine in San Fran. M4 is a total clusterf**k that can be made into anything you want! While registering for electives is open to that track first, you can then sign up for as many electives at either location you want- I know 2 girls on the Omaha track that did a month of M3 in Phoenix and ALL of M4 there!
Sorry this is so long, but hopefully it helps. My advice would be to make your initial decision based on city honestly, and to not be too upset if you end up on one track but preferred the other, because you can still spend significant time at the other! If it is truly 50-50 for you, my advice would be to put down Phoenix, as usually the waitlist is to get down there; that was the trend for my class and the current M3s, although apparently the M2s have/had a waitlist for Omaha, so yeah 🙂.
Let me know if you have any other questions; I picked up and moved to the midwest for med school and am really happy I chose Creighton!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any November interviewees heard anything? There haven't been any accepted posts in quite some time.
I interviewed on 11/9 and I heard back on Dec 12th by email
Any interview invites recently? Complete in October...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Ditto....I just want an interview...or to hear SOMETHING...
was wondering the same thing! haven't found oneSorry if this has already been mentioned, but is there a Facebook page/ will there be one for accepted students?
Is a facebook group the kind of thing the school admissions people put together? or do accepted students just make their own?
Looking back at the previous acceptance days, it seems they may give it out today for the Nov. 22nd group. Crossing my fingers hoping!
Looking back at the previous acceptance days, it seems they may give it out today for the Nov. 22nd group. Crossing my fingers hoping!
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be so bummed if I don't get the acceptance email today!
Good luck!
Has anyone from 11/22 gotten an email? Obsessively checking my email every 30 seconds is starting to take its toll...
Has anyone from 11/22 gotten an email? Obsessively checking my email every 30 seconds is starting to take its toll...
Negative. I am feeling the same way! I feel rejected already lol
My letters went away and came back...twice? I gave up and tried calling the office, but it went straight to voicemail
My letters went away and came back...twice? I gave up and tried calling the office, but it went straight to voicemail
No answer? Do you think they already sent out acceptances and are closed for the day?
I got no answer either. I've been checking my email every 30 seconds too and it has taken its toll already haha
Does everyone still have their letters under status of required materials? Maybe our day was just so phenomenal that they had too many acceptances to send out tonight and they have to wait for tomorrow morning?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I concur. Our group was exceptional 🙂Does everyone still have their letters under status of required materials? Maybe our day was just so phenomenal that they had too many acceptances to send out tonight and they have to wait for tomorrow morning?
Hopefully we hear back tomorrow!
Hopefully we hear back tomorrow!
Hopefully! You have a much more positive outlook than me! I'm feeling like we have been wait listed.
Did anyone ever call or receive an acceptance?
Guys- breathe. The system isn't even updated with decisions yet. Every week acceptances go out at different times- anywhere from Thursday until Wednesday of the following week. If you haven't heard by late Monday afternoon try calling- you're not going to get an answer if you call now.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K