2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got mine as well. Anyone have comments on preferences between the St. Joseph's Campus and the Omaha Campus?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, here's my dumb question of the day: Has anyone figured out how to pay the $100 deposit online?

I was able to activate my NEST account and log in, but none of the menu items on NEST seem to take me to the right place. The student accounts link shows me an error message.
 
Alright, here's my dumb question of the day: Has anyone figured out how to pay the $100 deposit online?

I was able to activate my NEST account and log in, but none of the menu items on NEST seem to take me to the right place. The student accounts link shows me an error message.

I originally couldn't find it either, but if you click the "Site Map" link toward the top it will open up a bigger list of all the available links. There should be a link on the far right column for "Pay School's Class Reservation Deposit Online" and I was able to take care of it from there! 👍
 
I originally couldn't find it either, but if you click the "Site Map" link toward the top it will open up a bigger list of all the available links. There should be a link on the far right column for "Pay School's Class Reservation Deposit Online" and I was able to take care of it from there! 👍

Ahhhh, that did it - Thank you!

Haha, so I couldn't help but notice the fancy shmancy high-quality paper the acceptance letter and forms were printed on. Mildly impressive, but you'd think they'd stick to regular printer paper for the documents we had to sign and mail back. It's not like we get to hang onto those as a keepsake, y'know?
 
So for the Dean's Diversity scholarship the two requirements are to complete the essays and complete our FAFSA. It does not give a date, but I am assuming this is the FAFSA for the 2014-2015 school year (the one that opens in January)?
 
So for the Dean's Diversity scholarship the two requirements are to complete the essays and complete our FAFSA. It does not give a date, but I am assuming this is the FAFSA for the 2014-2015 school year (the one that opens in January)?

That's what I'm thinking. The first scholarship awards are made in February. That's cutting it pretty close for FAFSA, since W-2 forms come out near the end of January.
 
That's what I'm thinking. The first scholarship awards are made in February. That's cutting it pretty close for FAFSA, since W-2 forms come out near the end of January.

Yeah, I would have automatically assumed it was the 2014-2015 FAFSA, but the whole February award notification thing is throwing me a little. I mean, I COULD do the 2013-2014 FAFSA (currently out of school so I didn't do it), but I don't want to if that isn't what they mean.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/29 and I still haven't heard back. Anyone else in the same boat?

OOS 3.7 GPA and 31MCAT..if that matters.
 
Thanks for the response. You just see on their page that it takes "3-4 weeks to review" so I was worried that I had been glossed over.

Creighton reviews and re-reviews apps the entire season. Just because your app got it's first review does not mean an invite won't come later in the season. Hang in there! We interview into March and NEVER interview for waitlist spots only. Also, if you have any updates, or are really interested in Creighton, send us an email- we love hearing from you and sometimes it can get your app another glance that makes the difference.
 
Anyone else's acceptance letter say that they need to complete an advanced genetics or human physiology course with a B+ or better to matriculate? Not cool.
 
Anyone else's acceptance letter say that they need to complete an advanced genetics or human physiology course with a B+ or better to matriculate? Not cool.

Hmmm on their website it looks like those courses are just "strongly recommended", I am confused why they would say you have to take them. Maybe call the office and ask? They are super nice and supportive.
 
Hmmm on their website it looks like those courses are just "strongly recommended", I am confused why they would say you have to take them. Maybe call the office and ask? They are super nice and supportive.
I'm thinking either because I've been out of school for 4 years or because I was a non-science major although my minor was chem...
 
Be sure to send in updates, Creighton is super responsive to them. You may be waiting a while, but if you keep improving your app little by little and let them know, I think you have a shot at getting off the list.

You're right. Thanks for the motivation and hope.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind letting us know your stats? OOS/ IS?
I was complete 9/17 and am afraid they've just glossed over me also :'(

I feel you. Complete 9/1, silence. Been passed over twice, pretty sure I was silently rejected. Sad. Would've loved to interview here.
 
hey. haven't posted on here in years... but im just wondering... for those who interviewed 10/25... did your letters disappear? mine are gone, it seems awfully quick for them to make a decision...
 
got waitlisted. really, really, sucks. i really wanted to go here... and i thought i had a solid shot of getting in
 
3.82, 33, decent hospital volunteering, decent non-medical volunteering, decent doctor shadowing, ran d1 xc and track in college, OOS, came from a Jesuit undergrad. I thought my stats were at least OK. I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up the interview
 
Im sorry to hear that, they have a lot of movement on their waitlist later on. What are your stats like?
3.82, 33, decent hospital volunteering, decent non-medical volunteering, decent doctor shadowing, ran d1 xc and track in college, OOS, came from a Jesuit undergrad. I thought my stats were at least OK. I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up the interview
 
3.82, 33, decent hospital volunteering, decent non-medical volunteering, decent doctor shadowing, ran d1 xc and track in college, OOS, came from a Jesuit undergrad. I thought my stats were at least OK. I'm pretty sure I didn't screw up the interview

That is nuts man
 
That is nuts man
haha i dont know, apparently it's really hard to get into medical school. i guess there's a chance i wont be returning to Nebraska. i feel sorta bad for traveling halfway across the country. i should have at least bought some Omaha steaks when i was there, they're supposed to be really good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha i dont know, apparently it's really hard to get into medical school. i guess there's a chance i wont be returning to Nebraska. i feel sorta bad for traveling halfway across the country. i should have at least bought some Omaha steaks when i was there, they're supposed to be really good.

Ya who woulda thought it was hard to get in?!? Omaha steaks ship their meat so if you have a craving and Creighton doesnt accept you, you can always have steaks!
 
Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering how you got the wait list status notice - through snail mail or email? I interviewed on 10/26 and haven't heard anything, although a friend who interviewed the same day got an acceptance email yesterday.
 
Hi, I was wondering how you got the wait list status notice - through snail mail or email? I interviewed on 10/26 and haven't heard anything, although a friend who interviewed the same day got an acceptance email yesterday.
I'm glad they got accepted. I got it through snail mail. They mailed it Monday.
 
Thanks for the info. I called and was told I was on the waitlist also. Any idea how many got off the waitlist last year?