You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My faculty interviewer was the same.. He printed out only the first two pages of my primary app and it was pretty clear that he hadn't read my file! Haha. I could tell because whenever I brought something up, like tutoring for instance, he would write it down.
Nice post DocOpotamus 👍
Virtual high five!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My faculty interviewer was the same.. He printed out only the first two pages of my primary app and it was pretty clear that he hadn't read my file! Haha. I could tell because whenever I brought something up, like tutoring for instance, he would write it down.
Such a bummer!! I hope we all survive the committee review : )
Such a bummer!! I hope we all survive the committee review : )
Me too! Do you remember when they said they would meet? From last years thread I remember people saying they had an ominous "status update" on their page every now and then with no indication of what the update was, but I don't see a "last updated" section on my secondary page at all.
Me too! Do you remember when they said they would meet? From last years thread I remember people saying they had an ominous "status update" on their page every now and then with no indication of what the update was, but I don't see a "last updated" section on my secondary page at all.
Not sure when they will meet but they said we should find out on Oct 16th : ) I also don't see a last updated section.
Not sure when they will meet but they said we should find out on Oct 16th : ) I also don't see a last updated section.
Ahhhh haha knowing the actual date is scary, I really liked Creighton!
Can anyone who has taken advantage of open door and speaking Dr. Quinn comment on if it has been helpful in securing an interview. I am a second tim applicant and sopke with him several times last cycle but it was later in the cycle so I wasn't able to really help my case. THis cycle i started early.
Has anyone who interviewed early received any sort of update on their status page? Last years thread seemed to have some floating around this time last year.
Has anyone who interviewed early received any sort of update on their status page? Last years thread seemed to have some floating around this time last year.
I interviewed 9/13 and my status just says that my app is ready for committee review.
I interviewed 9/13 and my status just says that my app is ready for committee review.
Yeahhhh mine is the same haha I am just starved for any news
Yeahhhh mine is the same haha I am just starved for any news
Me too! I absolutely loved creighton which was a surprise given its location. Omaha was actually quite wonderful. Here's to hoping for good news for both of us ; )
Can anyone who interviewed here on a Friday give some insight into the Dutch dinner? I interview here next Friday 10/11 and am not sure if I will be able to stick around for the dinner, but I definitely don't want to miss it if it was a helpful addition to your overall impression of the school or to the school's impression of you.
No love here :/ One of my top choices.
When were you complete? They seem to be sending out invites in large batches but with plenty of time in between.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone who interviewed here on a Friday give some insight into the Dutch dinner? I interview here next Friday 10/11 and am not sure if I will be able to stick around for the dinner, but I definitely don't want to miss it if it was a helpful addition to your overall impression of the school or to the school's impression of you.
It's just dinner at a restaurant with Creighton med students.
When were you complete? They seem to be sending out invites in large batches but with plenty of time in between.
I was complete 7/23 ....
I was complete 7/23 ....
Unfortunately all I can say is keep waiting and don't give up hope, Creighton interviews until March!
Does anyone know if they email rejections or is it silent?
I am not 100% sure, but briefly scanning through the threads from previous years it looks more like they are the silent/tell you in March type.
Can anyone who has taken advantage of open door and speaking Dr. Quinn comment on if it has been helpful in securing an interview. I am a second tim applicant and sopke with him several times last cycle but it was later in the cycle so I wasn't able to really help my case. THis cycle i started early.
Out of CA, 3.58 sci GPA, 3.66 cumulative GPA and 31 mcat score. What are my chances here?
Out of CA, 3.58 sci GPA, 3.66 cumulative GPA and 31 mcat score. What are my chances here?
I would say you have a solid shot, how are your ECs?
I would say you have a solid shot, how are your ECs?
Decent
Decent
Well Creighton really likes non-medical volunteering, so if you have at least a decent amount of that I would say go for it!
One more week! 

One more week!![]()
There's a time travel joke to be made here, I'm sure of it.
There's a time travel joke to be made here, I'm sure of it.
Well of course I just meant for everyone else, "one week" means nothing to me 🙂
Does anyone recall, when and how does acceptance/rejection/waitlist goes out?
It seems like last year they called all those who had been accepted sometime during the 16th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like last year they called all those who had been accepted sometime during the 16th.
MSAR also says earliest acceptance notices are given out the 16th.
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
i hope so!
Top part of my status page saying "thanks for interviewing, etc." has disappeared.
Top part of my status page saying "thanks for interviewing, etc." has disappeared.
mine too 😵
Top part of my status page saying "thanks for interviewing, etc." has disappeared.
Me three. Anyone not have this happen?
Top part of my status page saying "thanks for interviewing, etc." has disappeared.
I think so? Would it have been right over all your term, status, and fee info?
I think so? Would it have been right over all your term, status, and fee info?
Yup!
Yup!
any idea what time they start making phone calls?
any idea what time they start making phone calls?
Nope, but from looking at last years thread someone posted they "just got called" starting at 11:00am and the last post that day "got called" at 6:00pm. Granted, SDN is a smaller sample size than those actually getting called, but it looks like it could be a long day. I think they are fine with you calling them once their office opens, but I will probably be too nervous.
Nope, but from looking at last years thread someone posted they "just got called" starting at 11:00am and the last post that day "got called" at 6:00pm. Granted, SDN is a smaller sample size than those actually getting called, but it looks like it could be a long day. I think they are fine with you calling them once their office opens, but I will probably be too nervous.
Lol yeah I'm nervous to call.. I may suck it up and try calling around noon if I haven't heard anything and people start posting stuff..
Lol yeah I'm nervous to call.. I may suck it up and try calling around noon if I haven't heard anything and people start posting stuff..
That is what I am telling myself I am gonna do too, come noon it may be a different story though haha
Aaahhhh now my letters are gone too! I need to stop checking haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aaahhhh now my letters are gone too! I need to stop checking haha.
Just noticed this as well. Getting excitedddd.
Just noticed this as well. Getting excitedddd.
Freaking out*
Accepted by email! OOS, nontrad, interviewed on 8/30.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K