You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jus got the acceptance email!!! I'm going to b a doctor!!! 😍
+1, CONGRATS! We did it! My first. 😍
When I decided to change careers and enrolled in my post-bacc, I was so scared I wasn't going to make it into med school. Even going into the MCAT test day I thought this... I am getting all teary-eyed knowing it's happening now. 🙂
I did not receive an email. Should I assume I was not offered an acceptance? Did anyone get an email saying they were waitlisted or rejected?
I wouldn't necessarily give up hope yet, I know the office is really open to phone calls, I think they will let you know if you call and ask!
For those of you accepted, what day did you interview?
First week of September!
For those of you accepted, what day did you interview?
14 September
.
Last edited:
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!! IM DYING!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in same boat. No status update on page and no email. Interviewed on 9/13. I called and there is no decision made yet.I did not receive an email. Should I assume I was not offered an acceptance? Did anyone get an email saying they were waitlisted or rejected?
I am in same boat. No status update on page and no email. Interviewed on 9/13. I called and there is no decision made yet.
It may be because one of your interviewers were not available to talk about you whenever the committee met. I know that happens sometimes at other schools, I am just not very familiar with Creighton's adcom meeting methods.
Accepted!!!!
Congratulations all!! Accepted here as well! Interviewed 9/14.
Congrats to everyone else who got the good news!! 
Congrats Pyrrion! I'm sure you have many more acceptances coming your way 🙂 At least now a great amount of pressure has been relieved.
Sept. 13

+1, CONGRATS! We did it! My first. 😍
When I decided to change careers and enrolled in my post-bacc, I was so scared I wasn't going to make it into med school. Even going into the MCAT test day I thought this... I am getting all teary-eyed knowing it's happening now. 🙂
Congrats Pyrrion! I'm sure you have many more acceptances coming your way 🙂 At least now a great amount of pressure has been relieved.
For those of you accepted, what day did you interview?
Sept. 13
Accepted! 🙂
Congrats!!!
Any word on a Facebook group yet? I am not quite sure how it works, I know that some schools actually set it up themselves and others let a student do it 😕
did you call the admission office to find out?Yup I'm in the same boat as well. hopefully that's the case!
Any word on a Facebook group yet? I am not quite sure how it works, I know that some schools actually set it up themselves and others let a student do it 😕
The school doesn't set one up- go for it!
I'm a current M4 and I'll try to check in from time to time and answer any questions you guys might have!
-X
Last edited:
Let us know if you make a FB page! I'd be interested in joining 👍
I would haha but I am not the most Facebook skilled. I will try and figure it out, but if anyone knows what they are doing, by all means take the wheel!
Has anyone received the acceptance packet in the mail yet?
Has anyone received the acceptance packet in the mail yet?
I haven't. My thinking is that it should come in the next two days. If they sent acceptances on Wednesday, they probably gave people 2 days to change addresses and then sent the letters maybe Friday? So my best guess is sometime this week...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received the acceptance packet in the mail yet?
Nope, and I had a bad dream that they sent out the email by mistake haha, only a little worried
. I just want confirmation! Hopefully tomorrow 
I haven't. My thinking is that it should come in the next two days. If they sent acceptances on Wednesday, they probably gave people 2 days to change addresses and then sent the letters maybe Friday? So my best guess is sometime this week...
I checked my mail 3 times today...

No packet today either, sighhhhh
No packet today either, sighhhhh
Its nice to know that I'm not alone in this.
I called the office yesterday about the packet and they said they'd be sending them out today or tomorrow so it'll be a couple more days at least I think
Secondary page was updated with a "congratulations" and a link to apply for the Dean's Diversity scholarship today.
I haven't heard from them and am too nervous to call.. Hopefully they are still making a decision on me then haha. They did tell me a few weeks ago that they were putting me on hold for review so that I could send them additional materials. After I sent it in though my letters disappeared.. Now my status page went from having no letters to having the list of my letters on it again... hmmmm
I haven't heard from them and am too nervous to call.. Hopefully they are still making a decision on me then haha. They did tell me a few weeks ago that they were putting me on hold for review so that I could send them additional materials. After I sent it in though my letters disappeared.. Now my status page went from having no letters to having the list of my letters on it again... hmmmm
Haha I don't think I would have the courage to call them either, but if you change your mind they are super nice and supportive over the phone.
Haha I don't think I would have the courage to call them either, but if you change your mind they are super nice and supportive over the phone.
Yeah they are wonderful I'm just nervous that I wouldn't like their answer haha.
Accepted! Interviewed 10/03
Since Creighton breaks their updates into categories, if I have a research update and a non-medical community service update, should I combine them into one letter and submit it under one of the categories or should I submit 2 different updates?
Since Creighton breaks their updates into categories, if I have a research update and a non-medical community service update, should I combine them into one letter and submit it under one of the categories or should I submit 2 different updates?
They are pretty laid back as far as their updates go. They stressed at the interview that they LOVE updates but you do not need to be extra formal with them (not that I would recommend being too casual by any means). Considering both that and the fact that they have dedicated upload spots for each specific "type" of update, I would go ahead and submit them as two updates, each in their respective category.
They are pretty laid back as far as their updates go. They stressed at the interview that they LOVE updates but you do not need to be extra formal with them (not that I would recommend being too casual by any means). Considering both that and the fact that they have dedicated upload spots for each specific "type" of update, I would go ahead and submit them as two updates, each in their respective category.
Great to know! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure how I felt about the tests being computer-based my host seemed to think it hurt her in the sense that being given multiple choice exams she didnt have to know how to spell or pronounce anything, she only had to be able to recognize the letters.
Just to throw something in about the testing, USMLE Step 1, which is by far the most important thing for the first two years of school no matter where you go, is a computerized multiple choice exam. Creighton does a very good job of modeling their exams after Step 1. While the testing format is probably not ideal for actually learning things for wards, it is very effective for boards, which are key for residency applications. Computer testing is the way to go and the timing and question style will help get you ready for boards, especially during the M2 year.
ii. Yayy!
ii. Yayy!
Congrats! When were you complete?
Got the acceptance packet today, I live fairly close to Omaha though (~4 hours). Postmark says it was sent out on 10/22.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K