You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invite as well! LoR received 9/6. This is really exciting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! Hope to see some of you on the 25th? 👍
Scheduling for December because airfares be crazy around Thanksgiving! ...and because I have a few big deadlines at the end of November, hahah 😛
Scheduling for December because airfares be crazy around Thanksgiving! ...and because I have a few big deadlines at the end of November, hahah 😛
Lol I spent $700 on my plane ticket to Mayo... At least the hotel was cheap.
Congrats to you guys! going crazy over here since my LORs were received 8/19 and still no word! 🙁
Same – nothing for me either. It seems like we've been passed over for this batch of II, though I'm not entirely sure if that means it's game over.
Same – nothing for me either. It seems like we've been passed over for this batch of II, though I'm not entirely sure if that means it's game over.
Ya can anyone provide insight into this? I know they send out their rejections and it's pretty clear so if we haven't heard anything yet are we still floating?
Lol I spent $700 on my plane ticket to Mayo... At least the hotel was cheap.
Uh, yeah, just spent $550 on mine..
If anyone is interviewing on the 25th and is looking for a room, PM me and we can split the already small cost. I have a room booked and the cheapest one turned out to be a room with 2 beds so I'm obviously not using one of them. I'm staying November 24-25th.
Days Inn Rochester Downtown
6 1st Avenue Northwest
Rochester, MN 55901
I haven't heard yet and I'm going crazy! Hopefully this week sometimeAnybody in the 8/19 LOR received batch hear back for an II or a rejection yet? Soo anxious....
If you see the past few posts, it seems that people complete around the same date you were have started to hear back ..Anybody in the 8/19 LOR received batch hear back for an II or a rejection yet? Soo anxious....
I was complete 8/19 and have yet to hear back. Fingers crossed.
I was 9/6 I believe and received an II, so you guys in 8/19 that haven't heard back shouldn't lose hope yet, you are likely still under consideration if you haven't received the rejection yet! Good luck, hope to see some of you there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ranked today. Fingers crossed!!!!!





D
deleted448265
Ranked today. Hoping (praying) for some good news.
8/19 batch, still waiting... I'm sitting on 7 rejections and 0 II at this stage, it's pretty late in the cycle, mayo plz show some love...Anybody in the 8/19 LOR received batch hear back for an II or a rejection yet? Soo anxious....

Just got a phone call!
...from a telemarketer!
Lol they always call at the worst times.
Lol they always call at the worst times.
Hmm maybe they aren't calling today? Does anyone know if hold emails have gone out yet?
Hmm maybe they aren't calling today? Does anyone know if hold emails have gone out yet?
I'm thinking they haven't because I'm supposed to get either a call or a hold email today - I got ranked two weeks ago. So maybe they're just taking their time with it today? Still holding out hope for a call!!
I'm thinking they haven't because I'm supposed to get either a call or a hold email today - I got ranked two weeks ago. So maybe they're just taking their time with it today? Still holding out hope for a call!!
Hmm maybe they're not appointing this week? Who knows. Sometimes they do send hold emails the next day after calling people, but I guess if people don't get hold emails tomorrow, they haven't called anyone this week.
I was in the 8/19 group and received an II in this latest batch.
Congrats, mind sharing your stats? 🙂
I guess the better question to ask is did anyone from this batch get a rejection yet??Same – nothing for me either. It seems like we've been passed over for this batch of II, though I'm not entirely sure if that means it's game over.
Congrats, mind sharing your stats? 🙂
My stats are average for top schools. LizzyM in the mid 70s. I am a nontrad with substantial research and community service experience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was emailed the LOR request back in late september, but I still have not heard back for a "LOR Received/Complete" email. My letters were uploaded to AMCAS-- is anyone else in the same boat?
Just got rejected. My letters were received in early September. Good luck to everyone still in the Mayo race 🙂
Just got rejected. My letters were received in early September. Good luck to everyone still in the Mayo race 🙂
Same here.. Got the email right before midnight. Well I had hope I would receive an interview invite.. Oh well you win some you lose some.
😛
Sent from my phone.
I was emailed the LOR request back in late september, but I still have not heard back for a "LOR Received/Complete" email. My letters were uploaded to AMCAS-- is anyone else in the same boat?
They have been pretty good about getting back to people who submitted their LoR early through AMCAS. I did the same thing and they got back to me in just a couple days. Might check with them, they are really friendly and very helpful with situations like this. Good luck!
I just double checked earlier and I did infact have a LOR received email, I just had to search a different keyword. Whoops!They have been pretty good about getting back to people who submitted their LoR early through AMCAS. I did the same thing and they got back to me in just a couple days. Might check with them, they are really friendly and very helpful with situations like this. Good luck!
Anyone in Rochester already for Monday's interview and want to go bowling? Haha
After weeks of silence, II!!! Fee Paid 8/23/2013, Request for LOR 9/4/2013, sent in update on 10/09/2013, infamous 3AM email for interview invite 11/11/2013. Michigan Resident: Stats MCAT 33, cGPA 3.75, s GPA 3.84. Looking forward to the great white north.
Congratulations to all of you receiving IIs/acceptances! 🙂
Anyone know how long Mayo is conducting their interviews until? I'm all kinds of anxious mixed with tons of desperation!
Anyone know how long Mayo is conducting their interviews until? I'm all kinds of anxious mixed with tons of desperation!
Congratulations to all of you receiving IIs/acceptances! 🙂
Anyone know how long Mayo is conducting their interviews until? I'm all kinds of anxious mixed with tons of desperation!
They conduct interviews until mid December. Though last year they added a couple days in January.
Post-interview hold, notified 18 Nov 2013
Interviewed 14 Oct 2013
Not surprised... my faculty interviewer was somewhat hostile toward me. We did not connect well.
Good luck to everyone else.
WHAT?!?!?! Does that mean they made phone calls today!?!? Did anyone get a phone call today?
Well guess I'm going to have to wait until January to hear about my status. I've never seen anyone in the previous threads get accepted after being on hold for more than 2 weeks.
Yeah, I also had a very uncomfortable interview here as well. I was actually put off guard by it because I wasn't expecting it.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also placed on post-interview hold today, interviewed 10/14.
Haha, good luck to us. 🙂
D
deleted448265
Hold Status. Interviewed 10/25. The saga continues.
Hold Status. Interviewed 10/25. The saga continues.
I'm so confused now. Does that mean they made calls yesterday and Monday?!?
Has anyone who's interviewed recently know how many people Mayo has accepted? In past years, Marcy (the old admissions director) and Gina have told later interviewees how many people they've accepted. @kyamh, have you interviewed yet?
Not yet, but I will be sure to report back on Monday evening!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
